Poll

Where should commanders set up UAV....

around the majority of soldiers26%26% - 20
where people are capturing flags72%72% - 55
where the commander sees some random enemies1%1% - 1
Total: 76
WaGoN_aTTacK
+1|6769
Commanders should place UAV around where the majority of the teammates are, so that more people can maximize its use.....UAV will have more potential to save lives that way ffs!!! IT'S CALLED OPTIMIZATION>>

I HATE commanders that place UAV around a flag for 2 to 3 soldiers....and when they die, it's practically useless and wasted.  All the while people depending on UAV are SOL!!!11 And teh UAV just sits there! GAWD YOU PEEPS R n00bS!!!!!11111one

So for those that command, keep this in mind if you want to be 1337 like mee and learn to help ur team win

sigh....

btw i'm a c4 sandwich artist
Ryan
+1,230|6845|Alberta, Canada

i always place UAV, see a bunch of men, drop arty on them, and by the time the arty drops ont he area, they have all dissapeared
RKF77
+1|6752

WaGoN_aTTacK wrote:

I HATE commanders that place UAV around a flag for 2 to 3 soldiers....and when they die, it's practically useless and wasted.  All the while people depending on UAV are SOL!!!11 And teh UAV just sits there! GAWD YOU PEEPS R n00bS!!!!!11111one
If I'm commanding, squads that are going after flags get the UAVs, especially if they request it.  Random players running around doing nothing to go after objectives get shit.

To put it in terms you'd obviously understand, while you're running around like a crackhead at the Hotel on Karkand killing anything that moves, I'll give the UAV to the squad sneaking back to take the suburb or train accident every time.  You can fend for yourself.

omg wtf lol a/s/l aoler
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6756
Ratio is what matters. How many teamates are in an area & how many hostiles (depending on type) are in an area, then include where both sides are moving to. The worst use of a UAV is aways giving it to a single soldier capturing a flag behind enemy lines. Better to spot for them. Since if they are seen whether the UAV is there or not he will wither succeed without incident, die before neutralising the flag or Be killed when the flag goes white & everyone all attacks him. Its simple numbers, the more people, the more they need it, provided there are enough targets to make it worthwhile
pfcilng
+0|6768|Northern Illinois University
I rather support the two guys who are about to capture a flag, then the 20 guys who are able to look and spot for themselves.  The two guys have alot more to worry about, I do the same when  I am spotting as commander for those who are about to cap a flag.
WaGoN_aTTacK
+1|6769
OK you have a point,  lots of people chill @ hotel instead of capping flags...

but why not SPOT the enemies instead of using UAV....ur putting more soldiers @ risk when u place for few
Pizall
+0|6728|N.C.
Dude you dont have but 1909 commander points, you maybe ranked 1337 over all but you dont know anything about commanding. I have 8,588 and I have not played near as long as you. When your team is trying to take a flag and there are only 2 of them you but the uav up so they know if anyone is around to kill them so that your team can take a flag. Then once you have that flag then but uav back on main action. That is the whole point to campture flags and eliminate you enemy from having anywhere to spawn from. GAME OVER!
BlueScreen
I am the pwnage! Bitches!
+5|6740|Finland
Agree... Commander can SPOT that 2 or 3 guys and place UAV to where that majority of team is. But it looks like most of Commanders just don't spot ANYTHING, like when there's only 1 or 2 enemy(s) left most of commanders wait that UAV is ready and then they place it over one guy and then they wait another UAV and place that over another enemy... They just can't understand that they have also that spot button in use if they want so ffs. And if some one is requesting UAV DO NOT accept it before you are sure that there's more than 2 guys... Again, you can SPOT those enemys so looks like you are not so good Commander RKF77 (It's just my opinion). And second thing is.. Why the hell most of Commanders are setting Artillery over 1st flag or some other flag where's many teammates trying to capture that flag. It's kinda impossible capture any flag if there's artillery at it. And most of Commanders are dropping suplys as soon as they are ready... Why they can't wait that there's some good place to set it (like for tank/APC or for group of own team).
RKF77
+1|6752

WaGoN_aTTacK wrote:

OK you have a point,  lots of people chill @ hotel instead of capping flags...

but why not SPOT the enemies instead of using UAV....ur putting more soldiers @ risk when u place for few
Because a squad capturing a flag needs it more.  That's the simple answer.

My UAV is not there to help you find someone to kill, it's there to help fulfill game objectives.  If I have a squad moving back to take a back spawn, especially the main enemy base, they're going to get the UAV because at any time, anyone can spawn there and try to prevent them from taking it.  If they have a UAV above them, they can see what's going on around them in real-time and react accordingly.  I may not always have a scan available for them.  I will not leave a squad hung out to dry while they're trying to cap a flag if I can help it.

On Karkand, the Hotel is nothing but a bass-ackwards clusterfuck from the word "go".  Half the teams are running around like headless chickens noobtoobing or C4 frisbeeing each other.  Putting the UAV there won't do shit...the fight there is too dynamic and too disjointed in too small a space for a UAV to be taken away from squads trying to achieve an objective.

Now, if nobody heading for a spawn, sure, I'll put it up over the biggest concetration of troops.
RKF77
+1|6752

BlueScreen wrote:

Again, you can SPOT those enemys so looks like you are not so good Commander RKF77 (It's just my opinion).
Opinion noted and ignored.
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6790|England
I will not place a UAV for the idiots running around like headless chickens. i will use the commander assets to assist the few people who are actually working at winning the round by going for the other flags and hope that others see what I have done and are drawn to that area.
Pizall
+0|6728|N.C.
Words well spoken RKF77! Amen brother or sister which ever you are.
Pizall
+0|6728|N.C.
It is now known that Wagon attack knows how not to be a usful commander. FACT.
WaGoN_aTTacK
+1|6769
lolz

the n00bs r the ones that need UAV the most, right?  even more of a reason to put it where more are using it...

furthermore, if a squad is experienced, they will cap the flag regardless of UAV..otherwise, they will learn how eventually, or a commander can assist by spotting hostile enemy.  (simple: lols keep squad leader safe and spawn on him??)

besides, a flag pt will usually go back and forth IAR...whereas deaths keep adding up. 

keep punishing the mass silly gooses!  :p
Pizall
+0|6728|N.C.
Again in one ear and out the other, YOU know nothing of what you are takling about. Wagon wheel, I hanka for a hunka cheese. LOL DEE DEE DEE.
Pizall
+0|6728|N.C.
You must be a really BIG NOOB because you are the one that needs that UAV so bad, since you just said that the noobs need it the most.
WaGoN_aTTacK
+1|6769
:s

are you serious?!?!??

hahahaha   

thx 4 teh laffs pizz
Pizall
+0|6728|N.C.
Hell I am lmao at you, you just said the the noobs need it more and you are the one saying you need it to be over a mass of dumbass not knowing what the fuck they are doing rather then going out and taking a flag.
NJG HukaMaster
+1|6776
Dont knock Wagon because he only has a few commander pionts. Why you ask? Because the 10% he commanded wasn't in the 90% he drove his tank!  I respect those who drive around alot, afterall it is fun to do, and does help the stats. Wagon please tell me you dont TK for the Tanks do you? Oh well to each his own.  Have a good night.

Thanks,
The Huka
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6790|England
hes only played 12 hours as commander...
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6707|Antarctica
Depends who needs it most and how much they are helping the team.  What I do, is if a SL requests a UAV and there are only a few enemies around, ill just spot them and put the UAV in a more useful spot, so it makes everyone happy
shaggyp
+1|6725|Florida
i gotta go with rkf77 on this one.  i'd rather give the uav to the guys capping flags.  that's really the whole point isn't it?  i guess if all i was looking for was the highest point total for myself i would just put it where most of my guys were.  but then again, that many guys can fend for themselves.  those two dudes capping a flag deep in need all the heads up they can get.  and really... what's better than having another spawn point behind the lines to start another front to wreak havoc from?  anyway, flag cappers get my vote.
WaGoN_aTTacK
+1|6769
ok, respect to everyone's opinions...

but what happens when those couple of soldiers die?  i must reiterate that it sits there completely useless. 

was it worth it?  well..in terms of optimizing other options such as SCANS and SPOTTING and ARTY, prolly not? 

the consequence of deploying UAV inefficiently? the lives of your fellow brothers in arms in  the main assault of the entire offensive or in the walls of the defensive stronghold.
chitlin
Banned
+36|6764
sweet you play karkand 400 / 500 hours and c4 is your number one weapon ? so youre on of those guys ... youre gona hate the patch ....

i duno why in that opening video dice used the c4 against a vehicle and didint use the instant detonate c4 nade glitch .. i mean cmon thats how they inteneded it right ?

you must be easily amused...
WaGoN_aTTacK
+1|6769
WTFOMGBBQ

don't hate chitlin cause u still haven't developed skillz yet...there's a definite learning curve lolz

yes, i am amused easily, otherwise i wouldn't be pwning u newbs everydayz lmao. 

zomg!  trust me i will pwn teh new patch!!!

THIS JUST IN: chitlin wants a new worse 3n3my j/k )

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard