[FB]Eraser
Back in battle after 3-year break
+39|6738|Switzerland
Hi Guys

I had to re-setup my PC and off course, I've lost the driver (that was working very well) I had installed.

Does anyone have a suggestion, what driver ist best for the FX 5700? The newest version from Nvidia (93.71) does slow down the FPS massively.

Thanx in advance for your help.

Greetz
Eraser

Last edited by [FB]Eraser (2006-11-15 05:45:50)

Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6827|Nårvei

Google is your best friend
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
[FB]Eraser
+39|6738|Switzerland
But Google also talks a lot of shit! I've tried two different driver versions after suggestions I've found over google, and they didn't work very well...

Btw, thanx a lot for your competent advice, Varegg... ;-)
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6563|Doncaster, UK
Can you not remember what version you had installed before the format?

Who makes your graphics card?

EDIT: 'cause I can't type for shit!

Last edited by DoctorFruitloop (2006-11-15 06:33:08)

Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6640|Camp XRay

how bout just buying a new graphics card, that thing has to be atleast 3 to four yrs old.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6783|UK
Hey! i had one of them too, till it broke... then i got another cheapo one radeon 9550 that has served me well and plays every game i have bought yet, new graphics cards are a waste of money.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6563|Doncaster, UK

Vilham wrote:

Hey! i had one of them too, till it broke... then i got another cheapo one radeon 9550 that has served me well and plays every game i have bought yet, new graphics cards are a waste of money.
I had one of them, granted it plays BF, but it doesn't play it very well.
Marlboroman82
+1,022|6640|Camp XRay

Vilham wrote:

psssh don't listen to him, beg barrow steal do what it takes. start giving bjs on the corner for 5 bucks a pop. trust me the money adds up quickly.
t2krambo
Banned
+99|6545|Panama

Marlboroman82 wrote:

how bout just buying a new graphics card, that thing has to be atleast 3 to four yrs old.
Why would you, It works well..

Who has an FX5700?
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6563|Doncaster, UK
No disrespect, but I thought my 9550 worked well until I upgraded, now I know it worked, that's about it.

@[FB]Eraser, I'd have to agree with Marlboroman here, a much better card than that can be had now for not a lot of money. I'd buy one, you won't regret it.
doc. josh
+48|6562
u need an 8800GTS/x
The Stillhouse Kid
Licensed Televulcanologist
+126|6659|Deep In The South Of Texas
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6783|UK

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

No disrespect, but I thought my 9550 worked well until I upgraded, now I know it worked, that's about it.

@[FB]Eraser, I'd have to agree with Marlboroman here, a much better card than that can be had now for not a lot of money. I'd buy one, you won't regret it.
I can put my games all on full with this laptops, Geforce 7900 GS but what the hell is the point? It just slows your gameplay down and gets to a point between medium and high where there is no difference whatsoever.
Dieselboy
Flicker of beans since 1986
+87|6567|Reading, Basingrad
7600gt ftw
You can pick one up for under £100 and you won't regret the outlay.
I have one in my 2nd machine and it's fantastic.

What spec is your pc by the way?
Marlboroman82
+1,022|6640|Camp XRay

i have a fx5700 it came with a dell i bought in 03 i think. either way its time to upgrade, i know you think its fine, but trust me now is as good a time as any to think about upgrading. nvidia's new cards have just been released lowering the price of all the other cards in their arsenal. also ati just released their new high end cards as well. take a look around and if you need some help finding a good card for cheap just ask one of us on here.
[FB]Eraser
+39|6738|Switzerland

The Stillhouse Kid wrote:

Try these:

Forceware 84.56

At first, special thanks for you, because you're the only one, who has answered my question.

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

Can you not remember what version you had installed before the format?

Who makes your graphics card?

EDIT: 'cause I can't type for shit!
If I could remember, I hav'nt to ask! The manufacturer is ASUS, but I actually can't remember Model Type.

To all others:

This is my secondary PC, located at my office, just for having fun over the lunch time. At home, I have a X700PRO Card with 256MB, that's working very nice with BF2. For the one in my office, I'm not willing to spend lots of money. Off course, I will change the card in a while, because for newer games it's a bit shitty. But at the moment, I just need some driver advice.

Anyway, thanx to all for your comments and hints
Eraser

Last edited by [FB]Eraser (2006-11-17 07:43:57)

kn0ckahh
+98|6756|netherlands, sweet lake city
i have the same card with far to old drivers, so thx @ stillhouse kid cause my drivers really needed an update
Jasp
Bongabilla
+171|6679|The Outer Circle
i got a 5200FX ... when i updated the drivers to summat like 9x.xx or whatever .. cant remember now!

...but it fecked my FPS right down.. even though it was low anyway! and i couldnt change the desktop res to no more than 640x480!
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/11882/holteendersig2.jpghttps://forums.bf2s.com/img/avatars/11508.gif

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard