KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6697|Dayton, Ohio
Just a Question.  Have any of you guys been screaming for a single player Mod??????????  I thought the Battlefield series was all about the multiplayer and team play element.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6777
Imagine battlefield without the TK, nobos, pointwhores, and you get to be the focus of attention - hell yeah...

And the PS3 is the equivalent of $765 dollars over here in UK. Although I'm getting the cheap version. Which is about $640
Firestarter
+12|6630

Dr_3V|L wrote:

Man, that are some awesome graphics.
lrn grammar....

and yeah I read the title thinking "Wow some prick is dissing EA and DiCE and they call it the "Battlefield Company" " then I read the thread...SLOW THE FUCK DOWN WITH THE GOD DAMN GAMES!!!!

sorry for the cussing and stuff....
The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6517|Los Angeles
http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/ … nouncement

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. - August 21, 2006 - Throw out the rules of engagement, this is all-out war! Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced that Battlefield: Bad Company™ is currently in development for the Xbox 360&E153; video game system from Microsoft® and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.

Built from the ground-up for next-generation consoles using Digital Illusions' bleeding-edge Frostbite™ game engine, Battlefield: Bad Company drops gamers behind enemy lines with a squad of renegade soldiers who risk it all on a personal quest for gold and revenge. Featuring a deep, cinematic single-player experience loaded with adventure and dark humor, the game delivers the series' trademark sandbox gameplay in a universe where nearly everything is destructible.

"The heart of DICE's multiplayer games is the frenetic, unpredictable nature of the sandbox experience, where anything could happen at any moment, and that's what we're bringing to the core of Battlefield: Bad Company's single-player campaign, said Karl Magnus Troedsson, senior producer at DICE. "In a world that's 90 percent destructible, the gameplay possibilities are infinite - the battlefield is always changing, forcing players, teammates, and enemies to react accordingly. Gamers will have total freedom to adapt to and tackle challenges in creative Battlefield-style ways."

Battlefield: Bad Company also will feature a full suite of the franchise's trademark multiplayer options with deep gameplay modes designed to take full advantage of the game's massively destructible environments.

Developed by Sweden-based developer Digital Illusions, Battlefield: Bad Company is slated to ship for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in 2007. For more information about the Battlefield franchise, please visit http://battlefield.ea.com.
Intheshadows
+5|6560
So they can develop this on a new game engine but not 2142?  And I would always take this with a grain of salt, game companies are know for hawking renders as in game shots.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6584

Intheshadows wrote:

So they can develop this on a new game engine but not 2142?  And I would always take this with a grain of salt, game companies are know for hawking renders as in game shots.
BF2142 is rather the BF:Vietnam for BF2.

Even if i'm interested in BF2142 i fear that it's going to be a huge flop after i heard a lot of informations about the  BF2142 BETA. We can only hope that DICE are going to make a lot of changes.

Although i'm going to play the public demo version for at least one month.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6617|132 and Bush

Talon wrote:

Right, here is why PS3 is better.

Xbox 360 Games are limited to 9GB.

PS3 games can currently go up to 25GB, and will go to 50GB and even 100 with multiple-layer technology. I dont care if they have the same graphics when I can have 11 times as much as you.

Want to know why so many great games are PS3 exlcusive? They can't fit anything on the old DVD9s. Resistance: Fall of Man, for example, is already 20 GB.. and its not finished.

So get an 360 and a load of Xbox remakes and halfhearted sequels, or buy a PS3 and get original games.
Blue -ray is what you are reffering to and this is the precise reason ps3 has been pushed back time and time again. 360 will have this as an addon.

As for the game, after playing Modern combat I will not by buying this.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6588

LT.Victim wrote:

does anyone find the Name Ironic?
Haha +1

EA and DICE are brutally murdering the Battlefield series for all the money they can milk out of it.
a fly
+105|6661|The netherlands

Russkie17 wrote:

No console will ever match the power of a PC. Never. Ever. (Modern combat on console sucks)

Long live the computer! Long live Nvidia and ATI!
not reading after.

i hope you knew this, but gamecube is powered by ati graphics (thats why it loads faster then the ps2 and xbox with less Mhz ), and the new xbox uses nvidia.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6584

a fly wrote:

Russkie17 wrote:

No console will ever match the power of a PC. Never. Ever. (Modern combat on console sucks)

Long live the computer! Long live Nvidia and ATI!
not reading after.

i hope you knew this, but gamecube is powered by ati graphics (thats why it loads faster then the ps2 and xbox with less Mhz ), and the new xbox uses nvidia.
And consoles got way better main and graphic processors.
c0ldfyr3
+23|6684|Ireland
Anyone with half a clue knows that for the XboX 360 and PS3 they basically stripped out any possibility of half decent AI/Opponents in favour of real looking flesh, real lookin wood and shite like that.
I dunno about you guys but the majority of my enjoyment while playing BF2 was my opponents.

Imagine if all you had to play against were the stupid bots? And their running on a proper machine haha!
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6672|Brisbane, Australia

fierce wrote:

Intheshadows wrote:

BF2142 is rather the BF:Vietnam for BF2.

Even if i'm interested in BF2142 i fear that it's going to be a huge flop after i heard a lot of informations about the  BF2142 BETA. We can only hope that DICE are going to make a lot of changes.
Although i'm going to play the public demo version for at least one month.
This is totally false, I can assure you, that even though Ive played only 1 map, 2142, is Better than BF2, for instance, the maps are totally infantry friendly, you know the massive maps on BF2, where the only time you get infantry is at flags, well in 2142, you have infantry EVERYWHERE!

Trust me, this game wont flop, and it wont replace BF2 either, there is only so much Snow one can stand
xXSarnathXx
Decepticons forever!
+25|6624|Sweden

Vilham wrote:

FFLink13 wrote:

farmerfez wrote:

PS3 is going to be 599 USD lol. Anyone else see that movie?
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddddgge raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccerrrrrrr!!!!!

lol, yeh graphics wise it looks good, but i reckon it will suck.

the only reason i will buy a ps3 is if they remake FF7 for it.

so "wii60" ftw
what do you mean "If", they are. Btw the PS3 is a better console, the specs are alot better than the 360 and its also gunna have better games because they arent limited to size like they are on the 360.
are they? got any proof to back that up? gimme link
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6617|132 and Bush

Did anyone actually like Modern Combat?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6783|UK
sorry if i got anyones hopes up... they have updated that there wont be a final fantasy VII remake

Last edited by Vilham (2006-08-22 14:25:57)

Not
Great success!
+216|6593|Chandler, AZ

ThomasMorgan wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

I was thinking the exact same thing.
QFE
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6543|Singapore
err i saw this on wikipedia...

Wikipedia wrote:

Currently planned for the Xbox 360, PS3, PC, and PSP, Bad Company will be the first Battlefield game to be developed for next-gen consoles.
so is it exclusively for consoles or what?
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6485

LT.Victim wrote:

ironic no. appropreate yes
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6777
Gravedigger! this is a three month old topic.

And yes, its only for 360 and PS3. I suppose they might port it over to PC later.
wodstlk
+2|6396
meh, i like my fps on the pc.
but my gf wants a ps3 while she is prego, so looks like i will need to maybe sell one of my laptops to get the scratch.  i have a 360, i think i played it for a day, now it just sits....
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6494|Communist Republic of CA, USA
When will developers learn that the XM8 project was scrapped?  And from what I read of the game in Game Informer, the missions didn't seem so much Mission Based as they did Multiplayer Maps with certain objectives.  But then again I could be completely wrong, I read the article a ways back.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6607|Your attic
Since when did DICE steal the CryII engine?

Looks fine I guess, but I'm still waiting for BF3.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6750|Singapore
8800gtx will always own consoles:D
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6672|Brisbane, Australia

fierce wrote:

...Throw out the rules of engagement, this is all-out war!...
Yeah, thats what we thought for BF2 as well..
JoeFriday
Git 'Er Dun
+23|6457|Canada
those have to be the best graphics I've ever seen

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard