Poll

How will George W Bush go down in history?

A cretin2%2% - 3
A failure20%20% - 24
A bloodthirsty monster1%1% - 2
A zionist puppet2%2% - 3
A gormless inarticulate cowboy6%6% - 8
An ex-alcoholic draft-dodger0%0% - 0
A greedy compassionless oligarch1%1% - 2
All of the above36%36% - 42
A visionary6%6% - 8
A success20%20% - 24
Total: 116
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6778|PNW

sergeriver wrote:

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

He has done nothing of enough significance to leave a substantial legacy. Future generations will be as familiar with BushII as we are with Rutherford Hayes and Chester Arthur. Basically as the answer to obscure presidential trivia questions.

1) Who was president of the US when terrorists crashed planes into the World Trade Center? (George W Bush)
2) Which two former US presidents had fathers who were also US presidents? (George W Bush and John Quincy Adams)
Well, he did something, he invaded Iraq over false evidence and started a civil war that took thousands of lives.
Damn him for disrupting the fairy wonderland!
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6681|Canberra, AUS

Phantom2828 wrote:

I laugh when I see these threads. People are so stupid.
We have a system called checks and balances.
The president doesn't have much power besides his little veto pen.
He needs the support of congress to do much of anything. Including start war dumb fucks.
If you want to piss and moan about how you hate America, then look up the names of all the fucking congressmen and women and start threads about how stupid they are.
Intill then, piss off
I don't think you even bothered reading the poll or the thread. Cpoe hasn't made any judgement in this thread yet, and you've just started the flaming.

Plus if the congress supports him regardless of what he does than its support isn't much of a stumbling block.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6653
How many more Bush threads do we need? This topic has been done to death, had its corpse exhumed and reanimated, then killed again.

https://img242.imageshack.us/img242/9128/1160123891626fz1.gif > this thread
462nd NSP653
Devout Moderate, Empty Head.
+57|6691
What I like about this is that you could superimpose almost ANY politician / world leader in there and it fits.
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6651|Seattle, WA
A little one sided aren't we Cam, I like the balance of negative and positive choices. 

Just continuing the cycle of hate, good job, I commend ye.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6728|Sydney, Australia
I'll monitor this thread, but if it gets out of hand, I will not hesitate in closing it.

Mcminty.
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6653

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

A little one sided aren't we Cam, I like the balance of negative and positive choices. 

Agreed. His posts are becoming over the top now. Check out his "Gg US" thread which is also on the front page. It's basically just trolling at a level I would expect from anyone else from the all-star team of political scientists we have here. At the very least, this topic shouldn't exist because there are at least two-dozen nearly identical to it, which again leads me to believe he is just trolling and attempting to spark another flame war.

Last edited by Fancy_Pollux (2006-11-12 22:21:11)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6562

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

Agreed. His posts are becoming over the top now. Check out his "Gg US" thread which is also on the front page. It's basically just trolling at a level I would expect from anyone else from the all-star team of political scientists we have here. At the very least, this topic shouldn't exist because there are at least two-dozen nearly identical to it, which again leads me to believe he is just trolling and attempting to spark another flame war.
It's amazing how sensitive Fancy_Pollux is.
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6653

CameronPoe wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

I don't understand how that post shows that I am "sensitive". If anything, it is quite the opposite. It's more of a "shakes his head in shame at 50th topic on the same thing" kind of attitude.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6562

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

I don't understand how that post shows that I am "sensitive". If anything, it is quite the opposite. It's more of a "shakes his head in shame at 50th topic on the same thing" kind of attitude.
Except that you've made posts with that silly ASCII image before. It's getting to become more than just a 'head shaking' exercise now. In fact the only we see you on D&ST is to make some kind of response like this, which alludes to the fact that you are a tad 'sensitive'.
JayDee
+4|6388|A large sand dune
I feel sorry for poor Georgie, the guy was born a loser. Daddy was a loser and he was brought up as a republican (=loser). Too bad he couldn´t just stick to loosing at Trivial Pursuit, but had to take the whole Middle East with him in the fall. Maybe if he had done his homework at the university he would have learned about STRATEGY.
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6653

CameronPoe wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Except that you've made posts with that silly ASCII image before. It's getting to become more than just a 'head shaking' exercise now. In fact the only we see you on D&ST is to make some kind of response like this, which alludes to the fact that you are a tad 'sensitive'.
It's hard to find a thread that doesn't warrant that ASCII image. As long as people keep remaking those threads, I'll keep re-posting the ASCII image. I would understand if these threads had some kind of variety, but they all ultimately degrade into, or even started as, the same repetitive flame war. This forum has become nothing more than an outlet where people vent their daily anger over the same 3 topics: Bush, Iraq, and Israel...and it's the same people arguing the same things every time. "Here we go again" basically sums up 75% of the threads here. It's like seeing those Chuck Norris jokes everywhere you look.

Edit: These are the type of comments I'm talking about. How can you people sustain a debate off of this:

JayDee wrote:

I feel sorry for poor Georgie, the guy was born a loser. Daddy was a loser and he was brought up as a republican (=loser). Too bad he couldn´t just stick to loosing at Trivial Pursuit, but had to take the whole Middle East with him in the fall. Maybe if he had done his homework at the university he would have learned about STRATEGY.

Last edited by Fancy_Pollux (2006-11-13 00:20:59)

beerface702
+65|6700|las vegas
i would say a average president

he's not the antichrist

but i do agree he isnt exactly the best politcian ever, nor the worst by any means

i have supported him through most of his term, but the last year and a half ive lost some respect for the man and im looking forward to a new canidate to mix things up. and see how they work, if they are republican.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6562

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

It's hard to find a thread that doesn't warrant that ASCII image. As long as people keep remaking those threads, I'll keep re-posting the ASCII image. I would understand if these threads had some kind of variety, but they all ultimately degrade into, or even started as, the same repetitive flame war. This forum has become nothing more than an outlet where people vent their daily anger over the same 3 topics: Bush, Iraq, and Israel...and it's the same people arguing the same things every time. "Here we go again" basically sums up 75% of the threads here. It's like seeing those Chuck Norris jokes everywhere you look.

Edit: These are the type of comments I'm talking about. How can you people sustain a debate off of this:

JayDee wrote:

Well be thankful Fancy that the Dems got elected and the rest of the world can now love the US again. I for one look differently upon America already. God bless the American voters and good riddance Republican party!!! Hip hip hooray!!!!!!!!!!

PS I didn't make any comments in this thread personally about Bush. The topic warrants discussion because he is now dead in the water: his power is gone and his presidency is effectively over. I wanted to gauge how people think he will be recorded in the history books. The poll choice was just a bit of humour (and at this point nearly 70% of people don't think the history books will look kindly on him).

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-11-13 00:53:50)

oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6526|Πάϊ

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

JayDee wrote:

I feel sorry for poor Georgie, the guy was born a loser. Daddy was a loser and he was brought up as a republican (=loser). Too bad he couldn't´t just stick to loosing at Trivial Pursuit, but had to take the whole Middle East with him in the fall. Maybe if he had done his homework at the university he would have learned about STRATEGY.
You're absolutely right as far as JayDee's post goes. But the rest... The thing is, if you feel that the ASCII image is suitable for everything then a Debate section is not for you.

Its like CP said. Your posts lately consist of nothing else but that image. So, yes, there's a lot of threads about the US and the Middle East etc etc. And in my view there will continue to be, as long as things remain the way they are.

Going through your latest posts, I'd say you're convinced that those of us who criticize the current US policy in the region are wrong. Therefore, you have two options: either you remain convinced and leave D&ST or you stick around and try to elaborate on your thoughts every chance you get.

And btw, you're a bright boy, surely you can avoid pointless posts and stick to the serious ones.
ƒ³
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6653

oug wrote:

Going through your latest posts, I'd say you're convinced that those of us who criticize the current US policy in the region are wrong.
Actually, quite often I agree with that criticism. It's just getting old.

Last edited by Fancy_Pollux (2006-11-13 01:08:46)

JayDee
+4|6388|A large sand dune
Cameron Poe asked how people will remember George Bush. My answer : loser. Fancy Pollux, you´re off topic. This is not a debate, it´s a thread where people can express their opinion. If you want to debate, join politics instead of wasting your time in a computer game forum.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6770|d
"All of the above and beyond."
Pierre
I hunt criminals down for a living
+68|6682|Belgium
Interesting question, but IMO it gives to much credit to GWB. 

Let's not forget he's just a puppet on a string, an idiot who thanks everything he has ever accomplished in his life to his father and the friends of his father, and who is only in office because he lacks a vision of his own and therefor is easy to manipulate.  Sure, he has some charisma with some people who will accept everything with the fitting label attached to it ("religious", "conservative", etc), but after all he is just a dumb cowboy who should have remained on his ranch (no offence to the original cowboys).

Far more dangerous I feel, is the fact that the strings are being pulled by a lot more people we can imagine, most of them being part of the military industrial complex.  People like Cheney, Rove and others who are really in charge and who have their own agenda.  Most of them are never elected by the people, but they have a large influence on the whole process while they steer the elected officials, who are happy they get elected in the first place.

The whole election process in the US in 2000 and 2004 has scared me to see how mighty lies can become when they are brought by media who belong to one of the parties, how shameful it is that it's possible that a person like John Kerry, a veteran of the Vietnam War who has received many honors, and a politician with a message and a view, was spit upon by a lot of mindless people, even in recent posts on this forum.

Those people pulling the strings decide the policy of a country, and when it's a big country like the US, their decisions even have consequences for the whole world.

And that scares me more than the problems with Iran of some lame terrorist in a cave.

Last edited by Pierre (2006-11-13 03:38:33)

Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6653

JayDee wrote:

Fancy Pollux, you´re off topic. This is not a debate, it´s a thread where people can express their opinion. If you want to debate, join politics instead of wasting your time in a computer game forum.
Seeing as you only have 5 posts here, you have not seen this topic done to death and then some. So your opinion on this pretty much means nothing. Also, this IS a debate forum.

Last edited by Fancy_Pollux (2006-11-13 03:13:05)

Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6555|San Diego, CA, USA
Type "failure" in Google and tell me what you get.

Personally I don't think he is.  He's a visionary.  The problem is with his implementation.  If Iraq was successful right now then I think everyone that supported the war would agree that it was worth it.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6562

Harmor wrote:

Type "failure" in Google and tell me what you get.

Personally I don't think he is.  He's a visionary.  The problem is with his implementation.  If Iraq was successful right now then I think everyone that supported the war would agree that it was worth it.
The problem is Iraq was never going to be a success. Nobody, not christian, jew, muslim, Irishman, American, arab, likes having their country occupied by a foreign power. It's as simple as that.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6651|Ohio

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Much better than most people think of him now. People don't know the full story of why really went into Iraq/Afghanistan, and in hindsight we didn't have much choice.
really? can you tell us the story then?

it reminds me of steve colbert at that presidential thing. "Noooooooo!"
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6764|Argentina

Miller wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

He has done nothing of enough significance to leave a substantial legacy. Future generations will be as familiar with BushII as we are with Rutherford Hayes and Chester Arthur. Basically as the answer to obscure presidential trivia questions.

1) Who was president of the US when terrorists crashed planes into the World Trade Center? (George W Bush)
2) Which two former US presidents had fathers who were also US presidents? (George W Bush and John Quincy Adams)
Well, he did something, he invaded Iraq over false evidence and started a civil war that took thousands of lives.
But I'm guessing Clinton was just spotless.
Can't you defend Dubya without comparing him with Clinton?  You don't help GWB comparing him with Clinton.  Clinton didn't kill anybody.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6764|Argentina

Miller wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Miller wrote:

Exactly how I view Clinton and Nixon(studying his policies was worth it).
Actually, I liked Clinton and Nixon.

Clinton compromised well with the Republicans of the 90s to bring us unprecedented economic growth.

Nixon created the EPA and got us out of Vietnam.

Overall, I'd say Clinton and Nixon were much better presidents than Bush or LBJ.
LBJ I'm not sure about.  Bush has done a great job IMO.  Clinton and Nixon were spineless in my view though.  They handled any threat completely wrong. Economy was a good part, but that also applies to Bush right now.  Clinton was the worst IMO, followed closely by Nixon, but they both did good in certain areas.  Whereas Bush has done the best he can as I can see it.
Are you familiarized with the word deficit?  How can you say that Bush did well in Economy?  Take the poll you want about the best US presidents ever, and Clinton is in the poll.  This guy is in every poll about the worst ones.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard