.|microphage
+4|6603|Vancouver, BC
so i finally got 4 unlocks (again) and i dunno what to choose. I made a mistake of unlocking the Ganz - although it's useful sometimes - and i dont know which is better; Lambert tree or Clark tree. Clark anygood? i find the shotguns rof is slow but the lambert has the capability to use the stabilzer. ah!!! opinions please!
Janysc
+59|6653|Norway
Lambert is fun; cloaking device, C7, and that improved NetBat or whatever it is. See link on my siggy for some hints to use the cloaking device.
As for the Clark tree, I'm climbing it now, but I'd take the Lambert first. A sniper rifle won't help you in CQC, but a support LMG sure as hell can.

Last edited by Janysc (2006-11-08 23:57:28)

StormEye
Sniper
+50|6615|Malibu

.|microphage wrote:

so i finally got 4 unlocks (again) and i dunno what to choose. I made a mistake of unlocking the Ganz - although it's useful sometimes - and i dont know which is better; Lambert tree or Clark tree. Clark anygood? i find the shotguns rof is slow but the lambert has the capability to use the stabilzer. ah!!! opinions please!
Even though the Lambert has an option for you to use Stabilizer to stop your drifting for short duration of time, remember that the Lambert is not the most accurate rifle. You would be much more useful up close due to its low damaging but VERY high ROF (It has ROF of submachine-gun but damage of a rifle). Of course it has less damage per round compared to assault rifle but the ROF and the ease of use will be able to cover it (in fact, it is said to have one of the most easy learning curves). Just try to avoid Long-Range confrontation, and use your IT-33 Camo to your advantage (you have to learn to use it effectively or else its going to be a HUGE "Free Point HERE" sign). But if the camo is used correctly, you can get a LOT of knife kills. If you want this tree, you might also want to consider having your Sprint Upgrades so that you can utilize FULL SPRINT with no armor as well.

Clark, for me, is a weapon that I use to fool around. Support class is not my personal preference at all, but I use this class just because of the Clark Shotgun due to the fact that it is immensely fun use. Not to mention that you get the pulse-meter which is a legitimate wall hack provided by DICE. You think the Shotgun ROF is low? It actually fires faster than what you think. Also, well placed single shot can take down a guy really fast (In some cases 1 shot up close). This weapon is a great defender of Titan along with Sentry Gun (You seem to have unlocked this due to your post saying that you have Ganz-HMG already). On top of that, you want some FAST ammo points? Advanced Ammo HUB will enable you to rearm your teammates faster, meaning you will get points faster with the same amount of time for people using it. Also, it is always handy to rearm yourself faster as well.

In my opinion, you should get the Lambert just so that you get a wider variety of weaponry to choose from while you choose your classes, but of course this always depend on your style of play.

Hope this has helped in your decision.
arson
+99|6607|New York
The Clark is great for anyone within 10 meters.  After that your just making noise.
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6615|Malibu

arson wrote:

The Clark is great for anyone within 10 meters.  After that your just making noise.
LoL! True that.

I have seriously seen a support player spraying his precious Clark Shotgun at me at 80m when I am using my Zeller-H... Result = His head missing
N.A.T.O
The People’s Champion
+59|6410|A drop house

arson wrote:

I here that man. Iv unlocked the Clark and it a great gun, But that said It took me a couple of bad scoring days to get used to it. But once you do its great, especially for titan combat. As for the Lambert it’s a must have for the recon class. It Gives you the ability to fight in close combat unlike the sniper rifles.
Sambuccashake
+126|6580|Sweden
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

The clark rocks. I hate 2142 for the number of unlocks though. So much damn choice.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
zeidmaan
+234|6385|Vienna

21 kills IAR on the titan with Clark is worth around 150 points
that can be helpfull

But Ive played with Clark most of my support clas time and you should know that one shot kills just dont happen that often. You have to be realy close (few meters). Also you have to be a good shot because there is no spread. So you have to aim directly for the chest to do damage. Its kind of a shotgun that fires one normal bullet

but its crazy times with it.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
get the calrk
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6762
Not forgetting that with the Clark, you have the advanced ammo hub which basically allows you to spam grenades - this is the most effective Titan corridor defence.  If there are two people spamming grenades, you'll pick up resupply points like nobody's business and defend your console completely.
FFOLKES
+39|6733
Try all the unlocks out for yourself and then make an informed decision.

FFOLKES Unlocks mod v1.01

Last edited by FFOLKES (2006-11-09 06:52:55)

.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6799
If you get the Clark you'll be able to use the sentry gun as well as the infantry detector for the ultimate in Titan defence. The lambert + RDX + Invis is more useful for general ground combat though.

I say go for the Clark, it's so much fun to use, Blam (+Titan defence score) Blam (+Titan defence score).....
Oh, just a note, if you get a lot of lag on the titan, don't get the Clarke as, despite being a shotgun, you have to be reasonable accurate, When it gets laggy, you'll do much better spraying the lambert in the general direction of the slideshow enemies.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6612|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
do the titan transporter glitch and get ALL the unlocks in about 3 hours
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6358|New York
i've been having some trouble getting used to the lambert for some reason. i think it's because it's a bit weaker than the engi's smg. i'm so used to being able to unload half a clip and being done with it. it doesn't appear to be as accurate either.

i like the unlocks that go with the lambert. the camo has gotten me a ton of knife kills.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
a_fraudulent_miracle
+7|6686|MoVal, Southern California
If you play engineer a lot, definitely go for the pilum unlock tree. You get the defuser and the vehicle tracker, which is teh ownz0rs when defending a silo from incoming transports, apcs, or FAVS. The defuser works wonders when people in the titan APM spam the corridors... you just prone, defuse, defuse, and defuse, then you tell your homies to rush balls deep with grenades and stuff, while a medic stands back in the distance to revive.

I don't have the lambert yet either, i'll probably get that after i unlock some abilities and squad leader gadgets.
MDKThePriest
+6|6532

.|microphage wrote:

the lambert has the capability to use the stabilzer.
The lambert cannot use the stabilzer...

"It only works on these three sniper rifles:

Morretti SR4 EU Sniper Rifle
Park 52 PAC Sniper Rifle
Zeller-H Advanced Sniper Rifle"

http://bf2142fever.com/content/Gruber_5_Stabilizer

If you liked playing Spec Ops in BF2 get the lambert, having RDX with an assault rifle is a must if you plan on using it in up close confrontations. It's a pretty solid gun, with an awesome reload animation . My roommate has the clark and he owns with it. It's a tough call but I'd go with the lambert

Last edited by MDKThePriest (2006-11-09 15:00:58)

a_fraudulent_miracle
+7|6686|MoVal, Southern California
so lambert FTW?
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6676|Antarctica

MDKThePriest wrote:

.|microphage wrote:

the lambert has the capability to use the stabilzer.
The lambert cannot use the stabilzer...

"It only works on these three sniper rifles:

Morretti SR4 EU Sniper Rifle
Park 52 PAC Sniper Rifle
Zeller-H Advanced Sniper Rifle"

http://bf2142fever.com/content/Gruber_5_Stabilizer

If you liked playing Spec Ops in BF2 get the lambert, having RDX with an assault rifle is a must if you plan on using it in up close confrontations. It's a pretty solid gun, with an awesome reload animation . My roommate has the clark and he owns with it. It's a tough call but I'd go with the lambert
Yes it can.

Quote from DICE:

DICE wrote:

12.  The Carbine can use the scope stabilizer, we changed it after Beta2. Don't know why you'd need it, but you can.

Last edited by VeNg3nCe^ (2006-11-09 15:26:48)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
Get the Lambert, once you get it the Recon will become useful instead of a crap loner sniper class.
doc. josh
+48|6515

zeidmaan wrote:

21 kills IAR on the titan with Clark is worth around 150 points
that can be helpfull

But Ive played with Clark most of my support clas time and you should know that one shot kills just dont happen that often. You have to be realy close (few meters). Also you have to be a good shot because there is no spread. So you have to aim directly for the chest to do damage. Its kind of a shotgun that fires one normal bullet

but its crazy times with it.
u mean it fires a slug
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
no it doesn't fire a slug, it's buck shot.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6491|Austin, Texas
They both roxor my soxors.

So, yes. If you like titan mode more, go lambert. If you like conquest, clark.
Inspect@hDeck
+23|6396|Browntown
The Clark is actually a  lot better than most people say it is. However, if you're going to try and kill anyone past 10 meteres, you are going to have to bunnyhop a lot. Or, if you want to be sneaky, hide behind something, shoot once, duck, shoot again, repeat until the dude is dead. Half the time they run towards you because they want the same cover.

And, the GANZ is actually the worst weapon ever. You'd probably have more success tossing babies at the enemy as opposed to trying to shoot them.

Last edited by Inspect@hDeck (2006-11-09 19:32:54)

straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6505|Edmonton Alberta
they will probably tweak the ganz and make it alot better....eventually

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard