=LuxWraith=
+3|6515
bf2 games can sometimes produce hillarious and "omfg" moments. in the last couple of days i clearly remember 3 of those interesting situations:

1. was defending airfield as infantry on wake at the height of the northern towers, when 2 jets just engaged slightly in front of me and between airfield and north base. one of the jets was shot down at treetop level and - OH SHIT -I only had the time to get a glimpse of the main bulk of the aircraft ruin as it cartwheeled right into me, sending me flying from rightmost north tower almost to beginning of runway...

xxx is no more.

2. next one was me in f35 and we had the airfield on wake. an enemy tank was trying to recapture the flag and only 1 other infantry of my team were nearby to defend. so i start the bombing run, drop the bombs quite late, level off out of the dive only slightly above ground level (+/- at 5 feet only!!!) and - wtf is that? black hole of a MBT tank cannon? BAM !!! - I spear right into our own tank that the infantry guy from before had just jumped into a couple seconds earlier. needless to say that the first moments after messages like "sry" "wtf?" etc were flowing, but then we had a good laugh as such a situation doesn't arrive often. oh, and by the way the enemy tank capped the flag as it was only damaged after my bombing run ... I can imagine him thinking "thx guys, what n00bs..."

xxx teamkilled yyy.
xxx is no more.

3. this time in my team's favor on wake. As PLA we had lost all flags except south base and an enemy tank reinforced with infantry was whoring my side's ground troops at south base entrance. well as I had spent all ammo (bombs, missiles and even mg ammo) I thought wth lets "KAMIKAZE" ... Got to a height of 200 ft, lined up the tank and here it comes ...
slightly before impact I jump out and -YEAH- the aim was true as my beloved J10 ended up as adornment (like on cars) on the charred hulk of the tank.

WAY TO GO,  "J10 AIR TO GROUND KINETIC MISSILE"

So anyone else wants to share their latest SURPRISE-SURPRISE / OMFG / NO WAY moments?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6517|so randum
been in the littlebired, supressin infantry, when on my rader i see a plane flyin by, a frogfoot. it passes overhead, circles back, and comes in for a bombing run. i turn to face it, and just see 2 bombs bearing down on me, as im 100 ft in the air. didnt even have time to think
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
harp03n
+5|6389
see my topic called longest snipershot for my most unbelievable story
LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6502|England
i was playin wake today an the j10 flys buy our carrier but does nothin! i'm like hmmm next thing i know there 2 bombs commin straight towards me from the air! classic
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6736|Melbourne, Australia
nothing much excites me anymore i sit on INF ONLY 32 player server and go 45 for 5 (or under) it just aient much of a challange anymore with internode n00bs
Turtle
+7|6774|Boulder, CO

=LuxWraith= wrote:

slightly before impact I jump out and -YEAH- the aim was true as my beloved J10 ended up as adornment (like on cars) on the charred hulk of the tank.

So anyone else wants to share their latest SURPRISE-SURPRISE / OMFG / NO WAY moments?
I seem to always end up having to do that on dragon valley. It tends to surprise ground troops too. I've taken that main falg back a few times after a few infantry and a tank take it. Line up the ram and jump out, by the time I hit my chute and the ground I have enough time to see the bewildered look on their faces before they figure out that I jumped out and am now shooting them.

My favorite oh shit moments are flying jets. I love it when I can get both pilots to chase me to see if I can get them to reverse loops into each other. Only happened a few times but damn, it's funny..
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6420|Alberta, Canada
My best was in Wake.
I was flying a helo and my buddy, blinky_mon hopped in.
He's an alright gunner... But we were being attacked by an F35.
I turn and line him up with the oncoming F35, TV missile right in the pilot's face.
One of the greatest BF2 moments I had.
JoeFriday
Git 'Er Dun
+23|6457|Canada
i ate a squirrel
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6635|InGerLand
when you look up, time slows down, and your world becomes that bomb flying right at your head...
Sir Killa4live
+12|6664

Turtle wrote:

=LuxWraith= wrote:

I seem to always end up having to do that on dragon valley. It tends to surprise ground troops too. I've taken that main falg back a few times after a few infantry and a tank take it. Line up the ram and jump out, by the time I hit my chute and the ground I have enough time to see the bewildered look on their faces before they figure out that I jumped out and am now shooting them.

My favorite oh shit moments are flying jets. I love it when I can get both pilots to chase me to see if I can get them to reverse loops into each other. Only happened a few times but damn, it's funny..
I want a video of such a situation, that would rule.

Today:

We are waiting for our serevr to fill (1 player till game starts)
So we started knife USA vs MEC. We are all bunnyhoping and such 2 vs 2.
Then suddenly by accident a MEC kills the other MEC and they lie there, we laughed our asses off, it was  a freaking matrix move, we cirkeled and they slashed at the moment they where at the inside and faced each other, it looked like they both got launched toward there arms, and hit it with their chest. They made a complete salto before hitting the ground.

See it.
https://img292.imageshack.us/img292/2776/screen006xd7.jpg

Last edited by Sir Killa4live (2006-11-18 14:46:49)

Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6497|Purdue
This has been awhile, but I was shooting a TV missile at a chopper on Oilfields and an F15 jumped out in front took the shot for his teammate.
Turtle
+7|6774|Boulder, CO
I never bothered making vids but I definately could have had some cool ones. At this point I won't even try since the game locks/disconnects so often. I suppose I'll try 1.41 tonight and see how bad that can screw me.
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6387|Stealth on Grand Bazaar
I guess there is 1 for me and 1 for another guy. First was me, I was in anti air at the Chinese airfield on Dalian Plant at the end with the tanks under the canopies. I saw him dive and pull up early, I thought great Ill get him with the anti air now. I saw 1 bomb fall about 20m away from me and then looked up a little higher....................................................it was a direct hit. I nearly shit myself and jumped, I was just so suprised. Best one for me was getting a f-16 with TV solo chopper on operation clean sweep. He turned at the last minute to come up for his run at me and I literally saw his face infront of the TV when I hit him. Bet he really shit himself. He didnt say a word
VicktorVauhn
+319|6409|Southern California

I.M.I Militant wrote:

nothing much excites me anymore i sit on INF ONLY 32 player server and go 45 for 5 (or under) it just aient much of a challange anymore with internode n00bs
lol go back to normal servers then...
Even I pull out gnarly scores on infantry only, its easy. Go play infantry on a normal server if you so leet...

Infantry only just takes away the challange of dealing with tanks, plane, choppers, arty, ect....Its not like you can't play as infantry normally, the setting just removes most of the danger.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6589

The only one I really remember is on Kubra Dam. This must have been around Febuary 06... I don't have many moments of oh shitness. But anyway, I was soloing in the Cobra and I see an enemy helicopter pop up over one of the hills, so I fire a TV straight at him. 20m or so in front, my TV missile randomly explodes even though I was definatly in range. Then I return to the pilot's seat and point myself towards the heli again for a second shot, only to see an F-18 wreckage right next to their helicopter, and I'm thinking "wtf?" to myself and look up to see "|DL|Behemoth [Teamkills] Forgotthename"...

I can imagine the look on the faces of the guys in the MEC heli, and the F-18 pilot also wondering what the hell hit him... it was hilarious once I realised what happened.

Other than that, it's returning to the pilot seat and get a face full of grass/plane/whatever, or when I see a friendly plane heading straight for me over the runway (while in a plane also) and neither of us move... boom.
JaggedPanther
+61|6491
whenever I'm capping a flag and a bomber releases 5 bombs down from the air and all you can do is look at them and say 'oh ****! ; They  come slowly but there is no where to run!!!

Or when you say ' just another hour' for playing BF2 and next time you look at the clock it's 3AM

Last edited by JaggedPanther (2006-11-18 16:22:15)

JE3146
+109|6588|Oregon
Was playing on a 24/7 Sharqi map with a friend of mine on TS when I'm running across the road between the construction site and the surveylance when this support guy runs across the street to my left, so I quickly pop him with the AK101 and reload, as I hadn't in a while, when my friend says... lookout, theres a guy behind you...

SO I turn around with my AK ready, when all I see is the bumper of an HMMWV running my ass over.

I had to politely explain to my friend the difference between... "there's a guy behind you" and "there's a fucking truck coming to run your ass into the dirt"

Last edited by JE3146 (2006-11-18 16:31:50)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard