MrSuave
+0|6839
when i try to assign crouch as left shift it says it is already assigned to helicopter controls!! and there is no left shift assigned to anything in helicopter!!! WTF???!!!
how do i make crouch left shift?!?!?!?
Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6760|St. Paul, MN
I had this same problem. what is left shift assigned to in helicopter controls.
I was trying to bind crouch for infantry when that same button was bound to flares and smoke for vehicles...not sure how i got it to work tho...
Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6760|St. Paul, MN
If you really cant get it to work after a while, try manually changing the config file
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6803

Kkookie wrote:

If you really cant get it to work after a while, try manually changing the config file
thats what i did.
MrSuave
+0|6839

Kkookie wrote:

and how do i do this?? i cant seem to find it
MrSuave
+0|6839
bump
Crap.Bag
+5|6730
Yes please because I have this problem too

Even though it says my crouch is assigned to Right CTRL it's still only working with the left crouch, now this has made me an ultimate jump/proner as I always used crouch to take aim but I do miss it

How do you change the config file, the one I thought was right seemed to have loads of jargon in it
MrSuave
+0|6839
bump

no one knows how get to the config file?!?!?1
divided
Clear!
+3|6790
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Settings\Default\Controls

I believe that's the folder that houses the config files..although I don't know what does what.
MrSuave
+0|6839

divided wrote:

I believe that's the folder that houses the config files..although I don't know what does what.
oh... well all there is in that file is ".con" files and i open them with notepad and there is alot of mumbo jumbo in their...i dont want to go and just change things and thus screwing it up... it looks like their is a speacial way to input things..anyone know how? and where to change crouch....like wat .con file(there is 7 files)..and if i do change one thoing from one file do i need to change something in any other file??if so wat would i need to change?
occamsrezr
+7|6731
Just reset all the controls back to default and reconfigure.  That's what I did, and it works now.
HOLLYWOOD=_=FTW=_=
+31|6568
Ya i reset all my controls to default and it didnt work still said that i had it assigned in the helicopter controls so i reset my controls again and now im at square 1. Can anyone give me some more info as to how to modify the config file and if its gonna affect my game for stuff like punkbuster and stuff. Pls PM me.
san4
The Mas
+311|6705|NYC, a place to live
This link has a long series of posts on editing the controls file manually.

http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattle … 36&p=1

You can probably find a few threads on this if you search for 'controls.con'.

Hope that helps.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6644|Warlord

HOLLYWOOD=_=FTW=_= wrote:

...and if its gonna affect my game for stuff like punkbuster and stuff.
Nope, you're totally fine on that front. You can even change many of the localisation file entries (for larger kill messages with +2 in orange etc.) without a prob.
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6420|Alberta, Canada
... Which shows why the man responsible for creating the BF2 menu must be shot.

It takes me half an hour, but eventually I can set up the controls how I like it in BF2.
Turtle
+7|6774|Boulder, CO

divided wrote:

Actually it's in your user folder. I had the exact same problem, I always put LSHIFT as my crouch and since dice won't fix the options you have to mod the txt file to be able to double map a key. It's actually going to be under c:\documents and settings\<username>\battlefield 2\con\001controls.con
or something close to that. I'm not at home to make sure but you can find it. The controls.con file in the game directory doesn't change anything.
Mad Ad
+178|6528|England, UK
Yeah the interface is crap, wrong numbers for the stick and cant bind random things for no apparent reason.

To fix that yourself youd have to open up your accounts controls.con in windows notepad (!! not wordpad) and scroll right down to the bottom to a short section called

ControlMap.create defaultPlayerInputControlMap

there look down the list until you see a line that starts

ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PICrouch

(there may be 2 lines, use the first one ONLY!).

Paste this whole line over the top of it

ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PICrouch IDFKeyboard IDKey_LeftShift 0 0

Save it and that should do it. Let me know how you got on.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard