Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6701|The Ville
Compton I would have to say. We were like that white family that got off on the wrong exit.

Last edited by Obiwan (2006-11-11 11:45:10)

AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6651|Seattle, WA
Interesting question, completely subjective and anecdotal, I don't know what you're looking for here.  I haven't visited to many bad places, but downtown Tacoma aint that great.

Cities with highest crime rate PER capita:
1. Los Angeles, CA
2. Tacoma, WA

Tacoma use to smell really bad (what used to be known around here as the Tacoma Aroma) but they got their lumber mills under control now.    Have a good day IG.
Nomer
+10|6705|North of Boston
A lot of people mentioning DC, I go to school there now and it's bad unless you end up in the NE/SE parts (the city is in quadrants and all the tourists and basically everything are NW and the SW is so small it barely exists).  To be fair when you go by state/region and per capita murder rates in the US the South consistently leads and DC isn't nearly as bad as it was 10-20.  Cities like DC are far more dangerous to visit than to live in (if you live in a decent section of the city), tourists/visitors are easy targets who often don't know where they are going.

Honestly one of the more frightening places I've ever been was a Wendy's just off 81 in Scranton, PA, just a strange place featuring a guy in an NRA shooting skills camp T-shirt.  And yeah, he drove a POS pickup and chewed tobacco.  It wasn't fear so much as amazement at how pathetic the place was, just a weird scene.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6681|Canberra, AUS
Bangkok. Goddamn, all the drivers seem to be on pure caffeine or something.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6601|Iceland
I've heard bad things about Newcastle... in Iceland we dont have any ''ghettos'' or high crime so.....

other than that we dont have riots or anything, the last and first time in icelandic history that teargas was used was in 1940something -__-''

but outside of Iceland it would be some parts of New York : /
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6827|Delaware
Camden, New Jersey. I think 3 people got stabbed the ONE day I stayed there.
Rick_O_Shea678
Angry Engy
+95|6760
Another vote for Washington DC here.
HM1{N}
+86|6651|East Coast via Los Angeles, CA

CameronPoe wrote:

This will make you laugh, given that I've been to Palestine, but the list is in the following order:

1. Washington, DC, USA [dia-fucking-bolical]
2. Tel Aviv, Israel (anywhere in Israel/Palestine actually)
3. Ciudad de Panamá, Republica de Panamá
4. Belfast, Occupied Six Counties, Ireland
5. Glasgow, United Kingdom

Safest feeling:

1. Stockholm, Sweden
2. Munich, Germany
3. Helsinki, Finland
4. Istanbul, Turkey
5. La Habana, Cuba

Cities that were safer than I expected them to be:

1. New York City, New York, USA
2. Chicago, Illinois, USA
I guess you have never been where I grew up:  East Los Angeles, Ca.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6770

Francistown in Botswana.

Four under-12 year olds each with an AK-100 series, didnt dare get closer to figure out what it was. Another 16 yr-old or so kid with a M249 minimi. Where that came from I don't know. The bank was guarded by three men (not soldiers, just fat badly dressed men) with G3's and i think what was a Tavor. One particular street had a few empty shell casings on the ground... that was a scary place.

And I thought Soweto was bad. Every 2 minutes someone gets raped, every 5 minutes someone gets murdered.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6770

my bad double posted.

Spark wrote:

Bangkok. Goddamn, all the drivers seem to be on pure caffeine or something.
True, Thai Red Bull is the water which drivers live on here. I think last month was the lowest number of Red Bull induced car accidents. Not because some guy gets super hyper, but because some guy crashes after almost a week of no sleep and then crashes on the highway. Averages I think 2-3 a month.

Last edited by Coolbeano (2006-11-12 08:31:22)

UNDIESRULES
+4|6687
Al Amarah Iraq, a close second is Belfast in marching season.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6674

Nomer wrote:

A lot of people mentioning DC, I go to school there now and it's bad unless you end up in the NE/SE parts (the city is in quadrants and all the tourists and basically everything are NW and the SW is so small it barely exists).  To be fair when you go by state/region and per capita murder rates in the US the South consistently leads and DC isn't nearly as bad as it was 10-20.  Cities like DC are far more dangerous to visit than to live in (if you live in a decent section of the city), tourists/visitors are easy targets who often don't know where they are going.

Honestly one of the more frightening places I've ever been was a Wendy's just off 81 in Scranton, PA, just a strange place featuring a guy in an NRA shooting skills camp T-shirt.  And yeah, he drove a POS pickup and chewed tobacco.  It wasn't fear so much as amazement at how pathetic the place was, just a weird scene.
LOL.  In Oak Ridge, Tennessee, I saw a used car dealership commercial advertising a free rifle with every purchase...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard