Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6616
I just got BF2412 last night. So far I've unlocked the frag grenades, the two sprint upgrades, and the defibrillator. I'm thinking about going down the recon tree for the Lambert. My question is how effective is the optical camouflage? Does it make you a flag capping machine? Also, how useful/effective is it in infantry combat? For example, is it easy to run around the thick gunfights in urban maps, kill a guy with my Lambert, then turn the camo back on and repeat? And finally, is it good enough to sneak up behind vehicles and plant C4?

If I've got the wrong idea entirely about the recon class please suggest another tree.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6490|Austin, Texas
It's pretty cool. If you're looking, you can definatley see them. However, while sneaking around, nobody will notice you. I have litterally collided with an enemy squad and they didn't realize I was there.

No, you can't run into the open with it on. You'll get shot up. However, you can stay over by the side, and own someone with the carbine, and then re-camo and wait for ambush.

Depends on the driver for vehicles. My very first game, I repeatedly trashed some guy using camo to try and C4 my walker. I just sat there like wtf... do I look that stupid? If the vehicle is pre-occupied with killing soldiers, I doubt he will notice you though.
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6648|In You Endo- Stoke
Its eaasy to miss but with all the netbat upgrades it show you as a red circle when you would be running by.

Its ok i mainly use it when running from cover to cover you can't see easy form far away but easily noticable close up.
Fear_ofthe_Dark
+2|6358
I used it before, it is for what was listed above and some sweet knife kills.
coreinflames
+12|6614
It works good if you DONT MOVE

But when i see something running that looks like the Predator i get scured and start shooting at it like mad.

Seriously if you dont move with it on (in a half way decent location) the average human eye will pass right over you.
>LOD<Dougalachi
Teh_Complainer
+85|6525|An Hour North of Indy
get the assault voss unlock tree. much better for me. It has great accuracy and makes headshots easy.

Last edited by >LOD<Dougalachi (2006-11-14 16:41:36)

APortillo
+21|6483|California, USA
If you stay still (wile capping a silo) they wont notice you if they just run by, unless they know that someone is there and are looking for you.

It also depends on the other persons settings. I haven't messed around with my settings to much, but some make it easier to see than others.

Last edited by APortillo (2006-11-14 16:43:35)

Kanye North
randy
+80|6434

>LOD<Dougalachi wrote:

get the assault voss unlock tree. much better for me. It has great accuracy and makes headshots easy.
how u know headshots? its not like cs where it goes HEADSHOT! MULTIKILL HOLY SHIT SHIT SHIT lol

That kill message is from Unreal Tournament not CounterSuck..
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6590|Mhz

Given the masses of support whores in the game camo is all but useless as you just get highlighted on their HUD.. Go for the Baur or summin.
APortillo
+21|6483|California, USA

Kanye North wrote:

>LOD<Dougalachi wrote:

how u know headshots? its not like cs where it goes HEADSHOT! MULTIKILL HOLY SHIT SHIT SHIT lol
Because a headshot is an instant kill.
>LOD<Dougalachi
Teh_Complainer
+85|6525|An Hour North of Indy

APortillo wrote:

Kanye North wrote:

>LOD<Dougalachi wrote:

Because a headshot is an instant kill.
ty. i suppose they could be low on health some times. Seriously though, i frequently get 1-2 shot kills with that gun.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6448|Communist Republic of CA, USA
The Voss if for quitters.  Get the Baur.  The Rockets own.
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6616

Major.League.Infidel wrote:

I tried out all the unlocks against bots using the unlock mod. Niether the Voss nor the Baur seem much better than the stock rifles. And the whole Baur tree, for some reason, pisses me off. The rockets are ineffective and cumbersome to use, and the shotgun is pretty useless.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6611|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
you.. do know the Voss can attach the rockets too right?
APortillo
+21|6483|California, USA

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Major.League.Infidel wrote:

I tried out all the unlocks against bots using the unlock mod. Niether the Voss nor the Baur seem much better than the stock rifles. And the whole Baur tree, for some reason, pisses me off. The rockets are ineffective and cumbersome to use, and the shotgun is pretty useless.
Could you post the link to the Unlock Mod please?
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6448|Communist Republic of CA, USA

spawnofthemist wrote:

you.. do know the Voss can attach the rockets too right?
Yeah It's just everyone has/uses the Voss.  It's the next G36E...

The rockets are fine and very effective once you know how to use them, and the Shotgun has gotten me out of some tight situations.  To each his own however.  How well does the Camo work against the bots?
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

Yeah, I'm one off getting the Baur - used it before and as a field upgrade. Not the best. It has high recoil and the 'breathing' makes it too difficult to shoot decently at mid-long range. One unlock off getting the baur and I'm working on the Voss tree instead.

The rockets are only good in certain situations, like clearing the upper walkway thingies o the Titan. However an adequate grenade thrower can o the same thing with less effort so I dunno... Shotgun isn't bad if you want to sneak up on someone and shoot them in the back of the head, but otherwise it's pretty shitty.

Active camo, and the whole Lambert tree is in general a good unlock tree. Active camo allows you to get into perfect positions fo ambushes, or make an easier getaway, (if yu want to run away that's fine, but runnng away with active camo on makes it a lot harder to hit you, especially at mid/long range. That being said a sharp eyed or intelligent marksman will be able to shoot you, but I have found surprisingly few of them. Active camo is also good to make you less conspicuous. Whe moving in a squad through dangerous areas, turn it on at times so the enemy will go for the un-camoflaged guys first, or at least concentrate on them more.
Active camo for Snipers, (as you won't have the Lambert unlocked yet,) is only decent for getting to and from Sniping spots, or for the more recklass Sniper, moving up and getting close enough to have a shot at a few knife kills.

I endorce active camo anyways. Have fun Fancy, if it dosn't float your boat then just wait until the next unlock, which in 2142 is never far away.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Mouse315
Bash.org Junkie
+105|6490
I use the camo to make me feel better when running around, its not particularly effective, but worthwhile for the lambert.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6504|Edmonton Alberta
active camo is alright it sint the best but the lambert is a very sweet gun
lambert+rdx+apm's= awesome for titan defense
Magius5.0
+106|6351|UMass Amherst
Bottom line is, optic camoflage only decreases the chance of you being seen; observant players will see you a lot as well as support classes with the helmet NetBat unlock.  In the thick of combat, with them firing at other guys they will be a lot less likely to notice you; that's a good time to run behind them and then finish them off.  Same with vehicles, going in solo and someone will notice you; go as a group and they'll concentrate on the most obvious targets first.
Janja
Jiggaboo Jones
+11|6352|FLOOR E DUH
they need to make statpadding class.
you know a rifle that shoots points! like pewpew lazers pew
point grenade that has points made of sharpnel impedded in it.
stab somebody with your knife and give them a statpadding orgasM!!!
i think everybody +infinity would play it.
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6616
I suppose I'll just continue down the medic tree and get the Voss then.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6611|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Clark Shotgun.
Support Right tier.
Now.
NuShadow
Captain Fantastic
+24|6452|woodbridge, VA

spawnofthemist wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Clark Shotgun.
Support Right tier.
Now.
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6616

spawnofthemist wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Clark Shotgun.
Support Right tier.
Now.
Seemed fairly powerful when I tried it against bots. Killed everything in 2 shots. The only problem is you get owned in long range encounters. On the plus side, you can spam grenades with the adv ammo hub.

Got it narrowed down to the Voss or Clark.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard