Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6788|Bulgaria
I've only played the demo and I would never buy this game, but I am curious to know if there are in-game ads in it... You know, there were such rumors before it came out. So PLZ tell me... And show some screenshots, if there are ads

Last edited by Nikola Bathory (2006-11-09 03:52:09)

Sambuccashake
+126|6612|Sweden
I don't believe they've started using them yet.

At the moment there are "recruitment posters" for the PAC and EU army and whatnot but nothing commersial as of yet.
sargey
+0|6681
I see Pentium core duo ad's all the time.

I mainly play UK servers
Jussimies
Finnish commander whore
+76|6585|Finland

sargey wrote:

I mainly play UK servers
Are they server pictures? Cause when I load some servers UK. I have core duo/extreme ads as a server picture.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6794

sargey wrote:

I mainly play UK servers
I've yet to see anything except recruitment posters in UK servers.
d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6686|Hell's prison
havent seen em yet, cept for the militaristic recruiting posters for the EU or PAC.  Its just ignorant for people to insist they arent buying a game because of in-game ads, it dosent steal from your gameplay, its just there...thats all.
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6538|Chicago

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

havent seen em yet, cept for the militaristic recruiting posters for the EU or PAC.  Its just ignorant for people to insist they arent buying a game because of in-game ads, it dosent steal from your gameplay, its just there...thats all.
I don't think he's not buying 2142 because of the ads, but because the demo sucked so bad.
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6482|Purdue

RedTwizzler wrote:

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

I don't think he's not buying 2142 because of the ads, but because the demo sucked so bad.
True dat. But the full version rox0rz my sox0rz.
AoWs-Avantek
+3|6413|New York
Demo sucked because you didnt have unlocks.
zeidmaan
+234|6416|Vienna

It shouldn matter from what country the server is in but from what country you are playing from.
Rummor has it that in Austria there is not going to be any ads. So basicly I am "protected" (LoL) from ads and it wont matter on what servers I play on.
sargey
+0|6681

Jussimies wrote:

sargey wrote:

I mainly play UK servers
Are they server pictures? Cause when I load some servers UK. I have core duo/extreme ads as a server picture.
Yeah, i think they are the server pics, but I dunno.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6788|Bulgaria

RedTwizzler wrote:

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

Exactly. The ads are not the reason
_The.Don_05
Im super serial
+58|6584|England
I have yet to see any and im in the uk, all i see is posters adversting other maps like, "Come to burning berlin for only 3,000 Euros" or some other crap like it.
MrEzeuss
+26|6391|Nethterlands (ZH)

AoWs-Avantek wrote:

Demo sucked because you didnt have unlocks.
^^
I played the *cough* offline only extended version *cough* (because it was available a few days earlier then when the original came into the stores), and i almost didn't buy it, because it was boring.
But still i did buy it. Now i've got it, got some unlocks, i am jumping off Titans, jumping ON Titans, shooting people from a million miles away, running around with my pants on fire, freaking myself out with EMP grenades. In short, i love it!!
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6696|The Ville
maybe the new patch will put them in...I don't mind about adds though as long as it doesn't lag I don't care.
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6627|Quebec city, Canada
Convince me to buy 2142... personnaly I found the demo boring, not because I hadnt unlocks, but the gameplay is just bad, vehicles are weak, everything seems nerfed and the weapons feel strange and weak ; +they have strange recoil. And less vehicles, 2 armies instead of 3 and ranks that you get each 10 pts which make you general after you played 5 hours.

Except for unlocks and maps, everything in the full version is in the demo (Not like bf2 which missed some vehicles and an army) and I found it boring so... do the unlocks REALLY bring something to the gameplay or they are only better weapons ?

btw im using this thread so I wont have to open another one and get "SEARCH!!" replies.
dont_be_ss
+312|6595|selby, n. yorkshire, UK
I hope they do their own EA advert, i'll enjoy wrecking my already shit accuracy on it
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6643|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

-=raska=- wrote:

do the unlocks REALLY bring something to the gameplay or they are only better weapons ?
yes
Unclean009
Da Dirty Man!
+66|6653|Spokane, Washington

When the ads do show up in full force, they wont make much of a difference. I mean they are just posters in game, its not like right when you start it there is a huge thing that flashes for 30 seconds saying "BUY PEPSI NOW!"
dont_be_ss
+312|6595|selby, n. yorkshire, UK

Unclean009 wrote:

When the ads do show up in full force, they wont make much of a difference. I mean they are just posters in game, its not like right when you start it there is a huge thing that flashes for 30 seconds saying "BUY PEPSI NOW!"
1st posters, then next patch, full tv ads
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6627|Quebec city, Canada

spawnofthemist wrote:

-=raska=- wrote:

do the unlocks REALLY bring something to the gameplay or they are only better weapons ?
yes
how ? please specify
d3v1ldr1v3r13
+160|6686|Hell's prison

Goven wrote:

RedTwizzler wrote:

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

True dat. But the full version rox0rz my sox0rz.
The full version was tweaked and it works well, and no I wasnt referring to the author as one of the "ignorant" ones.  I am talking about the F-tards that insist they are not buying the game because they dont want to see their Martha Stewart ads all over 2142.
d3v1ldr1v3r13
+160|6686|Hell's prison

Unclean009 wrote:

Which would be strangely hilarious.

I had a suggestion I motioned to EA, that re-load times should be shortened for more "Experienced players"  Not much better, but miliseconds shorter.  Like one per rank, its been proven that the longer a Soldier uses one specific weapon they get more proficient at it, namely in the US Army, A PFC wouldnt be as quick to reload as a Staff Sergeant thats had a few good years with the weapon.

This idea was classified "dumb" by persons on other forums, said it would screw gameplay balance and all, I really think personally it would be pretty clever.

Last edited by d3v1ldr1v3r13 (2006-11-09 17:10:33)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard