J3ST3R
+59|6515|Vancouver, Canada
I unlocked the AR rockets and im havin a real hard time usin them, is there a certain technique
FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6641|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer
don't you have to roll the mouse wheel when your zoomed in to set at what distance they will explode??

i don't know, i don't have 2142, but isn't that how it operates
2tuff
Positive Karma Here!
+357|6777
Practice makes perfect.
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6482|Purdue
The rockets don't explode unless you're at least 20 feet (or meters...w/e) away. If you zoom, you can scroll the wheel to set the distance they explode at. Like 2tuff said. Pratice makes perfect.
00joe
+16|6648|UK
I hardly ever have to adjust the distance manually. Even when faced with support guys behind their IPS, I just aim above them at the same distance their shield is set and usually kill them in 2.

Use walls/objects to get the distance, or the ground if you're elevated.

Always fire the whole salvo, unless you're undetected and can hit the guy with the rocket or you know he's already wounded. Even then, you're left with 2 rockets which means you'll need to find another target under the same circumstances for a kill.

I usually fire all 3 regardless.

When defending a point, I use it as a primary weapon rather than a situational backup, and kill the target 9/10 times.

If I could, I'd hump it.
Angel.C-sq
+24|6690|Computer Chair
Aim close to a target, scroll one up or down fire and forget.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470
They only kill at 20+ meters.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6697|UK
shoot at the wall behind the enemy rather than at the enemy and the kills will come flowing in
Magius5.0
+106|6383|UMass Amherst
The rockets are incredibly useful.  Not only can you set the distance they detonate, you can kill so many guys behind cover with them...and some of their buddies if they're close to that wonderful explosive barrel.  I've killed many snipers with the thing, and suffice to say, they get pissed when they're finding themselves spammed by high-yield explosives.
They still are balanced however; back in BF2, it would annoy the hell out of me that someone would use the grenade launcher to shoot someone two inches from their face, kill them, and miraculously survive themselves.  That's why there is now the 20 meter minimum distance, and why it now takes two rocket hits to kill someone.  Multi-kills are easier with this thing, given the reload time and the fact you can launch three in rapid succession; my advice, zoom in so you reduce the spread of the rockets.
jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.
I still think if i shoot someone at point blank with the rocket it should kill them.

I did it the other day,then i wen't back behind my shield,switched to rifle mode and killed him.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6624|Little Bentcock

Angel.C-sq wrote:

Aim close to a target, scroll one up or down fire and forget.
link52787
+29|6523
ahhhh, the rockets, love'em.  They are fun to use especially if you see a squad in a distance, a massacre waiting to happen.
Zukabazuka
+23|6687
Just love those rockets, people think they are safe on top a huge building shoot 3 rockets and bam 1-2 kills. Also that voss has damn good aim. In the titan its usefull to when defending that is because those who gonna throw rockets will have problem getting forward because you shoot faster and reload faster and get ammo faster than those who throw nades.

Lucky that its minimun distance is at 20m otherwise it would been one hecka of grenade launcher.
zeidmaan
+234|6416|Vienna

in city maps I get more  kills with rockets than with bullets.

Anyway in case you are still confused hewes how it goues. If a guy is proned behind a shield than you should aim directly at the shield and THAN zoom in. Rockets will be automaticly adjusted for that distance. Now flip your mouse wheel once and aim above the shield. Rockets should ekplode over his head. If the distance was just over 20 meters than you should just take one step forward and fire.

One flip of the mouse wheel increases the didtance by 2 meters for me. I think is relative to the windows setting for mouse wheel.

ps. im typing in the dark.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6657|UK
no its easy, wait for the long beep, waist of time if the halo is turning as you prop miss, its a great gun i piss of every one who get into a halo with one, that if we are talking about the same gun ground to air missile right for the enginer
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6528|Singapore
remember that the rockets will drop over long distances....so aim higher when shooting at far targets..

btw that thing owns if the enemy is camping their own reactor core...just get to the vents and start shooting..
Magius5.0
+106|6383|UMass Amherst
I pray they don't nerf the rockets.  Seriously, it's the one over-powered thing that I hope they DON'T nerf... mainly because I have been killed so few times with the things; people simply under-utilize them, unlike me, heh heh.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6762

Magius5.0 wrote:

I pray they don't nerf the rockets.  Seriously, it's the one over-powered thing that I hope they DON'T nerf... mainly because I have been killed so few times with the things; people simply under-utilize them, unlike me, heh heh.
I feel exactly the same way. I think I've killed more people with the rockets than anything else.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6582|Melbourne, Australia.
Sadly though, they probably will...similar to what they did to BF2's noob tube .
Proxus
+4|6456
plus they can kill severly wounded battle walkers like i did the other night LOL

i bet that walker pilot was pissed...
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6735|Oslo, Norway
Just do not use the in close combat situations...
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6657|Brisbane, Australia

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

Sadly though, they probably will...similar to what they did to BF2's noob tube .
Not really, I find everything is rather balanced. Save for the Ganz and maaaayyybe Gunships
a_fraudulent_miracle
+7|6717|MoVal, Southern California
the rockets are GREAT the way they are now! gotta love 'em. they work wonders on camp gibraltar.
Ryan
+1,230|6844|Alberta, Canada

Goven wrote:

The rockets don't explode unless you're at least 20 feet (or meters...w/e) away. If you zoom, you can scroll the wheel to set the distance they explode at. Like 2tuff said. Pratice makes perfect.
Too cool. I can't wait to get 2142.
Revelstoke
The Medic Whore
+9|6703|Ontario
i love taking out FAVs with these things

nothing like getting 3 or more kills from one set of rockets

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard