Yes60%60% - 157
No10%10% - 28
Sometimes28%28% - 75
Total: 260
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6808|Bulgaria
I have all the unlocks and I ALWAYS use them hehe
F2000 0wnZ1! And the other unlocks are cool as well.
Jornac
+1|6402

-=raska=- wrote:

Snake wrote:

So, the medics AK-47 or 101 is harder to use and "pwn" with than an L85A1?
Is the Scar-L really better than an M4 or an AK-74U?

No, they are not. It all depends on the person who is using the weapon.
No one weapon (in the same class) is better than another - they all have advantages, and all have disadvantages. G3 = high power, but low clip size and bad(ish) recoil. M16 = good accuracy, less power.

I use any weapon in the game I want to, its there to be used, so why not use it?
If its coded into the game, then they are fair (a few patches later...).
They were put there for a reason. People can use them if they want to, thats what theyre there for. If you dont use them, then fine. But why does using an unlock make you a "noob"? Its just a different weapon ffs. Its like saying "the MEC get an advantage with the AK over the M16 so being MEC is "noobish"". There is no difference at all.
Just because you dont like unlocks, it doesnt mean that you should discriminate against the players who use unlocks. Its totally retarded, an undying arguement and will last as long as BF2 does. Dont like it? Well, then you have serious problems.

Thats my opinion
This guy is right

A good player kill other players with the most efficient weapons. Noobish or not, some unlocks are better than stock weapons so choosing them = knowing which guns are better and choosing the right equipment..

btw I play mostly Support and medic on small maps and Spec ops on big ones.

Support : pkm ftw
Medic : G36e, or ak-101. both are good.
Spec ops : G36C

Most efficient weapons and how to use them turns into, diving with an AK because it sprays better up close and is accurate if you just so happen to trip and land on the floor before you fall.

Because its full auto, or single shot is why people choose them.  They're good up close because of the full auto, but if you intend to play the game instead of rack up points, dont use an AK if youre assault or medic.

You won't become a "noob" for using the unlocks.  This isnt unreal tournament or Quake, there is no redeemer or no BFG, all of these weapons are pretty similar.  There is no rocket launcher with a big blast radius (even though an RG seems like one at times).  If people stopped diving, the RPK would no longer be the sniper rifle of choice.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6548|Singapore
depends on the map and whether i need it or not
CrazeD
+368|6694|Maine
I don't, because my clan plays TWL matches without unlocks, so I need to be as best as I can possibly be with stock weapons.

Though, I snipe with the L96A1, because I don't snipe in matches. And sometimes I'll whip out the PKM for some pwnage once in a while.

Other than that, it's stock for me!
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6674|pimelteror.de
every situation has its weapon and after all chasing for unlocks, now i enjoy to use the standards. (and the svd is still a nice combat sniper rifle)
roshambo14
+7|6474
I only use a few unlocks.  M95 if Im going to camp an airfield, G3 if I play assault because I dont like the noob tube, and the L96 if I dont feel like using the SVD.
Baron_von_Kondas
Ok! Try smelling this banana!!!
+74|6514|There?

Hurricane wrote:

G36E is the only noob unlock IMO.
docnutz
+39|6781|B O S T ON area
i h8 the mi6 so when i am usmc i go assult for the G3,   other wise the only other unlock i use is the sniper rifles when i'm in the mood for long range snoipn!  The G36E makes the game toooooooo EZ

Ak FTW

Last edited by docnutz (2006-11-09 07:11:17)

Longbow
+163|6668|Odessa, Ukraine
Unlocks suck .
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6522|Valley of the Dragons

Longbow wrote:

Unlocks suck .
So why did you unlock all the weapons then?
jugobeer
+18|6476
There is a real advantage of using unlock for me is that i get the chance to use always the same weapon no matter wich team I played on.

My accuracy is getting better since i dont juggle with that (except with medic) i like the l85 on wide open map (i getting good at snipping with it) and  g36 for close range combat.
LZwatcher
+1|6402
iITS JUS PEOPL   LIKES TA HOPP  ON DA POPULRO PINION  DATS WHA DEM BITCHIN BOUT SUM UNLOCKED WEAPNS THESE DAYS
PEACE LZ
blacksheepcannibal
+24|6773
If I am spec ops, i universally use the G36C. Incredibly accurate (good for using against snipers), but a bit weak up close. Last I checked the SCAR-L had minutely less accuracy and minutely more power.

If I am Sniper, i use the L96A1, always. I know its bullet drop better than other SWS's, and it has the best crosshairs for long range. I rarely go "Designated Marksman" style, if i do, i do it with a class other than sniper.

If I am Assault, I use the G-3. Better stopping power; i generally play run-cover-stop-scan-shoot and on single shot the g3 works best for that.

If I am support, I am either resupplying teammates or holding a defensive position. Thus, the PKM with its mad stopping power is the best choice for me. Rarely, if I plan on doing alot of moving and CQC, ill pick up the MG36.

If I am medic, then I concentrate on healing teammates. I use the G36E because its great for self defence, or if I switch to the assault role while medic, it suits my combat style better than the AK-101.

If I am engineer, I am flying or in a tank. Default gun, because I dont have the unlocks. The MP-7 is awesome for a PDW tho.

If I am Anti-tank, I use the DAO-12 or the P90 depending on the planned range of encounter.

tl;dr - i have a favorite gun or two for each class, that suits my style of play. If that makes me a noob, so be it.
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6647|Quebec city, Canada

Baron_von_Kondas wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

G36E is the only noob unlock IMO.
ok take person A case :

A: "hmm.. what could I unlock next.. G36E.. oh no, this weapon is too strong, and im not a noob so lets unlock a weak weapon so I can get less kills and be considered a good player"

Of course, I say this if you consider the G36E an easy weapon, so a good weapon, its doesnt apply to people that dont like it...

Basically im saying that using the best weapon means knowing whats the best equipment to have success.
Ubersturmbannfuhrer
I am a fucking homosexual
+211|6628|Parainen, Finland
BF2 wouldn´t be fuck0 without the G3, P90, MP7, G36C & E and off course the L96A1 with the cool sound!!!!

Everyone that disagrees can suck my balls...yap...go on, they are shaved!!!!
TrueArchon
Enemy Sniper..." *BOOM* "Nevermind... got him...
+61|6616|Las Vegas, NV USA

masterofflama wrote:

Personally, i think that unlocks are noobish. Good player can pwn without them. What's your oppinion???
My opinion:

Use 'em if you got 'em!

I'm not really sure if I agree with the "noobish" opinion.  I like some of the original guns over the unlocks, and vice versa.

Hell, I remember that I use to love the SAW a while back, then all of the sudden, I couldn't hit anything with it.  Recently, I tried it using it again, and I now I can actually kill people with it, and enjoy it.  Too bad my accuracy is suffering because of it's use, but hey, I do also like to use it for suppressive fire when needed!
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6649|Warlord

AnQu wrote:

Personaly I never use unlocks, mostly because I play in a clan and can't use unlocks in clanmatches.

CrazeD wrote:

I don't, because my clan plays TWL matches without unlocks, so I need to be as best as I can possibly be with stock weapons.
This is really the only legitimate reasons not to use unlocks.

jugobeer wrote:

There is a real advantage of using unlock for me is that i get the chance to use always the same weapon no matter wich team I played on.
And this is one major reason to prefer using an unlock.

-=raska=- wrote:

A good player kill other players with the most efficient weapons.
Yeah, like give a guy a choice between a fully-automatic weapon and a knife, what's any sensible person gonna pick?

Longbow wrote:

Unlocks suck .
Define 'suck'. The G36E, L96A1, PKM and DAO sure don't seem to suck in the months I've seen them used...

Ubersturmbannfuhrer wrote:

BF2 wouldn´t be fuck0 without the G3, P90, MP7, G36C & E and off course the L96A1 with the cool sound!!!!

LOL

Real men pluck!
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6412|Penrith,Nsw, Aus

Todd_Angelo wrote:

AnQu wrote:

Personaly I never use unlocks, mostly because I play in a clan and can't use unlocks in clanmatches.

CrazeD wrote:

This is really the only legitimate reasons not to use unlocks.

jugobeer wrote:

And this is one major reason to prefer using an unlock.

-=raska=- wrote:

A good player kill other players with the most efficient weapons.
Yeah, like give a guy a choice between a fully-automatic weapon and a knife, what's any sensible person gonna pick?

Longbow wrote:

Unlocks suck .
Define 'suck'. The G36E, L96A1, PKM and DAO sure don't seem to suck in the months I've seen them used...

Ubersturmbannfuhrer wrote:

LOL

Real men pluck!
His mum did it for him thats why they are shaved!!111!
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6541|Adelaide, South Australia

jord wrote:

No unlocks should be looked down on.

Use whatever gun you wan't to,thats what a good player does,enjoys the game.
peyrac
+8|6381
guys who thinks unlocks are for noobs... I DARE YOU to use MP5 and own whole server like if you have DAO - 12. unlocks are meant to be used so why not use them ?! I USE G36E, and L96A1. otherwise i am using M16 and AK - 101. like one of you said : good soldier have to be good with all guns. but if you are better with G36E, use it.
The_Jester
+52|6513|Italy
Sometimes.
AT: in some maps the DAO is better than any smg.
Sniper: in some maps the L96 is better than any semi-auto.
Medic and assault: usually stock weapons, and as usmc i don't pick the first AK I see on the floor.
Spec Op: usually stock, but sometimes the G36. The scar is utter crap.
Support: stock.
Engi: I go engi when I'm commander or while tank whoring, so the weapon doesn't really matter.

And in close combat the G36E requires more skill than any AK, so stop calling it a noob gun.
I don't like it, but don't care if someone wanna use it.
Raptor1
+19|6509
G36E dose require more skill, its on burst not full auto to u can't spary with it like people with the AK do. Only unlock i really used besides the L96A1 and P90. Besides i prefer guns with 3 round burst

Last edited by Raptor1 (2006-12-23 07:22:29)

Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6374|uk

no... never use them unless im sniping.
Zulu_Soldier
+15|6532

Raptor1 wrote:

G36E dose require more skill, its on burst not full auto to u can't spary with it like people with the AK do. Only unlock i really used besides the L96A1 and P90. Besides i prefer guns with 3 round burst
M16?

The G36E is for players who cant aim, people who say it takes more skill to use it than than the M16 have not been playing this game too long. The accaurcy on the G36E is a joke, it takes skill use the M16 not the G36E.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6470

I always use them xD. Damn I am a noob, oh well its just a game

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard