Dalian More
+0|6399
I play recon normally and recently i have been favouring the PARK/MORRETTI over the ZELLER unlock due to:

-More bullets

Thats it. If i miss a headshot or body shot with the zeller im thinking about ammo where as park/moretti i dont have to think so much and will usually kill 2/3 other players if not more.

I was just wondering what other recon players are feeling, i am aware the zeller is more powerful and will drop a player without heavy body armour but i am yet to experience a one shot kill in the body on a recently spawned player (suggesting everyone wears full armour).

Thanks

Dalian
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6775|EUR
I agree -

- Both 1 hit in the head
- Both 2 hits anywhere else

- Basic has more bullets.
- Zeller has a tiny tinted orange scope. (Why?!)

Last edited by MuseSeeker (2006-11-13 15:05:14)

00joe
+16|6647|UK
I never use my Zeller. Holds no advantage for me over the defaults.

A headshot is a headshot, only with the Zeller you get 3 before having to reload.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6749|Mark it zero.
same thing with me. barely anyone ever wears light armor since they got the sprint unlocks. back when the game came out it always owned because people wouldnt wear armor so they could run more. so now i always use the basic ones.
Invaderzim
Chicken wing?
+49|6448|Newcastle NSW Australia

MuseSeeker wrote:

Zeller has a tiny tinted orange scope. (Why?!)
You can actualy see people alot better in the snowy maps, in the desert maps it makes it kinda hard.

Last edited by Invaderzim (2006-11-13 15:08:22)

Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6762|Internet!
I like the Zeller more for some reason, but it's virtually useless on Tunis Harbor...
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6657|Devil's Perch
Damn, I used my last 2 unlocks on the left recon branch (after APM) to get the zeller with my next unlock. Should probably have gotten the Ganz and Anti-Air-gun instead...
I thought that rifle could get a non-sniper like me into sniping.
Proud member of a dead community.
spon
+2|6844|San Jose, CA
I haven't done recon. but I know my friend hates all you guys for sniping him down constantly.

I usually laugh... until the 5,6,7,8,9,19th time you kill him and he's SCREAMING in his mic and out my headset.

Can you guys lay off of him?
dont_be_ss
+312|6594|selby, n. yorkshire, UK
I actually hate the Zeller, but i don't want to switch back now Ive got about 2500 kills with it now.

Anybody noticed how much bullet drop there is?
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6645|Malibu
Zeller scope will look different according to your graphics level that you set for the game. Therefore, those users who play at lower settings cannot get the full advantage of Zeller (whether you have the capacity to play at higher specs but thinking playing at lower ones to gain advantage, or just don't have the capacity in the comp to play at higher settings). Zeller scope looks clear  with only outer rim being tinted red.

Also, Zeller does a lot more damage to armored/unarmored (unarmored = 1 shot kill) targets meaning that there are plenty of chances where the target will be damaged slightly from something and you can finish them off much faster than the standard rifles.

I do agree that it has low magazine volume capacity which forces the user to be more accurate with those shots being placed. However, judging from that Zeller has same accuracy as other sniper rifles, if Zeller had the same magazine capacity, it would be overpowering.
power9787
+10|6582
zeller is pretty good, but maybe the default is better since everyone wears heavy armor
i use the zeller when get the chance and plus i use more than the other since it's cool and have it unlocked at friend's account
dontfeedthenerd
+38|6547
I use the Zeller for a couple of reasons:

I often hop in and gun for my friend when he's in the walker or tank. I can hop out and blast those damn motion sensing mines for him.

One body hit with the Zeller leaves them with a bit less health which means when I whip out my pistol it takes less shots to kill them.

You ever RDX a walker or a tank only to get run over? Zeller lets you hunt down that mother fucker and detonate the RDX with a few well placed shots.

Titan defense becomes easier with the Zeller, lay down a couple of RDX, you now have the ability to detonate them one at a time. Often, if there's any semblance of teamwork going on, an attacking force will send in a couple of canaries before sending in the assult guys to lay down fire and revive. So my APM catches the first canary.  My second APM catches the second canary, and then I proceed to snipe the RDX as the rest of the squad comes running through.
Magius5.0
+106|6382|UMass Amherst
Bullet for bullet, you're better off with the basic sniper rifles, for a number of reasons.
1.  Max bullets in reserve for basic = 5 bullets/clip * 7 total clips = 35 bullets, vs 30 for the Zeller.
2.  Magazine capacity ensures Zeller users get max, 3 kills before reloading; realistically given the average sniper, maybe one kill.  You'll probably get two or three without reloading for the basics, if you're decent, or five kills if you are a headshot master.
3.  Seems like the reload time on the Zeller is a bit slower than the basics.
4.  Everyone wears the heavy body armor; in the hundreds of games I've played, maybe 1% actually have light body armor, therefore the one-hit-kill against Light body armor for the Zeller is pointless.
5.  Field of view with the zeller is restrictive (very small scope) versus the basic rifles; you may not see an enemy you could otherwise see just off to your left/right with the basics.  Also, trippy scope tint makes sniping on some maps a royal pain in the ass, as others have said.

95% of the time, I'll go with the basic rifles; headshots are headshots, you'll get more kills with basics...and I love to see their skulls explode on impact.  Speaking of which, why the f**k would a medic try to revive a guy who's missing their head?  (READ: make unrecoverable deaths from sniper headshots, no critically wounded bullshit, so that your sniping actually makes a big difference).  Now, if you read my article (see below) you'll see one extremely useful aspect of the Zeller, the detonation of certain wonderful explosives; odds are, you won't get to do this often though if you plan on killing vehicles in this way.
Fireteam_Delta
+20|6434
cant stand zeller's red scope. On suez canal its so hard to see, its like staring into a piece of orange paper
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6620|Mhz

Zeller is a crock of shite, tiny scope, fewer bullets per clip and no real difference in damage. Distinctly unimpressive.

@AmbassadorofPain

I wouldn't bother with the Ganz mate it's pretty awful (I think it is anyway as do most people. But some people love it), at least get it as a field upgrade and test it before wasting an unlock on it and finding you hate it.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

I use my Zeller when assaulting or defending the Titan because it can get rid of enemy explosives, and also because it looks cooler than the core guns. The fact that it looks like it can do some serious damage outweighs the fact that it can't.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
CackNBallz
+45|6743|Toronto, Canada
I would like to pose a question for Zeller users.  Can you get a one shot kill if you hit unarmoured body parts? I know the head is a given, but what about the arms and legs?
a_fraudulent_miracle
+7|6716|MoVal, Southern California
The only advantage the zeller has is that it can destroy APMs, RDXs, and any variety of mines. However, if you have unlocked the Pilum, you would have gotten the defuser, which is one of the most important unlocks that you can get. The 3 bullet mag sucks a little... i find myself reloading a lot, especially in the heat of battle. I do however like the look and sound of the zeller... but that's about it.
greenhaven
+47|6466
I take it the Zeller is the M95 of BF2:Star Wars
Zukabazuka
+23|6685
BF2142
Doesn't have aliens
Doesn't have light sabers
Doesn't have Laser guns
Doesn't have Darth Vader
Doesn't have The force
Doesn't have a Jedi council
AND
WE ARE NOT IN SPACE SO SHUT UP ABOUT IT BEING STAR WARS
Stags
+26|6656
Zeller is nice.  I love it, best is knowing that the guy you hit will freak out anyways.  Personally, most of my targets are moving or I can't see their head.  So knowing that maybe I'll take them out in one shot is nice.  Partially because I'm a different sniper than most people having only three shots has helped me, I'm more careful than before.  When reloading I check my surroundings, or move.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6656|UK
i never wear armour
Janja
Jiggaboo Jones
+11|6382|FLOOR E DUH
i just use my good old pilum -havr
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6526|Singapore
the scope of the Zeller gives me cataract
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6656|Brisbane, Australia

AmbassadorofPain wrote:

Damn, I used my last 2 unlocks on the left recon branch (after APM) to get the zeller with my next unlock. Should probably have gotten the Ganz and Anti-Air-gun instead...
I thought that rifle could get a non-sniper like me into sniping.
Would've been a waste either way you spent them

Ganz is a piece of shit, and from what I hear, AA aint that great anyway, last time I used one, it wasnt lock on.

greenhaven wrote:

I take it the Zeller is the M95 of BF2:Star Wars
I take it that you can fit seven cocks up your ass.

Last edited by Sarrk (2006-11-14 00:28:54)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard