Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6517|Sydney, Australia
The question is sort of self-explanatory, does anyone play both the oboe and the bassoon? I know of three people on this entire planet:

Me

My twin brother (who also uses this account)

My chemistry teacher

Insane huh? I started out on the bassoon first, after I got the hang of the double reed I decided to try out the oboe. I like the oboe alot, but the bassoon still cheers me up whenever I hear its quirky sound.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6654|Finland

Due to double leaves, playing the bassoon creates pressure in your brain, ultimately leading to different forms of insanity.

I actually got that from a mildly insane bassoon player! Really! (well she wasn't insane, yet)

Last edited by DonFck (2006-11-13 03:48:39)

I need around tree fiddy.
Vub
The Power of Two
Yeah, that's actually the oboe, the pressure is really high for the oboe. The bassoon isn't as bad, try it some day, I tried the double bassoon before, couldn't get enough air through it to get a sound
Vub
The Power of Two
For those who don't know what an oboe or a bassoon is, here you go:

Oboe

Bassoon
IntrebuloN
+8|6493
the bassoon has less pressure because there's more room for airflow thru the intstrument, which is necessary to create the lower tones, and yes i played both along with all other brass and windwood instruments

never mastered the flute and never got a chance to play a soprano or bass saxophone (bari rox)

so basically i play most things without strings (this includes the piano as some might now)

e flat alto saxophone and the b flat cornet are my favourites (trumpet)

although i'd say the b flat soprano saxophone has the kewlest look and sound....

probably one of the rarest horns that i know of is the e flat sopranino saxophone (looks small enough to be fisher price)

Last edited by IntrebuloN (2006-11-13 03:59:30)

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6654|Finland

IntrebuloN wrote:

the bassoon has less pressure because there's more room for airflow thru the intstrument, which is necessary to create the lower tones, and yes i played both along with all other brass and windwood instruments

never mastered the flute and never got a chance to play a soprano or bass saxophone (bari rox)

so basically i play most things without strings (this includes the piano as some might now)

Wikipedia wrote:

A piano or pianoforte is a musical instrument classified as a keyboard, percussion, or string instrument, depending on the system of classification used.
The pressure's getting to you..
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6542|Adelaide, South Australia

i want to learn the harmonica.
jsnipy
+3,276|6545|...

I appreciate both instruments after hearing the classic excerpts in Fantasia
IntrebuloN
+8|6493

DonFck wrote:

IntrebuloN wrote:

Wikipedia wrote:

A piano or pianoforte is a musical instrument classified as a keyboard, percussion, or string instrument, depending on the system of classification used.
i dun get it, isn't your quote what i said? i play percussion, but i don't play piano, since it's also a string... hUH?
IntrebuloN
+8|6493
i'm surprised david sanborn isn't on those lists...

my bad, he is there

you wanna hear crazy alto riffs listen to JT - David Sanborn
if you like softer stuff try pearls or smoke gets in my eyes by same ;D

his bass player on most of his album is incredible too, marcus miller

who happens to be a really good bass clarinetist if i remember right

Last edited by IntrebuloN (2006-11-13 04:04:30)

IntrebuloN
+8|6493

jsnipy wrote:

I appreciate both instruments after hearing the classic excerpts in Fantasia
wasnt that stevie ray vaughn (big band composer/saxophonist, not the guitarist )

check out telstar if yer into that stuff
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6654|Finland

IntrebuloN wrote:

DonFck wrote:

IntrebuloN wrote:

Wikipedia wrote:

i dun get it, isn't your quote what i said? i play percussion, but i don't play piano, since it's also a string... hUH?
Oh! Now I get it! So you don't play the piano.. As I understood from what you said was that you play only things without strings, including the piano. The structure of the sentence fooled me.
IntrebuloN
+8|6493
and yeah, i listen to everything from the beatles to pearl jam to beethhover to armin van buuren so...
IntrebuloN
+8|6493

DonFck wrote:

IntrebuloN wrote:

DonFck wrote:

Oh! Now I get it! So you don't play the piano.. As I understood from what you said was that you play only things without strings, including the piano. The structure of the sentence fooled me.
now that i reread i see how you could come to that conclusion, i sortra type in what i call 'i-net shorthand'

..er mebbe a better term would be that i'm a chain thinker and i type in thoughts and afterthoughts?

Last edited by IntrebuloN (2006-11-13 04:09:36)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard