Doktorbob
+26|6504
A friend that plays BF2142 told me about this when I first said no thanks to BF2142.

http://www.totalbf2142.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8061
http://www.totalbf2142.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5342
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6494|Communist Republic of CA, USA
I still haven't seen any ads... (Excluding the EU/PAC Recruiting Ones)

Last edited by Major.League.Infidel (2006-11-13 16:58:34)

Doktorbob
+26|6504
I saw Intel this weekend.
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6497|Purdue

Major.League.Infidel wrote:

I still haven't seen any ads... (Excluding the EU/PAC Recruiting Ones)
Speaking of which, I don't even see those anymore.
d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6701|Hell's prison
I saw one, it looked like an old school computer logo, I wish I had gotten a screenie of it.  May have actually been nothing, it was too "plain" to be an advertisement.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6672|UK
i saw an ad for patch 22.1 well its is the future, na serious i did see one for the Intel
Chuckskull
+3|6392
Yeah most of Europe(if not all) is still getting test ads. I quite liked one I saw the other day "you'll love berlin in flames".

Unless stupidly or flashing I don't think they'll bother me, if so they'll be getting blocked.
AoWs-Avantek
+3|6428|New York
I saw all the bilboard and all I see is ER os something... So I havent seen Uncle Sam saying the army needs you or something...
Magius5.0
+106|6398|UMass Amherst
Meh, who cares about those ads.  Everyone blew them out of proportion a while ago, screaming 'zomigod spyware' when it isn't doing anything malicious.  It does not record your internet data.  There are ways to block it apparently, if you choose to do so, and if the feedback is negative, EA/Dice may remove them to save face.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6844|Australia
You may find that these adds give more support to the game.
They generate money for EA in which should (it would be stupid not to) be put back into the game. Kinda like WoW they use the income generated to add to the game.
Dex Luther
+32|6454|Canukastan

kontrolcrimson wrote:

They generate money for EA in which should (it would be stupid not to) be put back into the game. Kinda like WoW they use the income generated to add to the game.
Exactly, so disabling the ads means a lessened possibility of free expansion/booster packs.

Frankly, I'd rather have ads in game (ads that no one will even notice while they're playing BTW) than the alternative. Which probably would have been monthly fees.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6753

@Crimson,

Let's just hope they utilize that money for support, not for battlefield (4).
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6672|Brisbane, Australia

Dex Luther wrote:

kontrolcrimson wrote:

Exactly, so disabling the ads means a lessened possibility of free expansion/booster packs.

Frankly, I'd rather have ads in game (ads that no one will even notice while they're playing BTW) than the alternative. Which probably would have been monthly fees.
Monthly fee's on a game where servers are paid for by others?

Bullfuckingshit. That game would burn into the ground on day one.
Dex Luther
+32|6454|Canukastan

Sarrk wrote:

Dex Luther wrote:

kontrolcrimson wrote:

Monthly fee's on a game where servers are paid for by others?

Bullfuckingshit. That game would burn into the ground on day one.
The servers are paid for by others, but where do you think your stats/character info is stored? EA servers. It probably wouldn't have been a huge fee though.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6672|Brisbane, Australia

I know about the stat info, but the reason ranked servers cost more is because that extra bit pays for the server too.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6732

Sarrk wrote:

I know about the stat info, but the reason ranked servers cost more is because that extra bit pays for the server too.
Exactly. Lot's of people are failing to understand why paying monthly fee won't work on 2142.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Disabl3d
+11|6421|Chicago

Dex Luther wrote:

kontrolcrimson wrote:

Lol, free expansion, that'll be the day.
AoWs-Avantek
+3|6428|New York
Whats wrong with adds they have been in games for a long time only not in FPS look at all have some adds the EA sports games and all the games that have to do with sports, NFS had singular adds no one cried about it....

Last edited by AoWs-Avantek (2006-11-14 03:47:56)

Rubix-Cubes
+123|6672|UK
erm just a note wtf has uncle same got to do with the EU, not sure what the pac is....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard