Maj.Do
+85|6764|good old CA
Alright first off is Prologic 2 Movie mode the same as Prologic 2 Cinema?  Should i use the cinema mode when im watching TV to get  5.1 Channel sound? 

2nd:  First off, i have coxial audio cables connecting from my TW digital cable box to my hdtv, then  another set of coxial cables connected from my TVs audio output to my Samsung HT-Q45 Dvd player/reciever.        When i watch movies i dont really feel like im listening to 5.1 sound? : (  Ive read somewhere that i should enable DPL 2 but wheni do theres different modes like music, cinema, Matrix and etc.  the article i read said that Movie mode is the best but my Dvdplayer/ reciever doesnt have a movie mode.  So is Cinema the same thing?

3rd: Should the rear speakers be facing each other? And where should i place the subwoofer? 

Thanks!
Smaug
This space for rent
+117|6589|Arlen, Texas
not sure about amp, but rear speakers should face you(find that sweet spot) and sub can go anywhere(subsonics go in all directions, high freqs. travel straight, more or less.

try a dvd that has THX on it, usually has a speaker test in there somewhere.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6562|UK

Prologic 2 Movie mode is practically the  same as Prologic 2 Cinema yes.

Prologic 2 doesnt give the 5.1 of Dolby Digital or Dts, soooo that would explain why it doesnt feel/sound the same.

Matrix/neo blah blah, take a source and attempt to out put it in certain ways, its not true 5.1 either.

Rear speakers should be facing the centre, preferably your viewin chair is in the middle, but for most of us we dont have that option, so just have them facing the centre.  Like Smaug said sub can go anywhere atall, really does not matter atall.

Finially, just make sure you have set it all up properly mate, I had mine set up just as it came out the box and was fine with it, not untill I actually messed about with settings etc did it make the HUGE difference it now does.  Your rear speakers btw should be set to a higher DB than the front and centre.  Just find what suites you

Martyn
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6407|The Gem Saloon
my reciever has a setup mic....does yours? if so use it. if not, check your wiring. then check it again, then turn on something loud and listen to each individual speaker....and remember you wont get TRUE 5.1 from the TV....even if it is HD.....anyway most of the time i find its my fault, and not pioneers or klipschs
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6401|New York
not sure if this is any sort of help, but wouldn't optical audio cable help? i know it's good with 5.1, but i'm not sure if it's applicable to you or not. just brainstorming here.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6613|132 and Bush

If you can adjust the volume on your rear speakers individually turn them up. That almost always certainly helps. It is usually recommened that subwoofers are placed in the corners of rooms also.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6562|UK

Kmarion wrote:

If you can adjust the volume on your rear speakers individually turn them up. That almost always certainly helps. It is usually recommened that subwoofers are placed in the corners of rooms also.
Ahh ha that reminds me, try never to put actual speakers in corners either (subs are fine) but not your front and rear left/right speakers.  Try and keep them on the flat wall if possible, tbh I cant remember why exactly lol but a buddy of mine install's these systems for a living and he stressed that to me as much as he could.  Fronts are meant to be close to the tv as possible, but I have mine wide appart because I like the space for sound to go left to right.

Martyn
Maj.Do
+85|6764|good old CA
hmmm thanks for the responses guys, i definately try the back speakers , higher DB
Smaug
This space for rent
+117|6589|Arlen, Texas
lehter
+4|6461
The position of the subwoofer DOES matter.

The reason is reflections from the walls. You will get spots in the room, where the sound waves cancels each other out, basically resulting in no low frequency sounds at all. Sucks, if you happen to be sitting in one of those spots. Also, you get spots where low frequencies get amplified because the waves are summing.

Put a source with lots of very low sounds playing (music, or a movie with heavy sound effects like LotR). Place your sub where your head is when you normally listen. Then move your head around in the room (walking around helps ), and find the spot where the low frequencies sound the best. That'll be the spot where you want to place your sub.

How do I know? This happens in my living room in an annoying way. I had real trouble to find the right spot for my sub. In the default positions of the sub, the acustics (shape of the space) resulted in practically no low frequency sounds at the listening spot, no matter how high I cranked my sub's volume. Move a bit away (like bit down the corridor - I've no door there, it's one open space all the way to kitchen), and I'd get huge sounds.

HTH,
Lehter

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard