JovesApples
+4|6470|USA
how does it work exactly?

i can never get a gun unlocked with a FU

sux, my first gun unlock was the Ganz and i am less than impressed with its performance, i think i should have gotten the Baur or the Lambert first...

i mean its ok but not very versatile and i get killed alot using it
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6792|EUR
Join squads and follow attack/defend orders - then you will get FU
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6613|Michigan, USA
Field upgrades will allow you to only unlock one item from each tree, no matter how many field upgrades you get, and will only allow you to upgrade to the next available item in the tree, for example if you have the EMP mines unlcoked for enginner, the next item would be the Repair gun.
JovesApples
+4|6470|USA
see, say in assault, i have the adv medi hub and the netbat officially unlocked, i squad lead more than anything in the game so i get FU's all the time if my squad forms up... then i can unlock the smoke nade and the rocket, after which the 2 assault guns show up in the menu but cannot be chosen...

Last edited by JovesApples (2006-11-11 16:38:56)

Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6712|UK
noob
l41e
+677|6665

Samtheman53 wrote:

noob
What was the point of this?
JovesApples
+4|6470|USA
who cares about that...

does anyone know how to answer the question?
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6765|Mark it zero.

JovesApples wrote:

see, say in assault, i have the adv medi hub and the netbat officially unlocked, i squad lead more than anything in the game so i get FU's all the time if my squad forms up... then i can unlock the smoke nade and the rocket, after which the 2 assault guns show up in the menu but cannot be chosen...
yes they will show up but you can not unlock them. if you already used an unlock on the smoke grenade then you would be able to go up to the voss with a field upgrade. the field upgrades only allow you to move up one unlock tier.
l41e
+677|6665

The next time you're in a squad, look in the upper left of your screen. You'll see something that says "(1) SQUAD MEMBER" (or whatever squad you're in). Right below that is a partially gray, partially green bar. The bar fills up when any member of your squad, including you, does something that benefits the squad (not sure how this is defined.) When it fills up (green goes all the way across), you get a field upgrade.

You can pick a field upgrade for the 1 next unlock in any tree, including squad leader/global. However, you can only choose one from each tree. (e.g. you can't field-upgrade the II-14 EMP mines, then the repair upgrade, then the motion mines, and finally SAAW 86 - you can get the EMP mines and then you can't field-upgrade up that tree anymore).

You lose your field upgrades when you disconnect from the server which you got them on. It doesn't matter if you leave the squad or switch teams. You can use the same field upgrades on both teams (the SAAW 86 will look different, but that's the only thing that will be different).
cospengle
+140|6504|Armidale, NSW, Australia

k30dxedle wrote:

Samtheman53 wrote:

noob
LOL The game's been out for what, a month, and people already think they're not a noob.
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6680|under there hayousaidunderwear

cospengle wrote:

k30dxedle wrote:

Samtheman53 wrote:

noob
LOL The game's been out for what, a month, and people already think they're not a noob.
I'm not a noob in the game
AoWs-Avantek
+3|6429|New York
In order to get a field upgrade just join a squad where the squad leader gives orders and people follow the orders on the top left corner theres an indication in green on your progres twords the next field upgrade. How fast you get it depends on how many people kill in the order radius. The more your squad works togther the faster you get them.
JovesApples
+4|6470|USA
lol

well to the folks trying to answer that obviously didnt even read what i said...

i have 22 hours as SL
7 hours as SM
2 hours as commander

so i think i understand the how to earn a field upgrade, m'kay?

anyhow i figured out whats going on with it,

to get the baur you need to have the rocket unlocked thru rank and not field upgrades,

wish i would have read this clearly before i chose the ganz, it seems like a better idea to get the gun unlocks last since you can easily unlock them in a few rounds as long as the basic reqs are met
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6777

k30dxedle wrote:

Samtheman53 wrote:

noob
The point was you didn't read the answer.

r2zoo wrote:

Field upgrades will allow you to only unlock one item from each tree, no matter how many field upgrades you get, and will only allow you to upgrade to the next available item in the tree, for example if you have the EMP mines unlcoked for enginner, the next item would be the Repair gun.

JovesApples wrote:

Salgurdar
+6|6406|Melbourne, Australia

Samtheman53 wrote:

noob
Wanker
INFERNO552
One shot wonder
+62|6457|canada

Salgurdar wrote:

Samtheman53 wrote:

noob
Wanker