Titanium Shadow
Silent Justice
+0|6765|Chicago
I know there are alot of posts on this topic.

But I may have figured out what the criteria may be....

1. At least 30 hrs as army

2. I think maybe a best round of 80

The reason I say this is today i hit 30 hrs as SPETZ and low and behold there is the ribbon...(I already had a best round of 92)...

And finally today I got a best round of 81 as SAS and boom there is the ribbon...(OH YA BABY)

So I hope this helps U guys
SpecialOp21
+0|6731|USA
Hmm, and here I was thinking they wouldn't even be available until the next patch. Nice find.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6731|Antarctica
Interesting, I meet the req's yet I don't have the ribbon, hmmmm....

question: did you get both at the same time? because if you did then that means you have to have 30 hrs for both sides. ex, you need 30 hrs as SPETSNAZ and either SAS or Rebels because thats who fight eachother.

Last edited by VeNg3nCe^ (2005-12-22 01:14:41)

Buffnuggles
+11|6758|The Hague, Netherlands
I hope your right, cause I played 56 hours on Spetz and had a best round of 90.
Got no ribbon for it, on SAS i played 14 hours.

I will try these coming days to get more than 30 hours and a best round of +80.
TroyN
+0|6751
Congrats. Nice to see someone on these forums actually obtain them to speak to. Did it appear during the round or after?
Titanium Shadow
Silent Justice
+0|6765|Chicago
I got them after the round....They never popped up in game play ...just after I disconnected.  I got the first one(SPETZ) at 30 hours.

The second one(SAS) I got like an Hour later..After I got a best round of 81..Thats all I can tell You guys at this moment.
YitEarp
+1|6751
sweet man!  yeah i thought these were commented out, thats cool.  im like 45minutes away from my SAS ribbon evidently.
Titanium Shadow
Silent Justice
+0|6765|Chicago

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Interesting, I meet the req's yet I don't have the ribbon, hmmmm....

question: did you get both at the same time? because if you did then that means you have to have 30 hrs for both sides. ex, you need 30 hrs as SPETSNAZ and either SAS or Rebels because thats who fight eachother.
You know, You have a valid point there .  Could be another requisit..   I hope you get yours soon just as well...then maybe you can give alittle feed back also... would be appreciated I'm sure by fellow Bf2s guys...
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6814|England
I have 37 Hours as seals with 136 wins and a best round score of 125.

Only 17 hours as SAS though..
=RDG=[N.B]canadiannnn
Forklift Whore
+67|6793|Canader , eh?
interesting find...better tell Chuy about it...
Sgt.Gene
+215|6789

Titanium Shadow wrote:

The reason I say this is today i hit 30 hrs as SPETZ and low and behold there is the ribbon...(I already had a best round of 92)...

And finally today I got a best round of 81 as SAS and boom there is the ribbon...(OH YA BABY)

HMMM... THIS IS INTERESTING CONSIDERING THOSE RIBBONS ARE CODED TO BE LOCKED... NOW WHAT I THINK U DID WAS REMOVE A FEW LINES OF CODE CHANGE THE REQS AND BAM U GOT THE RIBBONS. BECAUSE THOSE RIBBONS ARE CODED TO BE LOCKED WHICH MEANS NOT ACCESSIBLE WHICH MEANS U CHANGED THE CODE TO MAKE THEM AVALIABLE
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6814|England

Sgt.Gene wrote:

Titanium Shadow wrote:

HMMM... THIS IS INTERESTING CONSIDERING THOSE RIBBONS ARE CODED TO BE LOCKED... NOW WHAT I THINK U DID WAS REMOVE A FEW LINES OF CODE CHANGE THE REQS AND BAM U GOT THE RIBBONS. BECAUSE THOSE RIBBONS ARE CODED TO BE LOCKED WHICH MEANS NOT ACCESSIBLE WHICH MEANS U CHANGED THE CODE TO MAKE THEM AVALIABLE
Yeah, just like the veteran zip line badge that I got the other day without un-commenting anything. That was said to be unobtainable also.

Having problems with your caps lock?
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6796|AUS, Canberra

Sgt.Gene wrote:

Titanium Shadow wrote:

how do you know that?
i why wouldnt he unlock them all smart guy??

Last edited by the_heart_attack (2005-12-22 12:52:36)

Sgt.Scream.MDK
+19|6789|Florida - America's Wang!
@Titanium Shadow: In looking at your stats, I think it has to do with playing each map and possibly winning a round as that specific army. I say this only because when I got my MEC (regular) and PLA service ribbons, it was only after I played each map as the opposition and won a round also.

Just throwing this out there for anyone to confirm/deny (from the wiki):
Devil's Perch - SEALS Vs. MECSF
Iron Gator - SEALS Vs. MECSF
Leviathan - SEALS Vs. MECSF
Ghost Town - SAS Vs. SPETZ
Mass Destruction - SPETZ Vs. Rebels
Night Flight - SAS Vs. Rebels
Surge - SPETZ Vs. Rebels
Warlord - SAS Vs. Insurgents

so a win as each army in each map might do it (again, can anyone confirm/deny?)

Hope this helps

edit: if it were commented out, wouldn't it not show up in the EA feed, i.e. his stats page?

Last edited by Sgt.Scream.MDK (2005-12-22 12:55:15)

Sgt.Gene
+215|6789

Kobrakai wrote:

Sgt.Gene wrote:

Titanium Shadow wrote:

Yeah, just like the veteran zip line badge that I got the other day without un-commenting anything. That was said to be unobtainable also.

Having problems with your caps lock?
srry for the caps lock just signed on windows forgot to turn it off. ok ill just tell u guys the file so u can go check it out your self so u know im not lying. first off the vetern zip line is coded to be accessible as is the grappling hook. ok the file is in c drive/programfiles/eagames/battlefield2/pythonxpack/bf2/stats/medal_data
this is the file which holds the code for sf ribbons and medals. now if u scroll down past the big x pack divider u will see the ribbons it should start with navy seals. if u look to the left of the name u will see 3 # signs this indicates that it is locked. now by removing 2 of the # signs u will make the ribbon accessible. also if u scrool up a bit u will see the vetern zip line which has 1 pound sign which indicates it is accessible
Sgt.Gene
+215|6789

the_heart_attack wrote:

Sgt.Gene wrote:

Titanium Shadow wrote:

how do you know that?
i why wouldnt he unlock them all smart guy??
he wouldnt do this because then it would draw attention to him self and then EA would find out.
YitEarp
+1|6751
i just hit 30hours on SAS with82 wins and a B.R.S. of 108, no ribbon yet.  im positive ive won as SAS on warlord, night flight.  not sure about ghost town but once i get another win on warlord ill try and play that and night flight to see if winning on all SAS maps after 30hr req gets it.
THA
+609|6796|AUS, Canberra

Sgt.Gene wrote:

if u look to the left of the name u will see 3 # signs this indicates that it is locked. now by removing 2 of the # signs u will make the ribbon accessible.
who told you that?

also if you open that file it has read only atributes, so how can you change it?

Last edited by the_heart_attack (2005-12-22 13:16:52)

Titanium Shadow
Silent Justice
+0|6765|Chicago

Sgt.Gene wrote:

Titanium Shadow wrote:

First off I'm not the only one with the ribbons.

Secondly I have the slightest clue on how to code or uncode somethin...my luck I would mess with that stuff and wipe out my whole game...(thanks for trying to make me look like a genius though

And lastly I'm just one of the million tryin to figure out how to get these things, and I was tryin to be helpful with what I experienced. So please don't FLAME me for it..

P.S. Have A Merry Christmas,  You're not alone in this world   Be A PLAYER Not A HATER!!!

Last edited by Titanium Shadow (2005-12-22 13:28:42)

Sgt.Gene
+215|6789

the_heart_attack wrote:

Sgt.Gene wrote:

if u look to the left of the name u will see 3 # signs this indicates that it is locked. now by removing 2 of the # signs u will make the ribbon accessible.
who told you that?

also if you open that file it has read only atributes, so how can you change it?
well lets see... u right click it, go to properties, then unclick read only, apply, then edit it then change it, save it, then make it read only again
THA
+609|6796|AUS, Canberra

Sgt.Gene wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

Sgt.Gene wrote:

who told you that?

well lets see... u right click it, go to properties, then unclick read only, apply, then edit it then change it, save it, then make it read only again
isnt the reason punkbuster is around to scan these files for modification?

Sgt.Gene wrote:

he wouldnt do this because then it would draw attention to him self and then EA would find out.
and im sure if they are locked EA wouldnt care if he had 1 or all of them.

Last edited by the_heart_attack (2005-12-22 13:51:34)

Sgt.Gene
+215|6789

the_heart_attack wrote:

Sgt.Gene wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

who told you that?

Sgt.Gene wrote:

no actually i have done it before just modded around the file and i got right into a server no problems
u r right EA probably wouldnt care
THA
+609|6796|AUS, Canberra

Sgt.Gene wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

Sgt.Gene wrote:

Sgt.Gene wrote:

no actually i have done it before just modded around the file and i got right into a server no problems
so your stats are from cheating then?
Sgt.Gene
+215|6789

the_heart_attack wrote:

Sgt.Gene wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

Sgt.Gene wrote:

no... i just tested the ribbon thing on a dummy account.
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6814|England

Sgt.Gene wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

Sgt.Gene wrote:

no... i just tested the ribbon thing on a dummy account.
So if this is possible, im guessing its also safe to assume the other award settings can be changed as they are in the same file, Meaning in theory you could change the requirements to allow yourself to easily receive any award in the game. Sorry but this doesn’t sound very likely to me.

And there is also the fact that why would they just comment them out if you could receive them without any problems?

You know that file your referring to may not even have anything to do with the game at all, it may just be leftover rubbish that is no longer needed.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard