FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6639|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer
some of my friends were telling me that a ps3 was bought on eBay for 89 million US dollars.  I said it was a line of bull, but they insisted that it was true.  I looked on eBay, but the most any were selling for is 10,000.  do you guys have any info on the truthiness of this statement.  My opinion is that its crap, but they claim they have it bookmarked on their computer. 

anyways, i googled for it, but nothing came up... which even further leads me to believe it's a hoax
DeepSkysUrGe
+28|6434|Jax, Fl
tell your friends they are stupid cuz thats a bunch of bullshit.  the highest i've seen was 12k

89 million?  please...

Last edited by DeepSkysUrGe (2006-11-17 13:13:32)

FesterTheMolester
my thoughts exactly.... why in the world would someone spend 89 million when they could spend 10k.... hence bullshit
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6843|Waikato, Aotearoa
why the fuck would u wanna spend 12k? Why not wait for it be released commercially? jeez what a waste of money
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6694|The Ville
lols like that will get a bid. Funny if it's true though.
Simon
basically
+838|6657|UK
Rofl 89 million.. your better off trying to make your own with that kind of money.
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6694|Vancouver BC Canada
The PS3 is ridiculous. You could build 3 high end gaming computers for the price of one of those things on Ebay. Give it 2 months and they will be under $600.

Man, the things I could do with 12k.
DeepSkysUrGe
+28|6434|Jax, Fl

-101-InvaderZim wrote:

why the fuck would u wanna spend 12k? Why not wait for it be released commercially? jeez what a waste of money
I know, it makes me sad to know people want this stupid thing so bad they'll pay 2000% ((did I do that math right?)) of what its really worth.

Last edited by DeepSkysUrGe (2006-11-17 13:20:45)

T4rd
+44|6676|West Point, NY
Bill Gates might spend $89 Mil on it cuz to him there's little difference to $89 mil and $600.  He might wanna do that so he can study the inner-workings of the PS3 and learn how to kill it so the 360 will win the console war (which Sony will prolly win).  lol
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6531
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6698|U.S
I looked at the guys feedback who bought it and no longer is the a member of ebay i wonder if he was being an ass and bid up to that huge price.
{XpLiCiTxX}
Ohh skeet skeet
+143|6470|New York
If this ebay thing is real, it's not difficult to pull off.

This is most likely just two friends that wanted to make the front page of the news or something stupid like that.  It's real easy to do, one friend posts his product for a ridiculous price and the other friend bids on it and wins the auction.  Then, all the first friend has to do is mark it as "Payment recieved".

End of story.
FesterTheMolester
yeah, your probably right xplicit. I've never sold anything on eBay though, so i don't know how it works.  But doesn't eBay take a chunk of what's paid to you?
{XpLiCiTxX}
Ohh skeet skeet
+143|6470|New York

FesterTheMolester wrote:

yeah, your probably right xplicit. I've never sold anything on eBay though, so i don't know how it works.  But doesn't eBay take a chunk of what's paid to you?
I believe it's 3%, but that might only be on Paypal accounts. I could be wrong though.

I know if I had an Ebay account and I didn't get what I wanted for my product I would have a friend bid on it or "Buy it now" and just mark it as payment received and give the friend good feedback.

As for the percentage that Ebay profits from, it might only be to a certain amount, because I know that Ebay does not profit from cars. (Ebay autos)
DeepSkysUrGe
+28|6434|Jax, Fl

ShadowFoX wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150059269467
I still consider that fake, no one is going to honor that bid...esepcially since the winning bidder just bought a 6 dollar pair of aviators and like Travis said, hes no longer a member of eBay.  Prolly won the auction then got banned by eBay for intentional false bidding.

Last edited by DeepSkysUrGe (2006-11-17 14:54:24)

Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6480|Purdue

ShadowFoX wrote:

Found it on CDG forums.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … 0059269467

Enjoy.
The receipt says 100 dollars no tax or anything.
Hmm.

I think he preodered it..and payed most upfront.

Last edited by Goven (2006-11-17 14:56:59)

gburndred
tiga tiga tiga tiga tiga woods ya'll
+95|6638|Calgary,AB,Canada
Well, more then half of the people that bid on that PS3 are no longer a registered user
CaptainMike
It's just a flesh wound
+45|6644|Canada

gburndred wrote:

Well, more then half of the people that bid on that PS3 are no longer a registered user
I noticed that too. As soon as it hit the $5000 mark, none of the higher bidders are registered. Someone was spamming!
<BoTM>J_Aero
Qualified Expert
+62|6465|Melbourne - Home of Football
Highest sold for US $15 000.
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6733|Oslo, Norway
Someone has problems in their head...
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6549|Southeastern USA
anyone willing to pay more than market price for a gaming console should be drug out into the street and shot

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard