RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6407|NSW, Australia

this is mainly for the Aussies but do you think our government is trying to be to much like America?
Mongoose
That 70's guy
+156|6532|Sydney, in 1978
yes, john howard it a 4 eyed fuck, he has fucked up the economy as much as gough whitlam, i hope they BOTH have slow and painful deaths
Janja
Jiggaboo Jones
+11|6383|FLOOR E DUH
no but your waves are better than florida. so i <3 you more.
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6659|Australia
I think we TRY to be like the USA, but i dont think we are too much like them.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6407|NSW, Australia

i think we should stop all together and do our own thing,and when dubyah asks to go to war agian we should tell him to blow it out his ass

Last edited by <<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven (2006-11-17 22:23:20)

Mongoose
That 70's guy
and dont forget to get rid of those fucking workplace laws, there defieantly NOT GOOD for the economy now matter what anyone says
oberst_enzian
+234|6744|melb.au
our current government is not really 'trying to be like' america, but rather have abandonded the hope that we will be able to produce a viable economic forecast without whoring ourselves to the US.

Howard's greatest mistake (and I reckon what he will be remembered for, once we regain some political balance and people are actually encouraged to think again) is essentially selling our national identity to make this happen - for example, in adopting positions of foreign policy that are simply not appropriate for us geopolitically (whether you think they make any kind of moral sense or not), in order to secure a far more secure trading relationship.

liberal fuckers.

don't waste your vote.

Last edited by oberst_enzian (2006-11-17 22:31:19)

Mongoose
That 70's guy
agreed, he is the biggest fuckup since whitlam
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6659|Australia

oberst_enzian wrote:

our current government is not really 'trying to be like' america, but rather have abandonded the hope that we will be able to produce a viable economic forecast without whoring ourselves to the US.

Howard's greatest mistake (and I reckon what he will be remembered for, once we regain some political balance and people are actually encouraged to think again) is essentially selling our national identity to make this happen - for example, in adopting positions of foreign policy that are simply not appropriate for us geopolitically (whether you think they make any kind of moral sense or not), in order to secure a far more secure trading relationship.

liberal fuckers.

don't waste your vote.
DONKEY VOTE! Cause hell will freeze over before i vote for Labor or Greens, and the Dems are preety much sunk.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6674|Colorado
Whats wrong with being like America, other than all the bullshit they pulled on you guys during & after WWII.
We are allies & should have a strong trade relationship, as far as politics goes I don't have a clue on whats going on over there.
Good luck with that there ,still might be time to change your government, here no one would know where to start its so f'ed up.
rusty_s_browne
+0|6372
You People R Brain Dead Everybody Sucks U Should Get Ya Masks On And Piss Of To Another Country If You Aint Happy And Wake The Fk Up Wearing Masks Makes You Look Weak So Therfore All The Protesters Are Just Showing Tat Thay Aint Got The Balls To Stand Up And Do Something The Right Way Grow The Fk Up And Act Your Age Get In To Government And Make A Change Do Thro A Tantrum Like A Two Year Old
Mongoose
That 70's guy
fuck me, why dont YOU piss of to america and live with all of those illeterate fags
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6562

oberst_enzian wrote:

liberal fuckers.
For the non-Aussies:  The Australian Liberal Party is actually the right wing/conservative party, the leader is John Howard, current PM, and, in co-alition with the National Party they currently have control of both the upper and lower houses.

TrollmeaT wrote:

We are allies
And so far Australia hasn't really gotten anything in return for 50 years of dedicated service.

TrollmeaT wrote:

& should have a strong trade relationship
Yet the US insists on only agreeing to deals which heavily favour it, whilst country Australia out of overseas markets through subsidised agriculture.

Also, John Howard is trying to be like America, he just has old fashioned views in many areas, including defense.
BVC
+325|6697
On this side of the Tasman, John Howard is often thought of as George Bush's bitch.

Australia & America are both white-majority english-speaking wealthy democratic continent nations with federal government systems...you know, states and shit.  AND THEY BOTH START AND END WITH THE LETTER 'A'!!!!!!!!!!! (omg)

TrollmeaT wrote:

And so far Australia hasn't really gotten anything in return for 50 years of dedicated service.
Australia (and yes, I'll admit, NZ too even after the ANZUS catfight) has benefitted from the very public knowledge of it's alliance with America, in the form of deterence.  Indonesia may have been less friendly than it has been, were it not for the knowing that they wouldn't just be fighting Australia/NZ if they decided to try and grab a slice of NT/QLD/wherever else...
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6562
And how, pray tell, are the Indonesians going to attack Australia?
BVC
+325|6697
You have to consider the historical effect of the alliance; if ANZUS or any other alliance/semblence of loyalty between the US & Australia had never existed, Indonesia may have been more inclined to build up an invasion capability over the years.
Mongoose
That 70's guy
Australia and New Zealand will be the only countries left in the world after every ones done killing each other

Last edited by Mongoose (2006-11-18 02:16:03)

BVC
+325|6697

Mongoose wrote:

Australia and New Zealnad will be the only countries left in the world after every ones done killing each other
Because we've learned the only thing worth throwing at other nations is sheep jokes
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6562

Pubic wrote:

You have to consider the historical effect of the alliance; if ANZUS or any other alliance/semblence of loyalty between the US & Australia had never existed, Indonesia may have been more inclined to build up an invasion capability over the years.
Meanwhile we would have been more inclined to build up a real, effective continental defense capability.

Fun fact: the US refuses to guarantee assistance to Australia in the event of an attack, and ANZUS does not obligate them to.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6550|Southeastern USA
you need more pussy cars like europe, send me all your falcons, holdens (pre- GM ownership plz), and challengers.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Mongoose wrote:

Australia and New Zealand will be the only countries left in the world after every ones done killing each other
Negative, EU and the PAC.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6659|Australia

Mongoose wrote:

End of ze World! -----> http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/end.php

Anyway, Australia's relationship with the USA i would have to say is not as strong as it used to be. Our politicians have finally realised that we reside in ASIA! So china, india and japan are becoming a lot more important to us than the USA in terms of the economy.

In terms of defence i honestly think we are screwed without the deterance that is the USA. Seriously - we reside on the biggest island in the world and have a fairly large population, yet our entire military personel could fit COMFORTABLY in the MCG, if not the SCG!!!
Meanwhile we have 220 million poor indonesians JUST north of us, who would love to get away from the natural disaster prone, poverty stricken, islamic radicalist hotbed that is their overpopulated country.

We need a bigger military and some sort of defence pact with Japan or possibly even China or India - the last two arent overly favourable, aside from their large, advanced militaries, because they could drag us into a war with Taiwan or Pakistan, but i guess the USA dragged us into Iraq...

Last edited by Iron_Sentinel (2006-11-18 13:15:18)

Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6666|NT, like Mick Dundee

Rusty, they classify Australia as a Constitutional Monarchy for a reason. We have a fairly democratic form of government. The point of a democracy is that the people have some control over what goes on in a nation and if they don't like it they don't have to move away, they can just vote for changes. Hey, Rusty, you wouldn't happen to be John Howard would you? Or maybe Costello...

Still, they can't take all the blame for everything considering every state government is controlled by the Labour party. Heh, revoking the no new mines policy was a silly idea.

@ Sentinel: We have enough rednecks with guns (legal or illegal, take your pick) in the NT, North Queensland and Northern WA to hold of any invading force...

Pubic, John Howard is thought of as G.W.B's bitch over here too...

Fun fact: Wiki's ADF article. The Aussie military has about 70,000 people in it and that is including roughly 20,000 reserves. We could fit them all into a footy stadium. Anybody curious about how the Top End (NT) is "defended" should do some reading on NORFORCE... Those guys are pretty crazy. Know one of them (reservist unit that works with NORFORCE during excersises), went buffalo hunting with an M249 SAW at one stage (out on patrol, one threatened them...).

EDIT

Bubbalo wrote:

Pubic wrote:

Meanwhile we would have been more inclined to build up a real, effective continental defense capability.

Fun fact: the US refuses to guarantee assistance to Australia in the event of an attack, and ANZUS does not obligate them to.
I think they would help us dude... Largest reserves of Uranium on Earth. I don't think the US would like the idea of somebody less than friendly controlling those reserves.

Holy crap, that's probably the longest post I've written on this site.

Last edited by Flecco (2006-11-18 13:59:51)

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.

kr@cker wrote:

you need more pussy cars like europe, send me all your falcons, holdens (pre- GM ownership plz), and challengers.
Yes,Europe make some of the shittest,pussiest cars ever....

On further thinking i decided to actually see what European car companys are making,then i changed my mind.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6666|NT, like Mick Dundee

jord wrote:

kr@cker wrote:

Yes,Europe make some of the shittest,pussiest cars ever....

On further thinking i decided to actually see what European car companys are making,then i changed my mind.
BMW, Renault, Aston Martin.... I want a DB9. Pity they cost almost as much as the house I live in. I think....

Kracker, you can go get fucked, we are keeping the holdens.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard