Thalantyr
+0|6843
Guys, has anybody else noticed that 13 out of the top 15 players on BF2s.com stats have got all their kills on Strike at Karkand?

I think this is disgraceful...
I went over each player, and they basically all had a 5:1 ratio of time spent on Karkand compared to any other map...

We all know Karkand is a good map, probably the best to most...
and we all know that its also probably one of the easiest maps to get a high score on...

What ever happened to nice map rotation...?

I would love to see what stats these guys could pull on maps like Zatar Wetlands, Dalian Plant, etc...
Cause i dont think it would be HALF as good...

There! ive had my bitch
priznat
+0|6871
Some people don't like the vehicle-heavy maps, and I can understand that.. Personally Karkand is probably in my top 3-4 after Oman and Dragon Valley.. I friggin hate Songhua Stalemate though, and quit the server if that one comes up in rotation.. The fog, the steep roads the APCs can barely make it up.. Ugh!

Really Karkand and Sharqui are a couple of the only maps where you can go on foot for any period of time without being slaughtered by a vehicle.. Although Sharqui has those damn helicopters!
Thalantyr
+0|6843
dont get me wrong, i enjoy assault maps a LOT more than wide-open vehicle maps...
and i usually do pretty bloody well on them too...

but comon, a little bit of change never hurt anyone...
the game was designed for both vehicles and ground assault...

some of these guys have like 354 hours on Karkand, and 20 hours on everything else...

i just cant understand where the fun is in that...

anyone can hit a mouse button at the right time to take out an enemy that jumps around the corner...
it takes skill to take down an abrams tank in the middle of a field with only a few squad members...

i play for fun... but i also enjoy the stats... everyone enjoys the stats...

i just think that these guys play those maps for a reason, and thats for stats only... not because they are NOT vehicle heavy...
the reason for this, is because EVERY one of their scores is based on a 8:1 ARMOR kill:death ratio...

which means they are the vehicle-heavy players...

Last edited by Thalantyr (2005-08-29 16:26:55)

priznat
+0|6871
Nothin wrong with some APC whoring action on Karkand, that is my personal favourite thing.. I think I had a kill streak of 42 or something one time with the LAV-25.. Good times!
sinir
damned
+2|6843|Boston

priznat wrote:

Nothin wrong with some APC whoring action on Karkand, that is my personal favourite thing.. I think I had a kill streak of 42 or something one time with the LAV-25.. Good times!
Hehe, the LAV aka the flightless BH.  Not many people know how to use them effectively but I would take the LAV over the Abrams on Karkland any day.

For some poeple stats are what its all about, for others its just icing on the cake.  Just remember that there isnt much difference between the leaders and the rest of the field except for the number of hours that they have played.  I would say that they only real way to tell the talent level of a player is by looking at their SPM and then taking into account the amount of time that they have spent in armor/plane/etc.

Last edited by sinir (2005-08-29 16:57:09)

ShadowdogKGB
+6|6869
Bah. I'll break it to you gently. Most of the top twenty are smacktards plain and simple. It's the same old gay ass shit as in BF42 and DC. They're one trick ponies. Not to mention the huge flag capping chopper  fags. Take em out of their precious tank, plane or chopper and you will most likely lay them smooth the fuck out. Fuck 'em.

Last edited by ShadowdogKGB (2005-08-30 00:42:04)

YoBabysDaddy
+31|6848|St. Louis, MO
Sorry to beat a dead horse ,but arn't the (Knife and Pistol only) servers always Strike at Karkland?
I know I saw the guy whos like 7th overall just raping with the artillery and armor.
I,m sure thier SPM was pretty impressive.
However it does seem like a easy map to gain points,everyone has a tendancy to bunch together.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6868|Bryan/College Station, TX

sinir wrote:

priznat wrote:

Hehe, the LAV aka the flightless BH.  Not many people know how to use them effectively but I would take the LAV over the Abrams on Karkland any day.
Minus the fact that a BH doesn't get blown up by mines, C4 and 2 AT hits and that an Engineer can't repair a LAV-25 when inside.
Other than that you are correct.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6857

ShadowdogKGB wrote:

Bah. I'll break it to you gently. Most of the top twenty are smacktards plain and simple. It's the same old gay ass shit as in BF42 and DC. They're one trick ponies. Not to mention the huge flag capping chopper  fags. Take em out of their precious tank, plane or chopper and you will most likely lay them smooth the fuck out. Fuck 'em.
lol you're really bitter towards those b-hawk whores, eh? It's just a game. hmmm... maybe it's not just a game to you.. considering you have almost 500 hours. Does it bother you that you have almost the same time racked up as the top 3 guys in BF2 and yet you're a lower rank?
priznat
+0|6871

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

lol you're really bitter towards those b-hawk whores, eh? It's just a game. hmmm... maybe it's not just a game to you.. considering you have almost 500 hours. Does it bother you that you have almost the same time racked up as the top 3 guys in BF2 and yet you're a lower rank?
Ouch, burn. IBL!

On a constructive note, I am also kind of annoyed that the whole ranking system is so based on points accumulated and therefore the people who play it 18 hours a day will of course be at the top. As someone who really doesn't have the time to dedicate to playing more than an hour or so every other night (with the occasional marathon), this is a little bit of a downer. I want a life, but my competitive side wants to kick more ass!!
sinir
damned
+2|6843|Boston

kilroy0097 wrote:

sinir wrote:

priznat wrote:

Minus the fact that a BH doesn't get blown up by mines, C4 and 2 AT hits and that an Engineer can't repair a LAV-25 when inside.
You are right the LAV is nothing compared with the BH, but due to its speed i feel pretty evenly matched in one against a tank so long as we aren't out in the open.  After the initial volley I would find some cover, repair for several seconds (as the tanker is struggling to get into position to shoot you again) then pop out at full speed cannon and rockets blazing.  Move fast and you can be really tough to hit at close ranges.
lowyaukee
+2|6859
I'm sorry but what's wrong for people who only love to play one map?  I hate the Zatar Wetlands map so I would quit the map most of the time unless I am in a good squad.

Maybe we should adjust the stats to address to this concern.  Say, a separate stats as per each map.  Does it work?
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6850|Netherlands
moi detest every map with any overkills,but to see that so many stay in a chop-ho all the time for theire own self,and forget the players that they leave behind,over and over again. btw;yesterday i got a big button for the first time in karkhand, with 2 apc,s together side by side;1 repair driver and 1 medic,   it was awesome!.
Rakasan
+7|6861|California, USA
Karkand owns, I didn't know this game came with other maps
TreeNode
+0|6837|Western New York

kilroy0097 wrote:

sinir wrote:

priznat wrote:

I've blown up BHs with mines. In fact, if there's a vehicle with nobody in it, and you put a mine just underneith it, once someone gets into it it usually blows up.
gvp000
Bah Humbug!
+3|6837|UK

ShadowdogKGB wrote:

Look at it this way - the league table is there so you can see the real lame a$$ whores are.  It's a Top-20 Hall of Lame.
gvp000
Bah Humbug!
+3|6837|UK
Although from the BF2s Home page...

"Earn Some Rank

Come play on the official BF2S.com 64 player Ranked server:

FF OFF KARKAND & RANKED"

Guess you need to make your own mind up about that.....
StateCop
+0|6833
The next thing you know if you are found on a server that plays 24/7 Karkand you will have your stats reset...lol
[FMF]Jimbob
+0|6833
Hmm, don't know if I should bother posting here as a lot of you are just shooting from the hip but here's an interesting one that I posted elsewhere at the time...

My buddy and I were playing Strike on Karkand on Multiplay.co.uk :: ComputerWorld (85.236.101.39:16667) ranked server at about 7pm BST on the 26th August and both scored quite low (I died an awful lot!) but it seems that our stats from that round have been multiply registered like over one hundred times!

Check it out, http://bf2s.com/player/45322280/ (or http://bf2tracker.com/bf2_userprofile.php?bf2id=45322280 if that ain't working!) and you can clearly see the inflated Strike on Karkand time! All other maps are about even. Of course this glitch has destroyed all my other hard-earned stats eg. spm, number of loses, fragrate, combat score, global points, time spent with assault rifle etc. My other concern is that anyone else playing this server would have also had their stats updated in this manner as has happened to my clan mate [FMF]WarriorPig. Because he played better during this round his stats shot up 7000+ global points whereas mine was about 3000. So how about those that got the medals huh? Far from acceptable do you not think?

I have contacted ea customer support and have had some response (though no solution) and also chatted with server admin but again, nothing concrete. From the response we have had it seems we are not the only ones to suddenly receive far more points than we should... :S

-Jimbob
ProDicTeD
+2|6833
Damn people. why complain about Strike at Karkand? i play allot on city maps, especially karkand that's because i 2 payed for this game and i 2 want to play something i like. Of course gulf of oman and some more are fun but when i go in a server which plays all maps i usually encouter a map where everyone is a tank! at least with these kind of servers u know what you're expecting.
gvp000
Bah Humbug!
+3|6837|UK

ProDicTeD wrote:

Damn people. why complain about Strike at Karkand? i play allot on city maps, especially karkand that's because i 2 payed for this game and i 2 want to play something i like. Of course gulf of oman and some more are fun but when i go in a server which plays all maps i usually encouter a map where everyone is a tank! at least with these kind of servers u know what you're expecting.
Good on yer, Whatever blows your hair back....

I like all of the maps - although get to play Karkand the least cus the servers are always full when that map comes around, so I always seem to join just after Karkand on the rotation !

I would like to see some breakdown of stats by map though, as there's no doubts that each map presents it's own challenge and some people are going to be better at certain things, so it would be interesting to see that.

PS - I don't think anyone is complaining about Karkand, just lamenting some of the people who HAVE to play Karkand because they've become slaves to the points !

EDIT - I've got to say though... I did raise an eyebrow when I saw that the BF2s server is Karkand with Team Damage OFF - suprised that ranked servers allow that, since it can only ever make the scores higher.  To me it would seem that a server setup this way is bound to attract a certain type of player......I'll say no more.

Last edited by gvp000 (2005-09-06 08:47:30)

holocost
+1|6811|ireland,cork

sinir wrote:

kilroy0097 wrote:

sinir wrote:

You are right the LAV is nothing compared with the BH, but due to its speed i feel pretty evenly matched in one against a tank so long as we aren't out in the open.  After the initial volley I would find some cover, repair for several seconds (as the tanker is struggling to get into position to shoot you again) then pop out at full speed cannon and rockets blazing.  Move fast and you can be really tough to hit at close ranges.
hey man you got a nice k/d ratio you must be good at the game to have one like that cos even the top guys in the world dont have   k/d ratios like that
Sgt.Abyss
+2|6806

StateCop wrote:

The next thing you know if you are found on a server that plays 24/7 Karkand you will have your stats reset...lol
What are you talking about? The only servers you may have your stats reset is pistol and knife only...not 24/7 karkand lol
LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6832
Nah...don't want to offend anyone but how sad is playing 24/7 Karkand only? That's what BF2s.com is good for...you can easily see HOW someone earned his/her points. I like the stat-system of BF2, but sometimes I think ranks and awards make players take a turn for the worse...
Rakasan
+7|6861|California, USA
Who brought this old thread back to life, lol.  Karkand is just a fun map, ppl like to play what is fun for them.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard