wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6458|UK
Hey I'm jsut wondering how long did you guys fly with a mouse and keyboard and how long did it take you to fully adapt to using a joystick. I have just brought a joystick and seem to be doing very poor.
Djbrown
+129|6494|Adelaide, Aussieland
Make sure youve got the right set up.

Does the joystick have a swivel axis? if not its gonna make it hard to fly better with the joystick. other than that it took me about 1 week to get as good with the joy as i was with m & k. course now joystick im 100 times better than I was with m & k.
alpinestar
+304|6594|New York City baby.
"Once you go black you never go back" same analogy for keyboard +mouse to joystick conversion.
Scorpian65
+14|6736
Before playing BF2, I played MOH Spearhead for about a year. Prior to that I spent 4 yrs playing combat flight sims, so when BF2 came out I grabbed the joystick and started flying. I cant fly to save my arse with the K&M.
CrazeD
+368|6671|Maine
I never flew with a mouse and keyboard, I started with a joystick. It took me like... a week maybe, to get used to it.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6458|UK
Ah I see thank you all for answering my question, I have improved a bit since yesterday still a burden to my team so I play on empty servers.
s()mtingWong
+48|6691
It took me about a week to really be comfortable using the joystick because i already had a good feel of flying using mouse and keyboard.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6645
I used m&k until about 20 hours or so. Then I went out and bought a joystick. I sucked at first with it too. Took about another 5-10 hours to get used to it. Now I'd never go back. Patience is key.
ZekersSneakers
+8|6503
I used keyboard only for 90 hours, got a joystick and didn't like it at all. After about 5 hours I was convinced anything but a joystick is stupid .
Spiers.ckz
+10|6526
Didnt take long to get used to manuevering ... once i got it set up correctly ( kept getting the axis wrong )

Precission took a while longer, but now i am doing pretty good with the Machine guns with my Joystick. Machine gunning is alot more fun than rockets anyway.

Still fly copters with mouse and keyboard though...
Stun_Gun
The Tom Cruise of BF2 pilots
+102|6771|California, US
i have used a mouse and keyboard to fly my jet since i started and got use to it, when i got a joystick i went straight to shit.... yeah it was good for dogfighting but i found it very difficult to get use to taking out infy and helis, or even using my MG to shoot down a jet.
So i went back to the mouse
souljar
+8|6483|Liverpool U.K
M&k sucks ass !!
LT.Victim
+1,175|6561|British Columbia, Canada
I flew all Keyboard..

Took more then a week to get good with the joystick once i got one..

Took over a month to get good with it in the heli..

I can still fly a heli with All Keyboard pretty well.

But I cant fly for shit in a Jet with just keyboard anymore.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6458|UK
I'd like to thank you all for your responses I can only give karma, phew I thought getting a joystick would instantaneously improve my jet skills.
JT_001
+17|6418|Canada
I have been trying to fly using my Microsoft Sidewinder FF joystick.

I can maneuver my chopper relatively well in single player, but I find it very, very hard to actually shoot something during a ranked round.  Am I doing something wrong?

I've seen videos of chopper pilots circling a target perfectly.  I want to be this good, but I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Any tips for a chopper newbie?
jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

grasp the stick firmly but gently with your thumb at the tip

(joystick!=evolved)
s()mtingWong
+48|6691
As soon as i got the aviator and chopper expert medals/badges/ribbons, i retired from air combat and fell in love with infantry battles. I cant see myself getting easy kills flying either in chopper or jet all day, i mean its just to boring unless theres a good enemy pilot in the air. I dont think ill ever get the tank expert thats just to much f*cking hours EA want me to spend in just a tank, i'd rather spend the time hunting down enemys on the ground instead.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard