Poll

Should I get a PS3 or upgrade my PC?

Upgrade my PC63%63% - 35
Buy a PS314%14% - 8
Buy both and make my family starve for a while21%21% - 12
Total: 55
T4rd
+44|6676|West Point, NY
So I'm debating on weather I should spend $600 on my PC or a PS3.

Here's the parts I have and would like to replace (cept for my graphics card).:

939 pin AMD 64 4000+
2 GB (4x 512 MB) Corsair DDR 400
X1900XTX

I will definitely keep the graphics card for now and I was just looking into replacing the mobo, CPU, and RAM.  I want to upgrade to a Intel E6600 Conroe, any decent mobo with 975X (I think..?) chipset that supports the Conroe chips, and 2 GBs of of DDR2 800 RAM.

OR

I can buy a PS3 that will go perfectly with my sweet-ass Sony XBR2 46" LCD 1080p TV .  I would really love to have a blu-ray player so I can finally put this 1080p TV to good use too.  The only think about this though is I think it's gonna be a bitch to find/buy a PS3 by Christmas.  I would have pre-ordered one, but the Army decided to have me in the field for 11 days while the PS3 launched.  It's a tough call for me, what do you guys think?

Last edited by T4rd (2006-11-17 14:12:49)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468
The only place you can buy PS3s from now are scales and they cost like 2400 USD. Upgrade the PC.
T4rd
+44|6676|West Point, NY
Does Sony seriously not plan on shipping any more PS3s until next year?
JT_001
+17|6420|Canada
Why buy a PS3 that is a mere gaming console when you can upgrade your PC and have your games and everything else that PCs offer! (popup ads, goatse, EA patches)   *grin*

Stick with the PC.  Seriously.
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6541|Winterpeg, Canada
The first batch consisted of about 400 000 units, the second batch should be out before christmas, 600 000 units. Don't know if this is official, but one of my teacher's (video editing and art) told me about this, as well as a few of my other friends.
T4rd
+44|6676|West Point, NY
I actually have a way to get a PS3 without going through ebay or retail.  One of my relatives bought one planning to sell it on ebay, but will sell it to me if I want it.  So don't factor in the shortage of PS3s on this poll.
jord
+2,382|6678|The North, beyond the wall.
I think because this is a Pc gaming forum,the results will be a tad bias.

I'd get a PS3,i'm getting a Plasma Tv as well so it would be fun.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6644|Ohio
the ps3 has no advantage over a pc. seriously, go with the pc. now if you wanted something new and different, i would get a wii, and some upgrading on my pc, like a new mobo and psu, and reuse the same ram.
{XpLiCiTxX}
Ohh skeet skeet
+143|6470|New York
Upgrade your PC.
jord

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

the ps3 has no advantage over a pc. seriously, go with the pc. now if you wanted something new and different, i would get a wii, and some upgrading on my pc, like a new mobo and psu, and reuse the same ram.
It does.

Pc's freeze and lag and you have to piss around fixing them.Consoles are simple and is a quick plug in and play.No install time or wait,thats why i prefere them.
DeepSkysUrGe
+28|6435|Jax, Fl
You don't need no Piece of Shit 3 (PS3), just upgrade the 'ol comp
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6644|Ohio

jord wrote:

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

It does.

Pc's freeze and lag and you have to piss around fixing them.Consoles are simple and is a quick plug in and play.No install time or wait,thats why i prefere them.
well, i hear the set up time for a ps3 is fairly rediculous. like, at what frequency you want your cd's played rediculous.
kilgoretrout
+53|6470|Little Rock, AR
Piss on the PS3.  Upgrade your comp and buy a Wii.  The Wii is the only advancement in console gaming that's not purely cosmetic since the Dreamcast/N64.
Simon
basically
+838|6658|UK
Pc
DeepSkysUrGe
+28|6435|Jax, Fl

kilgoretrout wrote:

Piss on the PS3.  Upgrade your comp and buy a Wii.  The Wii is the only advancement in console gaming that's not purely cosmetic since the Dreamcast/N64.
woo hooo good call, +1
jord
Like i said.Pc gaming forum equals bias results.

Now lets all go to a PS3 only forum and ask who like's Pc's...
T4rd
+44|6676|West Point, NY
If you guys had a 46" LCD Sony XBR2 1080p TV, you would still go with upgrading the PC?  Did you read that part in the original post or just reply to the poll without reading the post?  I want to make sure you guys factor this in.
gregarnold
+-1|6582
go with pc
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6689|Tampa Bay Florida
PS3 is a damn ripoff................... PC or Wii, imo
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6650|Keyboard
Pc Ftw
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468
ATM there is only one PS3 game that doesn't suck. So you spent $2400 on a console and only get one good game. Nice.
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6697
Why get a PC when you can have the PS3?

You can surf the web on it and play 64 multiplayer games when unreal comes out.

Oh and its only $1,000 and above b/c of ebay pricks
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6405|NSW, Australia

Starve That Family

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard