Poll

What would you like to see in Patch 1.41 for BF2?

Nerf BF2's weapons, armor and air assets!10%10% - 27
Add more weapons, they did a good job so far!17%17% - 46
Improve/Add to existing weapons, assets and taunts &12%12% - 34
Urban (CITY) combat maps are needed! (LIKE KARKAND with18%18% - 50
Add more vocal commands like "Bomb raid here" "enemy do5%5% - 14
Allow for jungle/urban guille suites & fatigues7%7% - 20
Other, I will post my idea13%13% - 35
Allow squad member requests be seen on map14%14% - 39
Total: 265
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6529|Adelaide, South Australia

Hellogoodsir wrote:

Fixes/tweaks/additions in regular Battlefield 2

Infantry suggestions
*Give the MEC and PLA commanders a full range of voices, instead of borrowing from the squad leader wavs.
*Make it to where you have to physically trip over claymores to set them off and/or make a specific mine FF option (FF on for mines or claymores)
*Decrease claymore blast radius slightly, but soften damage on the outer blast radius. Seems like once you're caught in it, 98% of the time it will kill you.
*Slightly increase the accuracy of the MP5 and Type 85.
*Two additional clips for the MP5 and Type 85, and one for the PP-19 and the P90.
*Slightly increase damage and/or accuracy for the Type 95.
*Decrease rounds in the DAO-12 and/or damage, or simply make it less accurate either by wider spread or heavier recoil.
*Decrease the damage by the G36E slightly or increase recoil. Something to make the gun have its up and downs so it's not a M16 and better.
*Assault class should get an additional team point for capping/neutralizing flags, and can slightly cap/net them faster.
*Killing tanks should reward two kill damage assists i.e. 1 guy SRAWs a tank, another one SRAWs a tank, and another guy SRAWs the tank, getting the kill. The first two each get a kill damage assist.
*All kits should get 2-3 grenades, with assault having 3-4 (I don't mind 4).
*Someone who is support also resupplies themselves slower. (above issue)
*Heavier recoil on PKM, but maintain damage and overall accuracy.
*MG36... just some sort of change.
*Jackhammer should have 8 shots instead of 7.
*Slight increase with M95 accuracy.
*Assault class gets two smoke grenades.
*Supply boxes should heal at a faster rate (it's about what, half the speed of holding a medkit?).
*Very slight decrease in damage and accuracy of G3 possibly.
*Increase M95 damage towards soft targets (not Helicopters).
*Repairing a tank of 50% of it's health results in a repair point, and 75% of an APC's. Repairing a commander’s asset by 90%, or basically fully, results in two repair points (or repairing 45% for one point). Repairing commander assets is also faster.
*Only one or two friendly vehicles can repair you at a given time. A supply box counts also, but infantry doesn't.
*Increase repair radius of vehicles, especially transports.
*Increase repair rate of passengers in helicopters, and repairing by 50% results in a repair point.
*Healing 50% of someone's health results in a heal, but reviving results in only one point. Medic badge requirement would have to increase to accommodate this.

Vehicle suggestions
*The Mi-28 should be able to fire a volley of 10 missiles.
*Slight increase in splash damage on helicopter rockets (possibly).
*J-10 bug where enemy air to air missile slide off of it.
*Tanks should have limited coaxial machine gun ammo.
*Fix where it's still possible to kill infantry ducking in the gunners seat on a tank.
*Increase RIB speed slightly, and possible increase hit points.
*Increase speed slightly of heavy Nanjing, Vodnik, and HUMVEE.
*Increase Nanjing traction (seems to have pretty crappy traction if you ask me).
*Slightly increase the damage/splash damage on the blackhawk miniguns.
*Increase the rate of fire on the Mi-17 and Z-8 side mounted machineguns, or mount grenade launchers on them: PLA HK GMG; MEC AGS-17.
*Increase hit points or maneuverability on the Mi-17 or Z-8.

Fixes/tweaks/additions in Euro Forces

Infantry suggestions
*Fix registration problem with the HK53A3
*Add 7 more shells for the Benelli M4
*Add 1 more clip for the FAMAS
*Possible edit to Spec Op or Medic head gear?
*Replace M249 SAW LMGs with HK21s.

Vehicle suggestions
*Brighten both the Challenger 2 and Leopard 2A6EX tank skins (the maps are not as bright, but MEC and PLA tanks show up fine).
*A change to how the Tiger HAP flys. Tends to dip (like accelerates really fast when diving).
*Fix where enemy air to air missiles slide off the Euro Fighter.
*Increase armor on the Challenger 2 very slightly, or make it like a cross between a tank and a self propelled howitzer with higher explosive rounds. (not entirely sure on this one)
*Fix bug where time in transport is not recorded into stats while playing Euro Forces.
*Correct Challenger 2 image (the same the M1A2 only with the gunner seat marker changed).
*Decrease the size of the Challenger 2 (it is way out of proportion).
*Same skin or alike on the DPV from Great Wall used on the L2A6EX on Great Wall. That's a great skin.

Addition suggestions (you know, what if?)
*New APC.
*New fast transport.
*New medium transport.
*New bomber.
*New mobile AA.
*New ground defense.
*New AA defense.
*New AT rocket
*New pistol
*Add more flags on Taraba Quarry.
*Bring back the EU service ribbon.
*AT and Sniper kit do not share the same weapon as the unlocks. P90 and the L96 are both excellent unlocks... but the EU could have something of it's own.
*Both Euro Tanks should have their own unique engine sounds (both borrow from the Type 98 engine sound) and firing sounds (both borrow from the M1A2).

Fixes/tweaks/additions in regular Armored Fury

Vehicle suggestions
*Increase hit points on the EC-635 (isn’t as agile as the WZ-11, which seems about the same size)
*Make it to where 3+ hits from AA can take down an attack jet. (seems like you can survive 2 sometimes but it's hard to avoid).
*Allow infantry on scout helicopters a 180 degree of view from left to right.
*Decrease the chance of scout helicopters from being hit by AA.
*Increase the damage of attack jets main cannons towards vehicles. Obviously not overpowering, but enough to do quite a bit of damage being finished off with a few bombs.
*Highlight air units on screen in attack jets.
*Greater control over jets when adjusting speed. Seems to become too sensative or not sensitive at times. Smoother control that's all, and greater lift after coming from a dive.

Addition suggestions
*Create a flag at the cul-de-sac on Road Rage 64 player.
*Have two scout helicopters instead of just one on the 64 player version.

Fixes/tweaks/additions in all of Battlefield or later edits.

*Increase ticket count on 16 player maps by 25-50%. Possibly higher on certain maps (like more on some of the vehicles maps but less on the infantry maps like Karkand so it isn't a point whore fest... get the idea?)
*Increase ticket count on 32 player maps by 25%. Again maybe higher on some maps.
*Adjust spawn points on all maps and sizes in IO. Maybe more flags, or place them better so teams are balanced, edit cap time, and radius if possible.
*Either allow some maps to have transports, or give all maps transports without any mounted guns (but allow troops to fire their own weapons. Depending on how large the map and how critical they are, add more. Some maps could do away with them.
*Allow SF players (who launched SF not vanilla), to play on a SF server that can include normal BF2 maps into rotation.
*If a server plays only Euro Forces or Armored Fury, give the "2" icon it's respective color (blue or orange).
*Bring back squad hopping, of give the squad leader a chance to get revived longer (can opt for it).
*Tweak unlocks so they are not nublocks. Unlocks should be alternatives because stock weapons are not the same for every army. G36E gives medic players burst firepower if they prefer it over full-auto, not G36E over the M16 because it's much more accurate. A good example of what unlocks should do is the M96 or the L96 give players bolt action over semi-auto sniper rifles because they prefer that.
*Better hit registration and video sync.
*Game stability has improved which I am grateful of, but crashes still happen. I've played many games where crashes were almost non-existent, so why can't BF2 reach that kind of stability?
*MAKE THE BOOSTERS FREE! They are most likely not making much money off of them anymore, and it would increase both booster activity, especially for Euro Forces.
*Friendlies should be able to flag enemy mines and claymores.
*EU weapons should be unlocks in Special Forces. SF weapons can be used in BF2, why can't some BF2 weapons be used in SF? Obvious choice is the EU weapons. If SF weapons weren't mostly borrowed from MEC, it wouldn't be too hard to select weapons from the PLA, USMC, MEC, and EU to be SF unlocks.
*New BF2 map that is a PLA urban map. It would be cool if it was in Europe, and featured the EU.
*Snipers that spot enemy targets last longer on the minimap than normal.
*Anti-tankers who spot enemy vehicles last longer on the minimap than normal.
*Blowing up commander assets results in 1.5 points, not just one. 2 might be ok.
*Spec Op class gets 6 items of C4.
*AT class can get use flashbangs if they use stock weapons, as in not using the unlocks.

Oh yea... make EU weapons SF unlocks! In order to have these unlocks though... you need to buy Euro Forces and play it for 25-50 hours.

This is stuff on my wish list. Too big for a minor patch, I know.

{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank wrote:

I would rather them fix the hit boxes before tampering with anything else.
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6590|England

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Hellogoodsir wrote:

Fixes/tweaks/additions in regular Battlefield 2

Infantry suggestions
*Give the MEC and PLA commanders a full range of voices, instead of borrowing from the squad leader wavs.
*Make it to where you have to physically trip over claymores to set them off and/or make a specific mine FF option (FF on for mines or claymores)
*Decrease claymore blast radius slightly, but soften damage on the outer blast radius. Seems like once you're caught in it, 98% of the time it will kill you.
*Slightly increase the accuracy of the MP5 and Type 85.
*Two additional clips for the MP5 and Type 85, and one for the PP-19 and the P90.
*Slightly increase damage and/or accuracy for the Type 95.
*Decrease rounds in the DAO-12 and/or damage, or simply make it less accurate either by wider spread or heavier recoil.
*Decrease the damage by the G36E slightly or increase recoil. Something to make the gun have its up and downs so it's not a M16 and better.
*Assault class should get an additional team point for capping/neutralizing flags, and can slightly cap/net them faster.
*Killing tanks should reward two kill damage assists i.e. 1 guy SRAWs a tank, another one SRAWs a tank, and another guy SRAWs the tank, getting the kill. The first two each get a kill damage assist.
*All kits should get 2-3 grenades, with assault having 3-4 (I don't mind 4).
*Someone who is support also resupplies themselves slower. (above issue)
*Heavier recoil on PKM, but maintain damage and overall accuracy.
*MG36... just some sort of change.
*Jackhammer should have 8 shots instead of 7.
*Slight increase with M95 accuracy.
*Assault class gets two smoke grenades.
*Supply boxes should heal at a faster rate (it's about what, half the speed of holding a medkit?).
*Very slight decrease in damage and accuracy of G3 possibly.
*Increase M95 damage towards soft targets (not Helicopters).
*Repairing a tank of 50% of it's health results in a repair point, and 75% of an APC's. Repairing a commander’s asset by 90%, or basically fully, results in two repair points (or repairing 45% for one point). Repairing commander assets is also faster.
*Only one or two friendly vehicles can repair you at a given time. A supply box counts also, but infantry doesn't.
*Increase repair radius of vehicles, especially transports.
*Increase repair rate of passengers in helicopters, and repairing by 50% results in a repair point.
*Healing 50% of someone's health results in a heal, but reviving results in only one point. Medic badge requirement would have to increase to accommodate this.

Vehicle suggestions
*The Mi-28 should be able to fire a volley of 10 missiles.
*Slight increase in splash damage on helicopter rockets (possibly).
*J-10 bug where enemy air to air missile slide off of it.
*Tanks should have limited coaxial machine gun ammo.
*Fix where it's still possible to kill infantry ducking in the gunners seat on a tank.
*Increase RIB speed slightly, and possible increase hit points.
*Increase speed slightly of heavy Nanjing, Vodnik, and HUMVEE.
*Increase Nanjing traction (seems to have pretty crappy traction if you ask me).
*Slightly increase the damage/splash damage on the blackhawk miniguns.
*Increase the rate of fire on the Mi-17 and Z-8 side mounted machineguns, or mount grenade launchers on them: PLA HK GMG; MEC AGS-17.
*Increase hit points or maneuverability on the Mi-17 or Z-8.

Infantry suggestions
*Fix registration problem with the HK53A3
*Add 7 more shells for the Benelli M4
*Add 1 more clip for the FAMAS
*Possible edit to Spec Op or Medic head gear?
*Replace M249 SAW LMGs with HK21s.

Vehicle suggestions
*Brighten both the Challenger 2 and Leopard 2A6EX tank skins (the maps are not as bright, but MEC and PLA tanks show up fine).
*A change to how the Tiger HAP flys. Tends to dip (like accelerates really fast when diving).
*Increase armor on the Challenger 2 very slightly, or make it like a cross between a tank and a self propelled howitzer with higher explosive rounds. (not entirely sure on this one)
*Fix bug where time in transport is not recorded into stats while playing Euro Forces.
*Correct Challenger 2 image (the same the M1A2 only with the gunner seat marker changed).
*Decrease the size of the Challenger 2 (it is way out of proportion).
*Same skin or alike on the DPV from Great Wall used on the L2A6EX on Great Wall. That's a great skin.

Addition suggestions (you know, what if?)
*New APC.
*New fast transport.
*New medium transport.
*New bomber.
*New mobile AA.
*New ground defense.
*New AA defense.
*New AT rocket
*New pistol
*Add more flags on Taraba Quarry.
*Bring back the EU service ribbon.
*AT and Sniper kit do not share the same weapon as the unlocks. P90 and the L96 are both excellent unlocks... but the EU could have something of it's own.
*Both Euro Tanks should have their own unique engine sounds (both borrow from the Type 98 engine sound) and firing sounds (both borrow from the M1A2).

Fixes/tweaks/additions in regular Armored Fury

Vehicle suggestions
*Increase hit points on the EC-635 (isn’t as agile as the WZ-11, which seems about the same size)
*Make it to where 3+ hits from AA can take down an attack jet. (seems like you can survive 2 sometimes but it's hard to avoid).
*Allow infantry on scout helicopters a 180 degree of view from left to right.
*Decrease the chance of scout helicopters from being hit by AA.
*Increase the damage of attack jets main cannons towards vehicles. Obviously not overpowering, but enough to do quite a bit of damage being finished off with a few bombs.
*Highlight air units on screen in attack jets.
*Greater control over jets when adjusting speed. Seems to become too sensative or not sensitive at times. Smoother control that's all, and greater lift after coming from a dive.

Addition suggestions
*Create a flag at the cul-de-sac on Road Rage 64 player.
*Have two scout helicopters instead of just one on the 64 player version.

Fixes/tweaks/additions in all of Battlefield or later edits.

*Increase ticket count on 16 player maps by 25-50%. Possibly higher on certain maps (like more on some of the vehicles maps but less on the infantry maps like Karkand so it isn't a point whore fest... get the idea?)
*Increase ticket count on 32 player maps by 25%. Again maybe higher on some maps.
*Adjust spawn points on all maps and sizes in IO. Maybe more flags, or place them better so teams are balanced, edit cap time, and radius if possible.
*Either allow some maps to have transports, or give all maps transports without any mounted guns (but allow troops to fire their own weapons. Depending on how large the map and how critical they are, add more. Some maps could do away with them.
*Allow SF players (who launched SF not vanilla), to play on a SF server that can include normal BF2 maps into rotation.
*If a server plays only Euro Forces or Armored Fury, give the "2" icon it's respective color (blue or orange).
*Bring back squad hopping, of give the squad leader a chance to get revived longer (can opt for it).
*Tweak unlocks so they are not nublocks. Unlocks should be alternatives because stock weapons are not the same for every army. G36E gives medic players burst firepower if they prefer it over full-auto, not G36E over the M16 because it's much more accurate. A good example of what unlocks should do is the M96 or the L96 give players bolt action over semi-auto sniper rifles because they prefer that.
*Better hit registration and video sync.
*Game stability has improved which I am grateful of, but crashes still happen. I've played many games where crashes were almost non-existent, so why can't BF2 reach that kind of stability?
*MAKE THE BOOSTERS FREE! They are most likely not making much money off of them anymore, and it would increase both booster activity, especially for Euro Forces.
*Friendlies should be able to flag enemy mines and claymores.
*EU weapons should be unlocks in Special Forces. SF weapons can be used in BF2, why can't some BF2 weapons be used in SF? Obvious choice is the EU weapons. If SF weapons weren't mostly borrowed from MEC, it wouldn't be too hard to select weapons from the PLA, USMC, MEC, and EU to be SF unlocks.
*New BF2 map that is a PLA urban map. It would be cool if it was in Europe, and featured the EU.
*Snipers that spot enemy targets last longer on the minimap than normal.
*Anti-tankers who spot enemy vehicles last longer on the minimap than normal.
*Blowing up commander assets results in 1.5 points, not just one. 2 might be ok.
*Spec Op class gets 6 items of C4.
*AT class can get use flashbangs if they use stock weapons, as in not using the unlocks.

Oh yea... make EU weapons SF unlocks! In order to have these unlocks though... you need to buy Euro Forces and play it for 25-50 hours.

This is stuff on my wish list. Too big for a minor patch, I know.

{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank wrote:

I would rather them fix the hit boxes before tampering with anything else.
This above post nearly made me gag on my own bail .

The GUNS DONT NEED NERFING
B-Scimitar
Defeating your warriors.
+116|6419|Espoo, Finland
Bug fixes FTW!
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6640|Washington, DC

Hellogoodsir wrote:

That's the only reason the Typhoon is worth using. If you take away its "magic missile evasion" then it's like the F-35 v. the J-10, because the Typhoon has the shittiest handling ever.

edit: The G36E is the only nerf that would really truly be justified. Bring back the noob tubes and C4 chucking for all I care, but dear god do something about this noob rifle that takes zero zip skill to use.

Last edited by Hurricane (2006-11-12 04:50:39)

ECH
+50|6653|Some where near you
I am sick and tired of people wanting weapons and assets nerfed even more.  It screams "I was owned by the G3, PKM, G36E, claymore, etc nerf!".  When in fact it wasn't the weapon that owned you it was the person using the weapon that had a better CPU then YOU!!!!!!

It's not the weapon, its the person using it and, having a better CPU thats owning you in some cases.  I know this is true because I use to own a P4 3.2 and it was crap for BF2 bullet hit recognition.  It also limited the range where bullets would register a hit (L85A1 would not register hits at scope range) and, having a crappy CPU limited my ability to get the full damage allowed.  I would only getting 1/2 to 1/3 damage from the G3 or sniper rifles for example.  This in turned caused me to get owned because the player with the better CPU was would register better hit detection and get the full benefit of damage per round.  This continued until I went to a P4 660 OC to 4.2Ghz. 
I started to see that:
-The L85A1 can in fact snipe at scope range
-G3 is the best weapon in the game
-All sniper rifles acted pretty much the same
-PKM and RPK were deadly if used correctly
-Most of all I didn't die as much
I was actually able to relay on what the Wiki informed me of each weapon in game now.  Although you still need a decent GPU and 2 gigs of ram this is basically for graphics.  For computations  and predictions a P4 D series CPU or better and/or a AMD 64 3800+ or better CPU is best.  Although hackers use portion of the GPU to help them with predictions this is not allowed in game.

If the game is nerfed more you better believe that servers are going to drop like flies!!!! What I find consistent with people wanting the weapons and assets nerfed are those that run a crap computer. It's true that having a crap computer does cause disadvantage to playing BF2 because you only get a derivative of the weapons true power while everyone else gets the full potential when they have a decent computer.  They get owned and want it nerfed so everyone is basically dumbed down to their computer's level.  To be honest those having the greatest difficulty with weapon accuracy, getting the full damage amount per shot that hits a combatant, and registering hits at scope range (L85A1) are those still using P4 (netburst) CPUs.  Why?  Because those processors relay solely on netburts, SSE and SSE2 optimizations which BF2 does not use.  So where does that leave us?  With a bunch of underpowered CPU users wanting the game nerfed to their level while those who can afford a decent CPU are penalized.  Can't you afford a Intel D930 or better below $150 or an AMD 64 3800+ or better which is under a 100 Freaking Dollars including shipping on Newegg!!! You pay that much every 1-4 months on your ISP BILL!!!!

About 2 months ago the average was 185K to 190K with a player to server rate below 8%.  That was pretty good.  Now it's roughly 174K which is a BIG DROP with player to server rate at only 9% (roughly).  Do you know what that means? It meas that servers are dropping from BF2 more so then players or you would see a higher % servers to player.  Now if Dice continues to nerf this game instead of improving it, their will be more people looking for less servers.  Because those that run them will turn to something else to rid themselves of the bullcrap!!

Last edited by ECH (2006-11-12 05:18:42)

Hurricane
Banned

ECH wrote:

I am sick and tired of people wanting weapons and assets nerfed even more.  It screams "I was owned by the G3, PKM, claymore, etc nerf it so I don't get owned".  When in fact it wasn't the weapon that owned you it was the person using the weapon that had a better CPU then YOU!!!!!!

It's not the weapon, its the person using it and, having a better CPU that's owning you in some cases.  I know this is true because I use to own a P4 3.2 and it was crap for BF2 hit recognition.  It also limited my range (L85A1 would not register hits at scope range) and, having a crappy CPU limited my ability to get the full  damage allowed only getting 1/2 to 1/3 damage which required more rounds.  This in turned cased me to get owned because the player with the better CPU wouldn't require the same number of rounds.  This continued until I went to a P4 660 OC to 4.2.  I started to see that the L85A1 can in fact snipe!!! I also found out you can get 1 shot kills with the sniper rifle, etc.   I was actually able to relay on what the Wiki informed me of each weapon instead of what I though was best.  Although you need a decent GPU and 2 gigs of ram this is only dependent on the graphics more so then the computations needed to hit recognition.  This is purely CPU bound.  Although hackers use portion of the GPU to help them with predictions.

If the game is nerfed more you better believe that servers are going to drop like flies!!!! What I find consistent with people wanting the weapons and assets nerfed are those that run a crap computer. It's true that having a crap computer does cause disadvantage to playing BF2 because you only get a derivative of the weapons true power while everyone else gets the full potential when they have a decent computer.  They get owned and want it nerfed so everyone is basically dumbed down to their computer's level.  To be honest those having the greatest difficulty with weapon accuracy, getting the full damage amount per shot that hits a combatant, and registering hits at scope range (L85A1) are those still using P4 (netburst) CPUs.  Why?  Because those processors relay solely on netburts, SSE and SSE2 optimizations which BF2 does not use.  So where does that leave us?  With a bunch of underpowered CPU users wanting the game nerfed to their level while those who can afford a decent CPU are penalized.  Can't you afford a Intel D930 or better below $150 or an AMD 64 3800+ or better which is under a 100 Freaking Dollars including shipping on Newegg!!! You pay that much every 1-4 months on your ISP BILL!!!!

About 2 months ago the average was 185K to 190K with a player to server rate below 8%.  That was pretty good.  Now it's roughly 174K which is a BIG DROP with player to server rate at only 9% (roughly).  Do you know what that means? It meas that servers are dropping from BF2 more so then players or you would see a higher % servers to player.  Now if Dice continues to nerf this game instead of improving it, their will be more people looking for less servers.  Because those that run them will turn to something else to rid themselves of the bullcrap!!
Why the fuck did you re post this?
ECH
+50|6653|Some where near you
And, I also wonder who actually tried the usersettings.con tweaks to match their ping to the ping of the server??
DisasterMaster
+5|6414|(0,0,0)
I agree that they really shouldn't mess with anything that's related to the core of the game, except the obvious such that It'd be justified. The J10 for example, is better then the F35B in all aspects. The G36E is better then the m16 in all aspects. Everything else is balanced in my opinion (with slight exception to the Medic and Assault balance, but Medic doesn't get a G3, which is best gun in the game . G3>G36E).
HeadShotAK47
Hand's shaken' / Heart's beatn' / Still Shootin'
+32|6736|Ft. Laudy, FL, USA
There will not be anymore support/patches for BF2. Why doesn't anyone realize this. Don't beleive EA just because they tell you there will be. Now, it's just a matter of time before they stop tracking stats.
Chief_(OwNaGe)
+46|6454

HeadShotAK47 wrote:

There will not be anymore support/patches for BF2. Why doesn't anyone realize this. Don't beleive EA just because they tell you there will be. Now, it's just a matter of time before they stop tracking stats.
oh noes not teh stats they are liek my life!!!11!!

/sarcasm
lumpkin
+1|6661|USA
I think it would be cool if you had weapon jams and had to push a key to clear your weapon. 
............TAP, RACK, BANG baby!!!!!
This would be more realistic
greenhaven
+47|6476

lumpkin wrote:

I think it would be cool if you had weapon jams and had to push a key to clear your weapon. 
Are you kidding me? This is probably the worst idea I have ever heard.

Anyways, my suggestions:

-C4 can be thrown short distances (about 5 meters)
-SMG's all get one or two more magazines
-New maps
Phrozenbot
+632|6626|do not disturb

My post Knight?

Hurricane wrote:

Hellogoodsir wrote:

That's the only reason the Typhoon is worth using. If you take away its "magic missile evasion" then it's like the F-35 v. the J-10, because the Typhoon has the shittiest handling ever.

edit: The G36E is the only nerf that would really truly be justified. Bring back the noob tubes and C4 chucking for all I care, but dear god do something about this noob rifle that takes zero zip skill to use.
You know as well as I do that a really good pilot in the euro fighter is hard to take out because of that deflective chobham armor. They need to make it good on it's own merits, not to cover up it's shitty flight characteristics.
pwned7
+53|6588
im just gonna express my side as well as alot of other ppl's ideas by saying the following:

1. NERF the g36e (way too good and has no recoil in burst mode) as well as the support guns. they cant be as accurate as they are now in bf2. maybe just a touch less accurate (on the first shot), with the same recoil would do the trick. (you can basically snipe with them atm). this goes especially with the PKM.
2. an option for less nades in INF maps (maybe 1 nade per player, or 2 nades per person. 4 is wayy too many and causes nade spam)
3. last but not least - hit registration! this is a MUST for bug fixes. this is not at all acceptable in a game, where the main objective is to kill your enemy. every time this happens, (and happens to me once out of every 5 bullets that are shot), your are basically losing a kill and gaining in a death. AND you have to wait 15 seconds to respawn. SO ANNOYING!!! btw you also lose ur position on the map. GHEY!
4. ohh yeah. and NERF THE G36E AGAIN!!!! damn noobs are as good as higher ranks with it i rekn if it was made less powerful, it would be mush better, but a better solution would be to make it have the same accurace as the m16 (the normal gun for the US medic). this would be perfect, as ppl would then go with the gun they like the sites of.

Last edited by pwned7 (2006-11-13 01:02:15)

Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6796|Bulgaria
I would like to see at least these things in the patch:
1. Fix the missile bug - the TOW missile goes through the target! Sometimes I fire and nothing happens, too.
2. Fix the in-game "add favorite" server FFS! It used to work before!
3. Add 1 new map - it would be great to see a Chinese vs. MEC map!!!!

Please, EA / DICE, do something about this!
Puppy
+11|6672
the squad membe request thing and maybe a new map...PLA AND MEC FFS
montypythizzle
+21|6613
Things to nerf:
J10 (duh shoot the euro down with mgs duh)
G36E maybe one or two damage points
1 or 2 nades in IO
Things to UP:
mp5 it sucks
the chinese smg
bh guns and armor....
maybe give the dao more rounds more clips for all the smgs

new map:
pla v mec duh no brainer ak action w00t
Phrozenbot
+632|6626|do not disturb

The DAO-12 does not need anymore ammo. One of the biggest noob guns in the game.
lumpkin
+1|6661|USA

greenhaven wrote:

lumpkin wrote:

Are you kidding me? This is probably the worst idea I have ever heard.

Anyways, my suggestions:

-C4 can be thrown short distances (about 5 meters)
-SMG's all get one or two more magazines
-New maps
It's not a bad idea.

It's a realistic idea!!!!!
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6702|Calgary
I'd leave well enought alone, however, a couple of new maps would be nice.
Anfidurl
Use the bumper, that's what its for!
+103|6603|Lexington, Kentucky
We need a PLA city map.
We need some of the stuff they cut from the game to get it out the door, too.
Eg. "Armour here, where do you need me?"

Oh yeah, and make Engineering points a bit more sane. Medics can get 30 points just by dropping kits, but we have to spend 10 minutes wrenching to get one measly point?!

Last edited by Anfidurl (2006-11-13 17:34:31)

Drexel
+43|6486|Philadelphia
I'm tired of everyone saying all these guns need nerfed.  Every post you see on this forums is "Oh my god! the PKM and G36E are so good!  EA needs to lessen their influence."  But if EA ever did this, (which they never will) thoes same people will just complain about something else.  Eventually it'll be "OH MY GOD! THE MP5 IS SO GOOD!!! NERF IT!!!" 

What I propose is the exact opposite.  In real life battle, no one would survive 5 shots to the chest armored or not with the MP5.  In the same aspects, no one would survive a .50 cal sniper or AA (on the tank genious) fire to the chest armored or not.  What I propose is that all sniper fire would be 1 shot critical wounded to the head (I know, but you'll never get EA to give a KILL to a sniper) or chest.  Also, the AA guns as well as armor secondary machine guns would not overheat, rather have 50 or so ammo rounds that need to be reloaded. 

As for all the other weapons, I think that they should be 3 shots to armored players and 2 shot to non-armored incapacibilities (critically wounded for you younger folks).  The argument might come out "Hey, if I can kill a guy with 2 shots, why am I not using the P90?"  My suggestion would be for the programers to tweak the accuracy/shot deviation and make it compairable to the rate of fire.  Sure they MP7 can pump out over 1000 rounds a minute, but the accuracy is terrible unless you're in close combat.  This could easially be outmatched by a PKM that has a slower rate of fire, but a somewhat more accurate shot in comparison.  Then there would be all the in-betweens, the M16 is a quick shot with burst, but it's burst fire isn't as accurate as an AK with a slower rate of fire. 

Now, my origional reason for posting this was not to pour out my guts on how the weapons should be modded, it's just because over half of the posts in this topic are to nerf a few (and if that happened, eventually nerf all weapons).  My origional reason for posting this is for the programers to add at least a slight noise when a .50 cal AA gun is ripping your chopper to shreads.  I think in real life, you'd at least hear a little noise of the bullets puncturing every part of your chopper. 

Oh, I just though of something else too.  I know this will never happen either because the script for this will be way too hard for the EA staff to do (I'm being sarcastic if you can't tell.  The reason they'd never do this is it's a lot of work and they'd never do it for a game that they'd consider past it's prime).  I'd love to see when a vehicle gets dammaged that it's handeling would become hindered.  If you dammage a chopper for example, It'd be harder to turn or something. 

I could go on for ever, but I feel I'm probably boring most of you.  I just feel that you would take these ideas and think of them instead of what 90+% of the guys who read this will do... think to themselves "this guy has no idea what he's talking about, He is a noob for thinking along these lines"

=WFC=Goa.Drexel[BF2]
Hurricane
Banned

Another needed fix: 1.4 fucked up projectiles. Go into a tank, hit C once, and fire the cannon. Notice how the shell fires out not from the barrel but from a bit to the side. What the fuck? Go into first person mode too, notice the shell fires from the center. This happens with the machine gun too, and the cannons on jets. Why it does this is beyond me, but it's stupid and needs to be fixed.
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6831|Delaware
I expect The Fundamental Calculus Theorem of Vector Analysis:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/math/4/a/7/4a7f1b76928d1e6228f4fe77b69488ff.png

Last edited by SysTray (2006-11-13 18:50:04)

TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6652|can

DisasterMaster wrote:

The G36E is better then the m16 in all aspects.
No,no,no and No.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard