Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6764|Eastern PA
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2006/11/ … Muslim.php

MINNEAPOLIS: Democrat Keith Ellison was elected as the nation's first Muslim member of Congress on Tuesday
Thoughts? Comments? Apparently he's also Minnesota's first non-white representative.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6597
Those fucking radical islamists have a toehold now in the congress? It's all downhill for the US now. You'd all better get your prayermats out and start pointing towards Mecca. LOL

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-11-08 14:45:29)

tyme414
+29|6683
that went well
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6487|The Land of Scott Walker
The fact that he's Minnesota's first non-white rep is bigger news than that he's Muslim.  Freedom of religion people.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6583|Texas - Bigger than France
Gosh, I bet this will be the first politician ever to be hated.
nlsme
+48|6457|new york

Pug wrote:

Gosh, I bet this will be the first politician ever to be hated.
ever heard of gw lol
APortillo
+21|6554|California, USA
There is a difference between muslims and radical islamists. Not all of them want to kill us.
Pizdets_Velikiy
+8|6444
Good for him. The people in Minnesota voted for him for a reason, and even though I don't care for Islamists in general, his religion is completely irrelevant to his work.

If it turns out otherwise, I'm sure he won't be holding the job for long.
Archer
rapes face
+161|6465|Canuckistan
wait no guys dont trust like omg hes a muslim guys he MUST be a terrorist like u no jihd n shit guys wtf wtf i no most muslims dont liek u no terrorist but dats a lie yes dats a frifkin lie hes muslim he must be a TERRORITS!

If you didn't catch the obvious sarcasm.

Last edited by Archer (2006-11-08 14:43:48)

mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6805|d

Archer wrote:

wait no guys dont trust like omg hes a muslim guys he MUST be a terrorist like u no jihd n shit guys wtf wtf i no most muslims dont liek u no terrorist but dats a lie yes dats a frifkin lie hes muslim he must be a TERRORITS!

If you didn't catch the obvious sarcasm.
LOL, okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk den. nice, sarcasm thing btw.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6510
Anyone can get elected. Jew, Catholic, Calvinist, Muslim. As long as they are not poor they can get elected.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6731|Tampa Bay Florida
Judgement day commencing, proceed to your local Christian church to be saved and to return to heaven.............
IRONCHEF
+385|6532|Northern California
Yippee. 

I'm so sick of "firsts" and their racial/sex/sexual orientation/religious connotations.  If we're ever going to get over racism, it needs to start with this shit.  "First 'black" [whatever]!"  "First woman [whatever]!"  "First one-legged x-prostitute jewish palestinian hetero-homo transgendered blackish white mexican" to go to the fuckin moon!

Nancy Pelosi..highest elected female ever!  Big friggen deal!!  Should we be happy that we've "evolved" or whatever to this point?  Is it praise worthy?  Or is it an insult to think that our backwards asses "let" such a person prevail?

I"m gonna freak out when we have our first black president....(go obama!)
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6590|San Diego, CA, USA

CameronPoe wrote:

Those fucking radical islamists have a toehold now in the congress? It's all downhill for the US now. You'd all better get your prayermats out and start pointing towards Mecca. LOL
One down...434 to go :-P   Allah Akbar anyone?

Last edited by Harmor (2006-11-08 15:32:13)

-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6700|BC, Canada

CameronPoe wrote:

lol
The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6542|Los Angeles

Masques wrote:

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2006/11/08/america/NA_POL_US_Election_Muslim.php

MINNEAPOLIS: Democrat Keith Ellison was elected as the nation's first Muslim member of Congress on Tuesday
Thoughts? Comments? Apparently he's also Minnesota's first non-white representative.
Minnesota politics always make me proud to be Minnesota-raised. And we need some pride now that the Vikings have been playing like shit as of late.

In the heart of the conservative midwest, Minnesota is always very progressive. I think it's because we're so white and such a total fly-over state that we feel born with natural racism just as Christians feel born with natural sin, and we guilt ourselves into proving that we're smart and cosmopolitan. In high school, we didn't read classic "dead white male" literature - we read African, Chinese, Israeli, AfroAmerican literature. Yet there were literally 2 black kids, 3 Asians (adopted) and 1 Jew in my entire graduating class. Funny stuff.

Other things you can thank Minnesota for:

- Spam (the edible kind)
- waterskiing
- Jesse The Body Ventura
- Al Franken
- Bob Dylan
- Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis
- Prince
- Garrison Keillor
- Richard Dean Anderson (MacGuyver)
- John Madden
CameronPoe
+2,925|6597

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Anyone can get elected. Jew, Catholic, Calvinist, Muslim. As long as they are not poor they can get elected.
LOL
Mr.Casual
p-n*|3eergogglz
+136|6550|Minnesota eh
yeah, we have a black guy and a muslim and a white guy and a mexican, see Minnesota is Racially accepting
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6591|Southeastern USA
did he bring the sand? will minnesota turn sandy first or will the whole nation start getting sandy?
jonsimon
+224|6536
To OP: Cool.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard