cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6712|NJ
Do you have hunting? Like I know hunting is very big over here in the U.S. and that's why alot of the gun laws are a problem(people use animal meat to substitute there food).. But since the U.K. has such strick gun laws and not really a whole lot of land for animals, do you actually hunt?
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6644|UK
Wrong section.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6712|NJ

liquidat0r wrote:

Wrong section.
I don't think I put it here my comps been acting weird, double post and other thing. I tried to put it in D&ST..
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6707|Devon, England
i think we do... i know there was/is this big argument over the stopping and starting of stuff like fox hunting and the such, but i think it's mainly in the countryside areas of england (might be wrong).

i live in devon though, and i don't know aof anywhere near me that does hunting.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6644|UK

cpt.fass1 wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

Wrong section.
I don't think I put it here my comps been acting weird, double post and other thing. I tried to put it in D&ST..
Ok. I'll stick it in there. I deleted your other, duplicate, threads that you made in 'BF2S.com - Feature Requests'.
SwampDog
+12|6487|Luton, England
I live in the out in the stix, and yeah people still hunt. It`s nothing big, just farmers shooting pheasants and rabbits and little shit like that. In certain areas i think you can still shoot deer but i might be wrong.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6666
FOX HUNTING or should I say banned FOX HUNTING
samfink
+31|6572
hunting dependson what you do. hunmting w/dogs is illegalunless it is to flush styuff to guns. hunting wiht gusn is legal, and yes, you can hunt for deer, but I think you need to pass a test first. and only in certain arteas, I know for a fact you can hunt deer in dorset.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6666
https://www.all-creatures.org/anex/rabbit-03.jpgBOOM

Nah, lets be honest could you really shoot this
SwampDog
+12|6487|Luton, England

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Yeah they banned Fow hunting, Badger baiting, Hare coarsing and pretty much any hunt that involved prolonged suffering to the hunted animal, and rightly so in my opinion.
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6635|InGerLand
We do hunt, mostly foxes but also phesant (spelling?) rabbits and occasionally other small animals. You can get a gun but it is very hard to do so and there are laws on how the animal must be killed, hunting dogs must not be allowed to kill the animal it must be shot as this is [apparently] more hummane although nobody ever asked the fox about this...

There is more country side than you probably think there is, true we don't live in a large country but we still have more than enough land for hunting.

It tends to be a sport for the rich since:
a) its more traditional
b)its easier for a rich person to get a gun
c) you need private land to hunt on, so either have to know someone rich (in which case you probably are rich) or you have to have bought the land yourself

I can't think what else you might want to know but ask if you do want to know anything
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6635|InGerLand

SwampDog wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Yeah they banned Fow hunting, Badger baiting, Hare coarsing and pretty much any hunt that involved prolonged suffering to the hunted animal, and rightly so in my opinion.
it is not banned the law was simply altered, the dog may still hunt the fox, but they cannot allow the dog to kill the animal it must be shot, if the dogs catch and kill the fox it is illigal, otherwise they can still hunt all they like
The reason there was an enourmous fuss about it was because most people the media included got confused about this, they were thinking of banning it entirely yes, but in the end they simply altered the way it had to be done, and the government neglected to make a big thing of mentioning this
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6496|Sheffield-England
i hunt rabbits with my dog and a rifle grab the rabiit by ears and feet, snap back on your leg, cook, and wella! rabbit stu
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6753|Salt Lake City

sfarrar33 wrote:

We do hunt, mostly foxes but also phesant (spelling?) rabbits and occasionally other small animals. You can get a gun but it is very hard to do so and there are laws on how the animal must be killed, hunting dogs must not be allowed to kill the animal it must be shot as this is [apparently] more hummane although nobody ever asked the fox about this...

There is more country side than you probably think there is, true we don't live in a large country but we still have more than enough land for hunting.

It tends to be a sport for the rich since:
a) its more traditional
b)its easier for a rich person to get a gun
c) you need private land to hunt on, so either have to know someone rich (in which case you probably are rich) or you have to have bought the land yourself

I can't think what else you might want to know but ask if you do want to know anything
Don't you chaps have any publicly owned land?  Like here in the US we have national forrests.  These are public lands that can be hunted by anyone.
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6635|InGerLand
Yes but i don't think you are allowed to hunt on it
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6666

sfarrar33 wrote:

SwampDog wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

it is not banned the law was simply altered, the dog may still hunt the fox, but they cannot allow the dog to kill the animal it must be shot, if the dogs catch and kill the fox it is illigal, otherwise they can still hunt all they like
The reason there was an enourmous fuss about it was because most people the media included got confused about this, they were thinking of banning it entirely yes, but in the end they simply altered the way it had to be done, and the government neglected to make a big thing of mentioning this
uhh, no look it up, the action of Fox Hunting is officially banned

Last edited by ..teddy..jimmy (2006-11-08 12:59:51)

jarhedch
+12|6686|Aberdeen, Uk, SF Bay Area 1st

sfarrar33 wrote:

yes you can, up here in scotland you can, you just need a permit first. There's many places that hunting takes place up here, big game, like deer and such.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6753|Salt Lake City

sfarrar33 wrote:

Wow, that's complete bunk.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6598|SE London

sfarrar33 wrote:

SwampDog wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Not true. Flushing a fox to guns (as it is called) is also illegal in most of the UK. It is only legal in Scotland. Although I think you can use a dog and a gun, you can't use a pack of dogs.

There is a lot of hunting in the UK. But it tends to be just small game, pheasants, grouse etc. There are a few (very limited) places where deer can be hunted. Just make sure you never kill a swan.
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6635|InGerLand

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

sfarrar33 wrote:

SwampDog wrote:

uhh, no look it up, the action of Fox Hunting is officially banned
FAIL!
thats before the act was introduced and before was official, if you read what i said then you would know that even the media got it wrong, everyone said it would be banned but it isn't (kinda).
found some facts on it for those interested http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/418439.stm
but as for proving teddy wrong...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/1846577.stm the end of the timeline officially
the government did impose a law which should have banned it, it was COMPLETELY ignored, so they simply compromised on the use of dogs which i was on about, the law exists but as i say its totally ignored
and the police let them do it because there a legal battle between the pro-hunters and the government, since the parliment act was what got the ban put through against the wishes of the majority then there is the question of illigality, if the pro-hunters loose the legal battle then and only then will the ban be inforced, if the pro-hunters win the legal battle then the hunting continues as normal, as it is at the moment you can hunt but not allow the dogs to actually kill the animal

there are probably some videos somewhere of the hunts taking place i will try and find them
IRONCHEF
+385|6507|Northern California
I hunt noobs in Jalalabad.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6753|Salt Lake City

IRONCHEF wrote:

I hunt noobs in Jalalabad.
Was that you I saw using the Elmer Fudd skin for your player? 
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6491|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
hunting is not right, especially fox hunting, its just not right seing them run for their lives scared shitless! fox hunting ban ftw!!
Mr.Casual
p-n*|3eergogglz
+136|6526|Minnesota eh
i just got a 10 point buck deer last weekend, 22.25 in spread, 12in in tines on back, hes a beast
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6635|InGerLand
i agree with elite, though rabbit pie is pretty nice, my gran used to make it, however my grandad doesn't get the rabbits anymore

i failed at finding any videos i found 2 and one was anti-fox hunting, so full of bias and useless
and the other was before 2004 so useless as well

Last edited by sfarrar33 (2006-11-08 13:30:50)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard