thefousteph
+8|6743
i saw a tread about the support gun being bad. I dlike to ear about the other guns you can unlock.

I've tried The Lambert carbine (9.5/10)

Lambert is a great auto gun that let the Spec Op in you have some fire fight fun!
It's precise at one shot mode and deadly on one on one full auto mode. I like it!

and Baur (8/10)

I'm a bit disapointed about the baur; it kick like hell making it difficult to use at long range. At close/mid  range it's powerfull though!

Tell me what you think about the unlockable weapon you have tried
Axon
Jet Whore
+107|6510
Voss L-ar

10/10

Just great accuracy when shooting in bursts
& good damage
thefousteph
+8|6743
I've been killed alot with that weapon!
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6705
Every gun has it's ups and downs, I like em all except the Ganz .
jsnipy
+3,276|6535|...

So far I like the Bauer the best ... ganz is ok .. probally work better if i club people with it
Brasso
+1,549|6643

Axon wrote:

Voss L-ar

10/10

Just great accuracy when shooting in bursts
& good damage
Extremely good weapon!

2) The Zeller-H, even though I can't use it because of scope problems (and the fact that I don't have it yet), I've picked it up and it seems to one-hit kill people.

Last edited by haffeysucks (2006-11-13 11:42:30)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
$kildatank123$
+4|6419|AtlAntIC oCeAn
DA Voss  is awesome
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6768|United States of America
Any and all.
Riddick51PB
+21|6521|Lincoln.ne.us
unlocking an assault rifle is a mistake.  the rifles provided for assault are fine.  you need to get the other good weapons, like in the support class.
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6670|Devil's Perch
Lambert, Voss, Pilum, Baur.
That's the order I'd unlock them in if I'd have to do it again. Don't care that much about the rest.
1.) Lambert is just great and perfectly rounds off the Titan attack/defend capabilites of RDX and APMs.
2.) assault rifles might differ, I might as well climb the branches parallel to have the AR-74 rockets and other stuff
3.) Pilum is an awesome weapon: powerful and the enemy does not get a "someone's aiming at you"-warning.
Proud member of a dead community.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6718|Antarctica
Lambert is the best unlock imo, but Krylov still owns
Tetn1s
+59|6654|Los Angeles
Clark 1/10 far range 10/10 close range(mostly one shot kill!)
Baur 7/10 far range 8/10 close
Voss 8/10 far range 9/10 close
Ganz (never used)
Zellar 10/10 far range 2/10 close
Lambert 9/10 far range 8/10 close
Mitchell SAW(never used)
Pilium slowest reload time,viehcles cant detect,non-controlable,most damaging
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6657|Malibu
Contrary to what people say about Voss being 10/10

The weapon is horrible at the distance. Its more like spray and pray weapon in close combat situation.
The gun itself is one of the high ranking weapons when it comes to the ease of use and it is no doubt a great weapon to unlock. However, there are way too much bias from people that it being the ultimate weapon in the game.

Pros
1: Large volume capacity. When you are in a close combat and need to spray those bullets, the enemy will run out of ammo faster than you (support weapons will overheat before you run out of ammo)
2: It is fairly accurate. However, try avoiding confronting enemies at a distance. The weapon is meant for close combat.
3: Ease of use. It is said that it has one of the easiest learning curve in the game just like the Lambert Carbine.

Cons
Distance is a killer of Voss. If similarly matched players are faced each other, one with Voss, and another with any other AR, Voss will be at a disadvantage due to its lack of DPS (Damage Per Shot). Sure you can burst fire this, but only few bullets will hit the target which won't matter that much to the other player. Besides this, the weapon is good in itself (disregarding the tree).

Also thefousteph, it seems that you are using the Baur at wrong mode in mid/close range. Baur is for those users who frequently change between Single/Auto mode. Baur has Sniper Rifle like accuracy when put on a single shot, and it has the highest DPS out of all the AR. This means that Baur IS the weapon of choice when it comes to a confrontation at a distance. On top of that, it seems that you are using Baur in close quarters as well and it seems that you are having success at it (I do use Baur more than Voss. I have all unlocks BTW). Therefore, if you learn how to use the Baur in single shot, you will be able to cover all grounds.
thefousteph
+8|6743

StormEye wrote:

...thefousteph, it seems that you are using the Baur at wrong mode in mid/close range. Baur is for those users who frequently change between Single/Auto mode. Baur has Sniper Rifle like accuracy when put on a single shot, and it has the highest DPS out of all the AR. This means that Baur IS the weapon of choice when it comes to a confrontation at a distance. On top of that, it seems that you are using Baur in close quarters as well and it seems that you are having success at it (I do use Baur more than Voss. I have all unlocks BTW). Therefore, if you learn how to use the Baur in single shot, you will be able to cover all grounds.
I'm not arguing about Baur's acuracy but it's kick after you shot; you have to re-aim, wich makes quick shots difficult to do. I know it's a powerfull weapon!

You have All unlock? can you tell me your impression of the Koenig H-AVR and the SAAW 86 Anti-Air?

Id like to hear about them!

**thanks for your comments!
BBradley
+1|6660|Savannah, GA
Does the PK-74 AR-Rocket Launcher work with both the Voss and the Baur?
INFERNO552
One shot wonder
+62|6452|canada
the clark shotgun is by far my favorite unlock. 10/10 for short range 7/10 for medium range, for long range just use pistol or nades. the revolver pistol works wonders for me
psH
Banned
+217|6396|Sydney
I unlocked the Lambert Carbine, and buddy, i got what i came for. In a head-on confrontation (you know, when somebody pops out randomly from a corner) it owns them! the rate of fire is amazing, less than the SMG's but still quite a bit, perfect for maps like Camp Gibraltar and Belgrade.

Not to mention using the AC (not air conditioning, active camo) on belgrade, the rain helps with masking the distortion.

The pilum isn't a dissapointment, its really good for engineer, the problem is that motion mines aren't in the tree which the pilum is in

I always get owned when up against a Voss L-AR. Its really annoying how powerful it is, i think it should be toned down in power actually, its frustrating when i see somebody first with the lambert, they turn around like a retard, then just spray away.
Im sure this has happened to others before.
Phatso
The Moisture
+49|6708|South Africa
Pilum is excellent for one shot armour kills (in the sweet spot)

Voss is very very leet. like very. like 12/10 leet.

Lambert must be the biggest disappointment for me. sure its fine when your target is unaware of your presence, but otherways imho it sucks.

I have made it a point tho to try pick up a zeller wherever i can... love that thing.
$kildatank123$
+4|6419|AtlAntIC oCeAn

BBradley wrote:

Does the PK-74 AR-Rocket Launcher work with both the Voss and the Baur?
yup
Janja
Jiggaboo Jones
+11|6394|FLOOR E DUH
clark. no doubt.
Angel.C-sq
+24|6701|Computer Chair
Voss all the way, Lambert doenst seem as strong as it could be but what else can a recon use?
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6401|New York
i agree with phatso about the lambert. i find it to be a little too ineffective at times. the engi's stock smg is way more useful, in my opinion.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6842|Denver colorado
baur is an awesome gun. Although I'm stuck using the clark (because I want to) I dont really use the rifles in till lately.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6458|The Land of Scott Walker
Baur is my favorite because it's more powerful - the G3 of 2142.  However, the Voss is better for defend a CP or silo - AK-101 of 2142.  Running out of ammo when a squad is attacking is an issue with the Baur at close range.  I actually like the Baur better than the Voss when I'm prone and trying to pick people off with single shot.  Awesome for flanking a squad that's running to a silo.
As far as the Ganz, I liked it when I picked it up off someone I killed.  But use it prone or you might as well give up.  People who like to use the other support guns as spray and pray weapons won't like the Ganz, but it's more powerful and more accurate when used correctly.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2006-11-17 10:02:27)

psH
Banned
+217|6396|Sydney
Yeah the voss reminds me of the F2000 from BF2

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard