CackNBallz
+45|6767|Toronto, Canada
I don't think anything needs to be nerfed at the moment.  The game is balanced, I think that most of the whiners and complainers are players that don't adapt or don't use proper cover when they are moving around.

Most of the people I fight against are Point A to Point B players.  OH WAIT AN ENEMY! SHOOT! I, on the other hand check to see if any other enemies are in my vicinity, especially because I don't them taking my dogtags if at all possible.  Also, if possible, wait until they are moving away from cover before shooting.  If they survive that, they will be pinned down behind cover, use rockets or grenades to either kill him or force him out of there.

This game is balanced because for every tactic that is used, you can counter it with another one. And everything can be overcome with teamwork.  If the Titan is impenetrable, take your squad to the ground and take silos to destroy their Titan.  Let the defenders twiddle their thumbs waiting for you. They will either come down after you or you will have all the silos to yourselves uncontested.  When they come down, you can either be the defender and return the favour or go back up and get more consoles when it is less defended.

Most of the Titan rounds I play is that once the shields are about to fail I get an APC or transport and get over to the Titan and blow the first 2 or 3 consoles.  By that time the enemy will get back and start defending fiercely. If I am unsuccessful 4 times in a row. I return to the ground to get more silos, most of the time the enemy will remain on the Titan more concerned with their score than winning. I like winning more than getting massive points.

Be a random route player, get behind cover, and sprint to the next covered area.  I get behind enemy lines frequently because of this. And now with my newfound knowledge of getting past a million APMs by simply moving while crouching, I will now be even more effective.

In regards to the Accipiter, you or your squad NEED to spot the enemy for the thing to shoot.  If you don't then it is just a big target over your head saying "HEY! I'm a squad leader!" People tend to notice differences in patterns, and you stick out like a sore thumb with that thing over your head.  Might as well spot some mofos out.  I have seen people use it with some success.  They spot the guy and then take cover behind a concrete barrier or their support shield.  The Accipter will then start shooting the enemy while you are relatively safe behind cover.

Tonight I am going to unlock it using a field upgrade after deploying a hidden beacon to see if it does me any good.

DICE/EA gave a lot of variety with less kits.  Similar vehicles but different functionalities, like the hover tank and the conventional tracked tank.  Different main weapons on the walker with the pulse cannons and the miniguns.  The revolver and the pistol.  The 4-rocket AV weapon versus the single-rocket AV weapon.  Each has its benefits and shortcomings.  It is very well balanced in my opinion.
Dex Luther
+32|6462|Canukastan

Smoke_Deez wrote:

Keep it as is, nothing needs a nerf.
Except the support kit. When you're in a 32 man titan server and the entire other team is support with sentry guns it's a signal that the kit is a little unbalanced. Try assaulting the titan where there are 16 sentry guns and 16 MG's shooting at you. That 32 guns. Double your team's fire power. Fair? I think not.

One or two sentry's are easy to deal with, but when the other team is split in two and covering the two hallways it's impossible to do anything. Not to mention the lag that it causes. They didn't even have medics. There was no need for them it was impossible to even poke your head around the corner to try to take a shot. Then we gave up and went to cap silos forcing the other team to leave the titan and defend the silos, but it wasn't a problem they had an entire team (16 "people") guarding their titan.

Needless to say that round was crap and not many people stayed in the server.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6619|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

spawnofthemist wrote:

PoP wrote:

Nothing should be nerfed, leave it as it fucking is!
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6644|Mhz

zomg-Muffy wrote:

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

And the point of this thread is? DICE/EA has already announced they will not be making ANY changes to the balance or gameplay until all the bugs are gone. So basically never.
The point of this thread wasn't to get DICE / EA to change anything, the point of this thread was to get a general consensus and opinion about certain imbalances in the game.

Stop being so jaded, and just give an opinion.
Ok I will.

Anyone who wants anything lowered in effectiveness because it kills them too fast or wants something increased in effectiveness because they cant kill enough people with it deserves no right to an opinion.

Leave the game alone.
l41e
+677|6672

haffeysucks wrote:

zomg-Muffy wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

i think the PAC pistol is too weak ... EU seems fine.
bah, I love the PAC pistol over the EU pistol.  More bullets, faster firing, and when you zoom in, one shot doesn't make you lose the target (the EU pistol's recoil makes the gun cover up what you're aiming at ><)
Which one has the little orange tinted ironsight?  That one seems good.  The revolver-like one is crap.  I hope when we are in the 22nd century, our weapons manufacturers don't make peashooters like those.
It's the PAC one with the little plastic sight-thing, although it's green for me...
Zefar
+116|6673|Sweden

Ridir wrote:

zeller-h advanced sniper rifle makes quick work of them, as well as rdx and apm's.  This is actually a very well balanced game. No semi auto sniper rifles, no one shot n00b tubes, armor is reduced, walkers are in limited numbers, air isn't all powerful. The pistols are nice as is, and the unlock method provides for a better gameplay IMO.  So shut up with the nerf talk please.
Oh so snipers can get rid of them. Hmmm sadly almost no one cares about them. >.>

Anyway now one of those mines took away 24+ damage on my Walker so they varies A LOT. But this time I was in a EU walker and if the PAC walker take way more damage from those small balls of death something should be changed about it.
CackNBallz
+45|6767|Toronto, Canada
It seems that I take less to no damage from those Bowling balls when I put my active defence shield.  I think it either blocks it or slows it down if you time it right.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6669|Ohio
i think the baur needs an accuracy boost. With 20 shots, you should be able to hit the enemy at least 8 times per clip, 15 on single, but now the single shot even sucks. come on!
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6780|United States of America

spawnofthemist wrote:

PoP wrote:

zomg-Muffy
+3|6418

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

i think the baur needs an accuracy boost. With 20 shots, you should be able to hit the enemy at least 8 times per clip, 15 on single, but now the single shot even sucks. come on!
hrrmm... no it doesn't...
Baur FTW
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6780|United States of America

zomg-Muffy wrote:

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

hrrmm... no it doesn't...
Baur FTW
yet you want the krylov nerfed

Last edited by Miller (2006-11-14 13:07:29)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6798|Noizyland

spawnofthemist wrote:

PoP wrote:

Yes indeed. Get used to it, there will always be those who think things should be changed and if things keep getting 'nerfed' or upgraded nothing will stay the same so no-one will be able to get used to it so then we'll get people on here complaining about the newest PKM or L96A1 and calling other people 'n00bs' for using specific weapons deemed to be 'too good' and I might remind you that we have already gone over this whole fiasco with BF2 and I do NOT want to go over it again.

[inhale]

Full stops suck.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
DestinedTConquer
[sec8] Member
+12|6679|Netherlands
^ like they said before ^

Don't change the fking gameplay again as they did in bf2!!

just get used to it...
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6680|UK

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

And the point of this thread is? DICE/EA has already announced they will not be making ANY changes to the balance or gameplay until all the bugs are gone. So basically never.
HAHA that made me lol then i saw what ya quate was under your name
Disabl3d
+11|6429|Chicago

Miller wrote:

spawnofthemist wrote:

PoP wrote:

gene_pool
Banned
+519|6645|Gold coast, Aus.

Tagmaestro wrote:

The orbital strikes need to be more potent.
noo....Bad.....

Arty is good at killing vehicles just like it should. It is good as it is.
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6505|Purdue

spawnofthemist wrote:

PoP wrote:

I disagree. I think one and only one thing should be nerfed. AA emp. I fucking HATE it.
CmdrTenchi
Sniper / End-Runner / Wedge
+5|6754|Behind your front lines...
The best players adapt... whining about too accurate machine-guns or making something more powerful isn't going to change the experience. 

How to beat 12 sentries guarding 2 hallways?  EMP Grenades maybe?  Or possible intelligent assault.  People will adapt beyond these tactics... they always do.  Isn't insanity trying to do the same thing over and over, the same way, and expect different results?

Just my more-than-2-cents.
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6505|Purdue

CmdrTenchi wrote:

The best players adapt... whining about too accurate machine-guns or making something more powerful isn't going to change the experience.
1 thing I really hate is when I'm trying to crawl past a claymore and some noob looks at me, and runs right into the f'ing claymore.

Last edited by Goven (2006-11-14 14:37:49)

spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6666|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

Goven wrote:

spawnofthemist wrote:

PoP wrote:

I disagree. I think one and only one thing should be nerfed. AA emp. I fucking HATE it.

Goven wrote:

1 thing I really hate is when I'm trying to crawl past a claymore and some noob looks at me, and runs right into the f'ing claymore.
so which one is the only one you hate?

and:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/bpeacher/crymore.jpg
zomg-Muffy
+3|6418
Oh for christ's sake.  This forum is beyond hopeless.

Well at least I tried to make one semi-intelligent thread.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6666|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
beyond hopeless?

or just united in the view that nothing should be nerfed because, except for the titan lag + troop transport glitch, the game is better than BF2 ever was.
zomg-Muffy
+3|6418

spawnofthemist wrote:

beyond hopeless?

or just united in the view that nothing should be nerfed because, except for the titan lag + troop transport glitch, the game is better than BF2 ever was.
Beyond hopeless in the sense that no topic can stay ON topic without resorting to "YOUR OPINION IS WRONG AND MINE IS RIGHT" or people stating an opinion in a "I am the only one who is right" fashion.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6558|Edmonton Alberta
the only things that needs to be changed
support shouldnt fire accuratly while standing
+1 second on the fuse for the grenades
titan AA guns overheat (just so people dont constantly shoot them at enemy titans and lag everybody out)
ganz shold be tweaked as its useless as of right now

everything esle is very balanced so dont bitch adapt or go play counterstrike
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6840|Belgium

straz_mataz wrote:

the only things that needs to be changed
support shouldnt fire accuratly while standing
+1 second on the fuse for the grenades
titan AA guns overheat (just so people dont constantly shoot them at enemy titans and lag everybody out)
ganz shold be tweaked as its useless as of right now

everything esle is very balanced so dont bitch adapt or go play counterstrike
True..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard