encoded_evil
+1|6707|Gent
hi all

what class should I unlock after my assault?

I liked being engineer in bf2 but I don't think it will be that much fun in 2142

Recon? hmmm I'm not that much of a sniper, how is the carbine when u compare it vs BAUR

Should I go support? hmmm dunno

help please I need a class that brings fun not points
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6759|Sweden
Recon with RDX, APM mines and preferable the Lambert then you can join the masses and whore the Titanships in a more effective way than before.

Edit: The Lambert is awesome in closequarters and decent o medium distance don´t try to outsnipe assault-guys on long distances though

Support works to if you like to Nadespam and play with sentryguns

Otherwise is the engineertree with the Pilum-gun kinda ok

I guess you´re a groundfighter since you unlocked the whole assaulttree first so if you want some fun i guess the Lambert could be the one for you, You can have some fun with the Stealth and RDX, Try to pick up your dead teammates kits and try out the unlocks before you decide.

Last edited by madmurre (2006-11-17 03:59:07)

Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6714|NT, like Mick Dundee

madmurre wrote:

Support works to if you like to Nadespam and play with sentryguns
I play support... I only use the EMP nades really and I don't take the sentry guns with me.... Clark + Wallhax thing = fun.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6878
If you play titan mode a lot then Engineer class is certainly entertaining. Pillum to 1 shot tanks, motion mines that you can lay round corners and behind stuff to get tanks and a lovely smg that'll waste anyone nearby.

The Clark is also great fun.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6494|The Land of Scott Walker

encoded_evil wrote:

hi all
I liked being engineer in bf2 but I don't think it will be that much fun in 2142
Recon? hmmm I'm not that much of a sniper, how is the carbine when u compare it vs BAUR
I also unlocked the whole assault tree and I’m going for engineer next.  On the big maps and even some of the smaller ones, I have a blast taking on armor as Engineer and the SMG on EU has a wicked fast rate of fire for close combat.  In BF2 I love AT, so adding the AT capability to the Engineer in 2142 has made it one of my favorite kits for my playing style. 
As other have said, if you like running and gunning with Assault, you’ll probably like the Lambert carbine.  It’s essentially the G36C of 2142. I’ll probably go for support after engineer but I may go for the Lambert side of the Recon.  I like to be in the thick of the action, rather than trying to avoid it and pick people off.  And the Baur gives me the ability to pick people off with prone single shot when needed.  I’ve picked up the Ganz off of people I’ve killed and I like the power.  Doesn’t shoot as fast, but prone I could mow the enemy down quite easily.
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6728|In You Endo- Stoke

Stingray24 wrote:

encoded_evil wrote:

hi all
I also unlocked the whole assault tree and I’m going for engineer next.  On the big maps and even some of the smaller ones, I have a blast taking on armor as Engineer and the SMG on EU has a wicked fast rate of fire for close combat.  In BF2 I love AT, so adding the AT capability to the Engineer in 2142 has made it one of my favorite kits for my playing style. 
As other have said, if you like running and gunning with Assault, you’ll probably like the Lambert carbine.  It’s essentially the G36C of 2142. I’ll probably go for support after engineer but I may go for the Lambert side of the Recon.  I like to be in the thick of the action, rather than trying to avoid it and pick people off.  And the Baur gives me the ability to pick people off with prone single shot when needed.  I’ve picked up the Ganz off of people I’ve killed and I like the power.  Doesn’t shoot as fast, but prone I could mow the enemy down quite easily.
If you love AT in bf2 ,then go for engineer! i unlocked all the engineer's first and great having all the unlocks for them.
zeidmaan
+234|6464|Vienna

encoded_evil wrote:

hi all

I think you are abit confused. In BF2 as engineer you could place mines and repair things, and you had a shotgun for basicly close quarters. You ahve all of that in 2142 + Anti Tank rockets and AT Rifle. And you can equip a personal vechile detector thing. So you have a bunch of things you can do = fun.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6598|UK

Support FTW!

major ownage for titan defense, and you can deliver pretty relentless gun fire, unlocks like the small sheild, and sentry guns to aid u in stayin alive and take out ur aggressers in a faster more satasfying manour

Martyn
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6437|New York
yeah, engineer in 2142 is pretty amazing. it's an extremely useful kit for your team as a whole.

the pilum makes that kit that much more fun.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
a_fraudulent_miracle
+7|6765|MoVal, Southern California
OH yeah, the Pilum is definitely worth the unlock path. You can sneak attack a tank... they won't hear a lock-on tone with the pilum, so they won't know if you're around. The PDS-1 device you get is VERY useful. You slap one on the silo (somewhere kinda hidden... if the enemy destroys it, they get a point) and it will show you any vehicle within range. Then you blast that vehicle with your pilum and rack up some kills + defend points! The engineer class is Way better in 2142 than it is in bf2.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6798|Mark it zero.
Recon is lots of fun with RDX and APMs
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6517
carbine owns.
[J5]Dirrty.Magic
+35|6732

a_fraudulent_miracle wrote:

The PDS-1 device you get is VERY useful. You slap one on the silo (somewhere kinda hidden... if the enemy destroys it, they get a point)
Can someone confirm that you score points for blowing up enemy PDS-1s?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard