VicktorVauhn
+319|6393|Southern California
It seems like one loaded with medics supply and engineers could do quite a bit of damage flying around dropping mines, and resupplying/healing other troops. With 2 engineers fixing and a good pilot I would think you could stay in the air for a while.

Especially with a good commander.

But I never see this done....People alway either fly high as a mobile spawn point, or drop troops off as quick as possible. Even when Ive been engineering and fixing the chopper, the rest of the crew bails out at the first sign of danger, even if Ive been keeping it repaired.

Does anyone actually use these things as anything other then transport, or did removing the guns kill its only chances of using it for attack?

Last edited by VicktorVauhn (2006-11-16 17:38:15)

TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6621|Mhz

Ever since the guns on the BH were rendered all but useless no-one really bothers with them for anything but a taxi. What you described used to be very common place and got squads well over 400 points a round... hence DICE ruined the BH to stop them.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6592|Reisterstown, MD

I often rape the US carrier in a black hawk.  Just spin it around and get on the mini-gun and mow them down as they spawn.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6598|Seattle

They are flying death traps. The vulcan cannons eat them for breakfast and everyone dies. Back in 1.21, they were great. You could actually kill people with the miniguns. Now they're just big targets/easy kills.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
oberst_enzian
+234|6744|melb.au

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

DICE ruined the BH
...fuckers.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6743|London

Yep, nerfed.

I don't know why though, I can't remember that many people whining about the BH being overpowered.

I diddn't think it was overpowered, just fun on mashtuur.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6631|Washington, DC

Given all the other shit it's been given, boosting the guns back to how they were in 1.0 (the good version of BF2) wouldn't hurt.

I use the blackhawks for C4 jihad and for taking my passengers on "unexpected detours" into out of bounds
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6707
Why did they NERF my favorite weapon?!

Last edited by Deadmonkiefart (2006-11-16 17:53:04)

spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6643|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
Patch 1.12 is the best for blackhawk whoring.

revert to patch 1.12 today for better gameplay, higher scores, and a shitload more fun.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6836|Kubra, Damn it!

VicktorVauhn wrote:

It seems like one loaded with medics supply and engineers could do quite a bit of damage flying around dropping mines, and resupplying/healing other troops. With 2 engineers fixing and a good pilot I would think you could stay in the air for a while.
I've actually tried this exact thing before. Usually you get taken out before you get anything done, but once we hovered over the MEC airfield on Oman and dropped mines on everything. Medics on the miniguns, pilot was supply and 2 engineers in the back. It worked really well for the engy's they each got several mine kills and a couple of repair points. The medics racked up several kills each on the minis (no heals though) and the pilot got a ton of driver kill assists and ability assists. It was pretty kickass. The next round we swapped the engineers with a couple of snipers to drop claymores on the carrier, but got raped by the Essex pretty hard.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6743|London

spawnofthemist wrote:

revert to patch 1.12 today for better gameplay, higher scores, and a shitload more fun.
Did 1.12 allow you to cap flags as passengers in vehicles?
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
ShellShock.PwN
+31|6788|Barrie Ontario
yea i remember back in the days when you could fly over and ppl would run in fear, now they laugh and continue on their way....
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6643|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

Dauntless wrote:

spawnofthemist wrote:

Did 1.12 allow you to cap flags as passengers in vehicles?
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6641|Your moms bedroom
ahh brings back old memories of mashtur rapings
specops10-4
+108|6744|In the hills

Hurricane wrote:

Given all the other shit it's been given, boosting the guns back to how they were in 1.0 (the good version of BF2) wouldn't hurt.

I use the blackhawks for C4 jihad and for taking my passengers on "unexpected detours" into out of bounds
LOL, when I get bored I make new accounts and do that all day long!  Its so fun, yet so depressing at how much more boring it is to do that instead of actually play...  But it can be fun for a little while.
signa
~~~~~
+50|6730|Michigan, USA

Locoloki wrote:

yep fun times.  those miniguns could take out a vodnik in 2 seconds, not to mention infantry as soon as the cross hair touched them. :p
specops10-4
+108|6744|In the hills

Locoloki wrote:

It would bring back a revival of fun if they fixed that, iverything seems kinda bland now.  They should have let BF2 keep its own identity, and not change to the sims.  It was oh so much more fun to play in the old days.  I still love playing 2x more than any other game but it used to be 50x better .
eyesteponbabies
Banned
+13|6432|St.Louis, Missouri
battlefield vietnam, was a good game... Especially with the annoying background chopper music.
specops10-4
+108|6744|In the hills

signa wrote:

Locoloki wrote:

yep fun times.  those miniguns could take out a vodnik in 2 seconds, not to mention infantry as soon as the cross hair touched them. :p
Pro or anti good BH guns?  Cant tell from that post...
Locoloki
its sad when the mini gun can no longer blow up a a supply crate
Sigarms357
Say Hello to My 11-87
+6|6740

ShellShock.PwN wrote:

yea i remember back in the days when you could fly over and ppl would run in fear, now they laugh and continue on their way....
Yeah that was great

I got my first 20k points partially whoreing on BH's, best round score I ever got was 157 tho.
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6650

Locoloki wrote:

oberst_enzian
+234|6744|melb.au
and not to be too one sided - i reckon hearing their distinctive rotor noise coming in and going 'oh shit!' was a fun experience too - not to mention taking one down when it was obliterating your team. twas fun
sharpshot19
Copenhage master
+30|6697|minnesota

oberst_enzian wrote:

and not to be too one sided - i reckon hearing their distinctive rotor noise coming in and going 'oh shit!' was a fun experience too - not to mention taking one down when it was obliterating your team. twas fun
haha yes! sometimes i would just spend the round hunting the BH in a car and get at least 5 kills everytime id take it out...now your luckin if you get 2 kills outta takin it down
Locoloki
the ole one shot six kills, even better having a full chopper fall onto a jeep with 2 guys in it... boom 8 kills, and yes i used to run in fear at the sound of the black hawk, knowing if i hid i could just run and cap the flag after they left  sniping the pilot of a fully loaded black hawk and watching it crash to the ground and getting six kills isnt to shabby either

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard