THESAVAGE1
+6|6455
Basically, humans are an infestation and it's only a matter of time before an advanced civilization from another planet wipes us out in the name of 'sport'.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6550|Southeastern USA

Dec45 wrote:

People bullfighting hold great respect for that animal, and give it a chance to fight back. They also donate the meat to charity. Those two things alone are more then any hunter here can say..
spoken like someone that has :
A) never seen a 300 to 600 pound feral boar with 6 inch tusks
B) never had to interact with animals much in a "farm" type environment
C) never spent much time around hunters, we have and do donate meat

there is no need for bullfighting, i don't care how many people eat the damn thing, what purpose does it serve other than spectacle? if you want to kill something, you fucking kill it, you don't slap it around, lance it from a horse (the horses, which are blindfolded, are sometimes killed), sever it's neck muscles with crochet hooks, stab it with a sword, then sever it's spine with a dagger. you get a 4 pound sledge and a spike, or even simply slash it's throat (granted that takes a little longer than a hammer to the skull, but some people do eat the brain), either way it's over in less time than it takes to lance it at the start of the "match". the fact that it was done a few thousand years ago doesn't mean they shouldn't use the faster more modern methods when available.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!

kr@cker wrote:

don't read too much into that snipy, i'm not from new zealand
Shadovve
+10|6604|Columbus, OH

JOJOBA wrote:

i think they do that in spain too.  i believe they do that stuff often as well.
This Video is from Spain.  Barcelona is in Spain.

The Video says it's from April 16 2006 in Barcelona
Dec45
+12|6642

kr@cker wrote:

Dec45 wrote:

People bullfighting hold great respect for that animal, and give it a chance to fight back. They also donate the meat to charity. Those two things alone are more then any hunter here can say..
spoken like someone that has :
A) never seen a 300 to 600 pound feral boar with 6 inch tusks
C) never spent much time around hunters, we have and do donate meat

there is no need for bullfighting, i don't care how many people eat the damn thing, what purpose does it serve other than spectacle? if you want to kill something, you fucking kill it, you don't slap it around, lance it from a horse (the horses, which are blindfolded, are sometimes killed), sever it's neck muscles with crochet hooks, stab it with a sword, then sever it's spine with a dagger. you get a 4 pound sledge and a spike, or even simply slash it's throat (granted that takes a little longer than a hammer to the skull, but some people do eat the brain), either way it's over in less time than it takes to lance it at the start of the "match". the fact that it was done a few thousand years ago doesn't mean they shouldn't use the faster more modern methods when available.
I have seen wild boar, none of them happened to be 300-600 pounds. Regardless, as I've been implying, I'm not disrespecting the fact you kill those. But be real man... Siccing dogs on a boar, then stabbing it is completely unnecessary. As you so adequetely said, if you want to kill something, you fucking kill it. Don't play around with it, attacking it with dogs... Shoot it in the head. Right? That's a double standard you're presenting. Just as you said there is no need to fight a bull, there is no need to fight a wild boar with dogs, so you can stab it. They are both unnecessary. Yet again, I find nothing wrong with either. It seems to me your logic is implying that the situation is made cruel, when people are watching.

Having your throat slit isn't pleasant. That's got to be one of the worth ways to go, unless you're severing the head from the body in one swing. Yet again, I don't call it cruel.

I have spent time around hunters, and never met any that gave their meat away to orphans or any kind of charity. They took it home and shared it with their friends and family. Which again, is completely honorable.

No, I haven't spent time in a farm.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
they do it all over mexico/south america as well
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6595|Iceland
I'm not saying this is worse than humans being killed since some are taking it this way. I have seen vids of beheading ppl for being American or working for Americans, I must say its the must unhuman way to take a life that I have seen. It makes u think how ppl can open the persons throat and take his head off AND HE IS STILL ALIVE [he was twitching after he was half way trough the head]. I just saw this vid and found it sick.

Beheading is beyond all sickness
Gillenator
Evils Bammed Sex Machine
+129|6396|Evilsville

MorbiD.ShoT wrote:

I dunno if this sums it up, but has anyone ever read Ernest Hemmingway's "The Sun Also Rises" ?

Because if so, you will understand bulfighting and how it correlates to people's lives.

Also, it's kindof tradition in Spain and other Spanish countries to Bullfight, it goes back pre 11th century; it's kinda been fought over already.
Well, a few thousand years ago it was also a tradition to worship trees and sacrifice people to the gods. Don't see us still doing that.
I'm saying this, because traditions can be broken or changed.

And if you're so "brave" to fight with a bull, then do it yourself, and not with 10 other people around you who will help you in case you get owned by the bull.
Dec45
+12|6642
"Haha, you are kidding right? Like I said, I guess anti-biotics have made us soft too. People in remote countries die of infection, whats wrong with that right?

You call it tradition, I call it bullshit."

Well call it bullshit then. That doesn't change the fact it's tradition. Would it be any less cruel, had this been a bullfight from before the invention of guns? What about before the invention of high-powered rifles?

Guns and anti-biotics are two totally different things. I can't believe you just made that analogy. Let's debunk that shall we...

Anti-biotics are to help save humans.

Guns are used to kill anything.

Most hunting is done with guns. Bullfighting in comparison to all other forms of hunting and animal sacrifice, is extremely minimal. It is done with a very high level of respect for the bull, and people watching do not enjoy seeing a bull suffer any more then you or I. It is discouraged. You make these people out to sound like horrible people, when in reality they're trying to do what you want them to do, and you yourself do, just using out-dated methods. Matadors die doing this shit. No one seems to acknowledge that, either.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
they deserve it. even back before gunpowder, all you had to do was run it into a stockade and slit it's throat. the only time bullfighting wasn't done for spectacle was before cattle were domesticated, and that's been a while
Dec45
+12|6642

Gillenator wrote:

MorbiD.ShoT wrote:

I dunno if this sums it up, but has anyone ever read Ernest Hemmingway's "The Sun Also Rises" ?

Because if so, you will understand bulfighting and how it correlates to people's lives.

Also, it's kindof tradition in Spain and other Spanish countries to Bullfight, it goes back pre 11th century; it's kinda been fought over already.
Well, a few thousand years ago it was also a tradition to worship trees and sacrifice people to the gods. Don't see us still doing that.
I'm saying this, because traditions can be broken or changed.

And if you're so "brave" to fight with a bull, then do it yourself, and not with 10 other people around you who will help you in case you get owned by the bull.
What's with all the logical fallacies?

Sacrifice of human life to a tree, is not comparable in any way to fighting a bull to later eat it and share it with other people. One promotes human life, the other denies it. Just because the word tradition is involved, doesn't make it an analogy.
Gillenator
Evils Bammed Sex Machine
+129|6396|Evilsville
I don't give a crap that Matadors sometimes die during bullfights!
It's their own choice to stand there and they know the could get killed.
So, I'm not sorry for them.

And I didn't mean to compare human sacrifice en tree worshipping. I just gave 2 examples who also have been a tradition for a long time.

Last edited by Gillenator (2006-11-13 07:45:18)

SkoobyDu
'CLICK JOIN NOW'... OK lets go... BOOM!!!! =FFS=
+120|6562|Cheshire, UK
Man thats gross, still fancy a burger king though...
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6766|Toronto Canada
you want cruelty?

check this out
Gillenator
Evils Bammed Sex Machine
+129|6396|Evilsville
Cruel yes! But not everyone in that business treats the animals like that.
Dec45
+12|6642

kessel! wrote:

you want cruelty?

check this out
This was exactly my point from the beginning... The systematic slaughter of animals, that desensitizes our respect for their sacrifice, to the systematic scarfing of our McDonald's hamburgers without second thought. If you eat meat from a market, the chances you have eaten an animal that was put through an extreme amount of torture is incredibly high. Yet people have the nerve to get on here and bitch about a bullfight or a fuckin' rodeo. It's flat out ridiculous. I think people need to wake the fuck up. Bullfighting is one of the most honorable ways an animal can be killed for food. They are bred healthy and strong, and in the end get a chance to fight back. In more ways then I can describe, including the ones I have, bullfighting is much more humane then any slaughterhouse that provides us with majority of our meat.
Dec45
+12|6642

Gillenator wrote:

I don't give a crap that Matadors sometimes die during bullfights!
It's their own choice to stand there and they know the could get killed.
So, I'm not sorry for them.

And I didn't mean to compare human sacrifice en tree worshipping. I just gave 2 examples who also have been a tradition for a long time.
Whether you care about the matador is completely irrelevant. The point is that you made a comparison that isn't worth comparing.
Erkut.hv
+124|6736|California

Dec45 wrote:

"Haha, you are kidding right? Like I said, I guess anti-biotics have made us soft too. People in remote countries die of infection, whats wrong with that right?

Well call it bullshit then. That doesn't change the fact it's tradition. Would it be any less cruel, had this been a bullfight from before the invention of guns? What about before the invention of high-powered rifles?

Guns and anti-biotics are two totally different things. I can't believe you just made that analogy. Let's debunk that shall we...

Most hunting is done with guns. Bullfighting in comparison to all other forms of hunting and animal sacrifice, is extremely minimal. It is done with a very high level of respect for the bull, and people watching do not enjoy seeing a bull suffer any more then you or I. It is discouraged. You make these people out to sound like horrible people, when in reality they're trying to do what you want them to do, and you yourself do, just using out-dated methods. Matadors die doing this shit. No one seems to acknowledge that, either.
Show me a mataodr getting gored and dying, and I'll show you a guy laughing til he pisses his pants.

Why not stick a hand grenade up the bulls ass right before it dies too, since you've done damn near everything else. And take an arc welder and burn parts off.

I used to laugh at people with plates in their lips and rings around their necks. They seem much more civilized now.

I love Spain, but come on people, there was nothing heroic or brave about that.
commissargizz
+123|6465| Heaven
Fuck the Spanish and all blood sports...if you want to hunt....hunt someone that will give you a fight back on equal terms...If i ever saw some one do that to an animal I kick the shit outta them. WANKERS
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)

Dec45 wrote:

kessel! wrote:

you want cruelty?

check this out
This was exactly my point from the beginning... The systematic slaughter of animals, that desensitizes our respect for their sacrifice, to the systematic scarfing of our McDonald's hamburgers without second thought. If you eat meat from a market, the chances you have eaten an animal that was put through an extreme amount of torture is incredibly high. Yet people have the nerve to get on here and bitch about a bullfight or a fuckin' rodeo. It's flat out ridiculous. I think people need to wake the fuck up. Bullfighting is one of the most honorable ways an animal can be killed for food. They are bred healthy and strong, and in the end get a chance to fight back. In more ways then I can describe, including the ones I have, bullfighting is much more humane then any slaughterhouse that provides us with majority of our meat.
You want to start a thread about the cruelty that there is in the a small miniority of the meat production trade and I'll bitch about that too.

Cruelty is cruelty whether it's done for tradition or profit.
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6475|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
what is up with these people, dont they have any sympathy for these poor defenceless animals. i just dont see how anyone could hurt anything, i hope on day animals would get to live free happy lives in the wild, not strung up in a dark corner or beaten for entertainment!!
Dec45
+12|6642

Erkut.hv wrote:

Dec45 wrote:

Show me a mataodr getting gored and dying, and I'll show you a guy laughing til he pisses his pants.

Why not stick a hand grenade up the bulls ass right before it dies too, since you've done damn near everything else. And take an arc welder and burn parts off.

I used to laugh at people with plates in their lips and rings around their necks. They seem much more civilized now.

I love Spain, but come on people, there was nothing heroic or brave about that.
What the fuck does it matter if someone would laugh at the death of a matador. Go ahead and show me someone pissing their pants of laughter over it. Be sure to ask me if I care afterwards. Judging from your response, you'll be surprised to know that I don't.

Well they might stick a grenade in its ass, but then again, they have to eat it... So way to read the thread.
Dec45
+12|6642

commissargizz wrote:

Fuck the Spanish and all blood sports...if you want to hunt....hunt someone that will give you a fight back on equal terms...If i ever saw some one do that to an animal I kick the shit outta them. WANKERS
LOL... Right... Because sniping a deer is giving the animal a completely equal chance to fight back. Do any of you folks think for more then ten seconds to compose your thoughts before you type, or is this all simply impulse?
Dec45
+12|6642

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Dec45 wrote:

kessel! wrote:

you want cruelty?

check this out
You want to start a thread about the cruelty that there is in the a small miniority of the meat production trade and I'll bitch about that too.

It's not a small minority of the companies man... Beyond that, if it was... It's still millions of animals. My point is not that you'll agree with it, it's just that I can guarantee if you've bought meat from a market you've financially supported the torture of animals... Well, unless you're buying kosher. So it seems funny to me that people would whine about bullfighting.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)

Dec45 wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Dec45 wrote:

It's not a small minority of the companies man... Beyond that, if it was... It's still millions of animals. My point is not that you'll agree with it, it's just that I can guarantee if you've bought meat from a market you've financially supported the torture of animals... Well, unless you're buying kosher. So it seems funny to me that people would whine about bullfighting.
Yes, it is a small minority. I don't know what country you're in, but here in the UK slaughter houses are regulated and all regulated slaughterhouses kill the animals in a human manner. What happens after that isn't pleasant, but the animal is dead before any of that happens.

The real cruelty in modern meat production is not in the slaughterhouses it's in things like factory farmed chickens where they have 40,000 chickens couped up in a shed with very little space to move, no chance to go outside, no chance to do normal chickeny things. They're also fed growth hormones so that they grow at unnatural rates in order for them to be ready to slaughter within the shortest possible amount of time.

And, when I can, I buy free-range or organic.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard