SteikeTa
+153|6765|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Not a single complaint about J10's before 1.2, yet the only thing they've changed are the missles and all of a sudden it's "impossible" to bring down a j10.

pathetic.
If only more people could be as 1337 as you...
turkeybacon
+50|6462|Dragon Valley
I hate the bastards that bail right before I shoot them down

But I think I should start doing that in the F35
Turtle
+7|6774|Boulder, CO

-r3-anubis wrote:

I can take down J-10's in Dalian Plant, put supply drop next to the essex. When you lock on the J-10 shoot all your missiles and the supply drop will keep giving u more so you have a better chance of taking it down. Though the missiles WILL end up hitting a team mate eventually. That is the only downside.
I don't think this thread was meant to be j-10 vs. essex cannon. But on a side note, I've never tried that but I don't see how it would work. You have to expend all your missiles to be able to reload. I'm pretty sure at least.. and since I've played the everloving crap out of this game I think I would know without having to think about it.

However if you're talking about supplying a motionless f-35 on the essex... you're dead.

Last edited by Turtle (2006-11-11 11:08:54)

Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6566|EUtopia | Austria

turkeybacon wrote:

I hate the bastards that bail right before I shoot them down

But I think I should start doing that in the F35
I was in that situation today.
I said to myself when taking off "Let's be a coward, let's bail out as we hear that beepy noise!" - and so I did.
Luckily I landed on a tank, captured it and drove some little Chinese people crazy while capping flags. Guess what, I won the gold medal.

M1A2 > J10. As long as the enemy pilot sucks.

Oh and by the way - I really wanna see the best pilot here dodging missiles in the F-35B without extreme luck - as long as I'm far enough from him he can't escape my lock - the only thing he can possibly do is to bail out. Although I almost managed to escape today, when I just pulled up into the sky to gain speed, it was just a matter of time the enemy got on my tail again - frustrating.
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6566|EUtopia | Austria

Turtle wrote:

But on a side note, I've never tried that but I don't see how it would work. You have to expend all your missiles to be able to reload. I'm pretty sure at least.. and since I've played the everloving crap out of this game I think I would know without having to think about it.
You're wrong, it actually works - have you ever recognized that in the ESSEX gun there's no amount of magazines that you got left to blow out? Thus the ESSEX seems to be capable of auto reloading single missiles.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6788|PNW

davblos wrote:

TwistedX wrote:

J-10's are easy to take down, if you know how.
please enlighten me, would love to know.

Xietsu wrote:

I guess the point is to gain altitudes in the 700 </= 850 range, because you can reach speeds of up to 3.5K MPH, and I am pretty sure that the J-10 can't (stress on the uncertainty).
Every one of these quotes makes a partial point. The J-10's are as easy as any other plane to take down if you get the drop on them. Try to blow them with your MG's in a couple of seconds. Reserve missiles for when you know they're just not going to just jink away and missile your slow-assed jet up the tailpipe for your efforts.

Additionally, flying at high altitudes is a good way to get a J-10 off your tail, but not if it decides to follow you up there. It will still have better maneuverability, and ram a rocket up your ass regardless of how much afterburner you have left. Another risk in this involves the unrealistic flight physics sanctioned by the developers, that will cause a jet to careen out of control at a few thousand feet, and then off the map. Death will usually occur before you'll be able to correct, resulting in one plane you won't see respawning for awhile. And an experienced J-10 pilot will stay below the virtual ceiling. Proper dogfights are pretty much nonexistent in BF2 nowadays, due to the insane tracking and warp-travel capacity of AA munitions. Three things to remember:

• You cannot out-wee-wobble a J-10 in any other BF2 jet. If you do, log it as pilot error on your opponent J-10's part.
  • The only thing that can out-wee-wobble a J-10 in BF2 is another J-10. And then it will come down to skill vs. skill.
  • Afterburners are wasted on extended evasive maneuvers.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-11-11 12:04:35)

Turtle
+7|6774|Boulder, CO

Stormscythe wrote:

Turtle wrote:

But on a side note, I've never tried that but I don't see how it would work. You have to expend all your missiles to be able to reload. I'm pretty sure at least.. and since I've played the everloving crap out of this game I think I would know without having to think about it.
You're wrong, it actually works - have you ever recognized that in the ESSEX gun there's no amount of magazines that you got left to blow out? Thus the ESSEX seems to be capable of auto reloading single missiles.
Well I can't say as I've tried it. Seems like a waste unless you're trapped on the carrier, in which case it would get bombed/artied anyway.
Seaneroo
+12|6675
Here's a suggestion: STFU and ground pound for a while.   You'll discover a whole new aspect to the game you didn't even know existed.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard