Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6540|San Diego, CA, USA
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8f/Robert_M_Gates.jpg

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Gates

"Robert Michael Gates (born September 25, 1943) could become the 22nd United States Secretary of Defense, succeeding Donald Rumsfeld. President Bush announced on November 8th, 2006 his intention to nominate Gates for the position which requires Senate confirmation. Previous to that office, he served as Director of Central Intelligence from November 6, 1991 until January 20, 1993, capping a 26-year career in the CIA and the National Security Council. Immediately before being nominated to the post of Secretary of Defense, he was the President of Texas A&M University and the National President of the National Eagle Scout Association. "

Wow...Wikipedia amazing me again with that little prediciton, "could become the 22nd United States Secretary of Defense".

Holy shit...I just updated the page and how it says:

"Dr. Robert Michael Gates (born September 25, 1943) is the President of Texas A&M University and the National President of the National Eagle Scout Association. Previously he served as Director of Central Intelligence from November 6, 1991 until January 20, 1993, capping a 26-year career in the CIA and the National Security Council. On November 8, 2006, Gates was nominated by President George W. Bush to be the 22nd United States Secretary of Defense to replace Donald Rumsfeld. He and his wife Becky have two children."

Talk about live information being updated...LOL.

Last edited by Harmor (2006-11-08 10:21:30)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6613|London, England

millhous wrote:

DonFck wrote:

Harmor wrote:

Who is this Bob character the president just announced?
Not him?
http://www.topsynergy.com/images/famous … e_Main.jpg
"Bob Dole would love to be the secretary of Defense. Bob Dole loves peanuts. Bob Dole, Bob Dole, Bob Dole."
Lmfao, is he really like that? Or is it just over steriotyping and stuff.
[UTQ]_Ausch88
Banned
+23|6487
one less zionist

way to go AMERICA!!

keep going and clean up your country
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6622|Washington, DC

Harmor wrote:

Wow...Wikipedia amazing me again with that little prediciton, "could become the 22nd United States Secretary of Defense".
I'm no US Government scholar, but I'm guessing if there's enough opposition to his appointment that he wouldn't become SoD.

edit: Either way, the fact that Rummy is stepping down along with the Democrats probably taking the senate is a great day for this country

Last edited by Hurricane (2006-11-08 10:22:37)

Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found

Looks like a Bill Kristol predicted it.

Last edited by Harmor (2006-11-08 10:29:37)

Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
millhous
+39|6629|OREEGONE, USA

Mekstizzle wrote:

millhous wrote:

"Bob Dole would love to be the secretary of Defense. Bob Dole loves peanuts. Bob Dole, Bob Dole, Bob Dole."
Lmfao, is he really like that? Or is it just over steriotyping and stuff.
Bob Dole likes to speak in the 3rd person.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6547
w00t. Good riddance to that slimy evil cuntbag quasi-human. I wonder what luminary from the PNAC Bush'll employ next.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-11-08 10:46:21)

millhous
+39|6629|OREEGONE, USA
I haven't been this happy since McDonlads brought back the McRib.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6437|The Land of Scott Walker
Pelosi makes me ill.  Dems didn't work with Reps when we were the majority, there's not reason to work with them.  Dems talk this bi-partisan line now, but it won't happen.  Dems opposed reform of Social Security and will probably repeal tax cuts, too.   I hope GWB gives the Dems a big middle finger and throws their bs back at them with a truck load of vetoes.
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6714|Eastern PA

CameronPoe wrote:

w00t. Good riddance to that slimy evil cuntbag quasi-human. I wonder what luminary from the PNAC Bush'll employ next.
Robert Gates seems to be part of George H.W. Bush's more realist-oriented foreign policy team (along with the likes of Brent Scowcroft and (at least previously) Colin Powell). A career intelligence analyst, (acc. to wiki. the only Director of central intelligence in history to rise from an entry level position through the ranks to the top slot in the intelligence community).

Overall I think this is a good choice, also from wiki: "During his 26-year career as an intelligence professional, he spent almost nine years on the National Security Council, serving four Presidents of both major political parties."
CameronPoe
+2,925|6547

Masques wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Robert Gates seems to be part of George H.W. Bush's more realist-oriented foreign policy team (along with the likes of Brent Scowcroft and (at least previously) Colin Powell). A career intelligence analyst, (acc. to wiki. the only Director of central intelligence in history to rise from an entry level position through the ranks to the top slot in the intelligence community).

Overall I think this is a good choice, also from wiki: "During his 26-year career as an intelligence professional, he spent almost nine years on the National Security Council, serving four Presidents of both major political parties."
Hmmm, interesting. Not what I might have expected.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6681|Tampa Bay Florida
This image of a death star blowing up keeps popping up in my mind, for some reason..

Oh, wait a minute, Rumsfelds gone! 

Dubyas press conference was hilarious.... 3 or 4 times the entire room burst out laughing at what he said... he really is a joke of a president.  1/20/09 will be a happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, rejoiceful, happy day......
CameronPoe
+2,925|6547
Hey I just realised: Rumsfeld just 'cut and ran'....
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6437|The Land of Scott Walker

CameronPoe wrote:

. . . always a bad course of action.  He should've stayed.
IRONCHEF
+385|6482|Northern California

Stingray24 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

. . . always a bad course of action.  He should've stayed.
Silly Gooses! lol
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6529|Long Island, New York
Thank GOD!
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6714|Eastern PA
More information about Robert Gates:
Rather than inject a "new approach" to U.S. strategy, the Baker-Hamilton Commission's recommendations resurrect the old. In May 2001, Hamilton co-chaired an Atlan tic Council study group that called on Washington to adopt a "new approach" to Iran centered on engagement with Tehran. And, in 2004, Baker-Hamilton Commission member Robert M. Gates co-chaired another study group that called for a "new approach" toward Iran consisting of engagement.
That's about as fucking far from "stay the course" as one can get!

Last edited by Masques (2006-11-08 12:06:26)

Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6622|Washington, DC

Masques wrote:

Rather than inject a "new approach" to U.S. strategy, the Baker-Hamilton Commission's recommendations resurrect the old. In May 2001, Hamilton co-chaired an Atlan tic Council study group that called on Washington to adopt a "new approach" to Iran centered on engagement with Tehran. And, in 2004, Baker-Hamilton Commission member Robert M. Gates co-chaired another study group that called for a "new approach" toward Iran consisting of engagement.
IDK if that was sarcasm, but if it was, who's to say "the course" would not eventually include war with Iran? Knowing our president, I wouldn't find it surprising.
IRONCHEF
You know what, Hurricane, you just made me realize something cool about dems being in charge now...Iran will now be left alone for sure!  not that Bush had the balls to fight a real enemy, and he wouldn't have attacked Iran or N Korea because of that lack of manhood, but now it's certain.  It'll be interesting to see how this dem congress and hopefully house will treat N Korea or even Iran's nuclear ambitions.  It'll be interesting if they push for a proportional type of strike (like Clinton v. Bin Laden).
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6521|Global Command
Maybe now the Dems can quit complaining and lay out a plan of their own that we can judge them on.
gg dems.
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6714|Eastern PA

Hurricane wrote:

Masques wrote:

IDK if that was sarcasm, but if it was, who's to say "the course" would not eventually include war with Iran? Knowing our president, I wouldn't find it surprising.
That was not sarcasm.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found

ATG wrote:

Maybe now the Dems can quit complaining and lay out a plan of their own that we can judge them on.
gg dems.
What is the Democrats plan?
IRONCHEF

Harmor wrote:

ATG wrote:

gg dems.
What is the Democrats plan?
Watch and see.  And when I mean "watch and see" that doesn't mean watch O'Reilly or Hannity.  It means tune into C-SPAN when they show congress in session..or go to pertinent official sites to see actual votes taking place.  They just got in power and they now have the privilege of discussing..something even republicans couldn't do before since they were Bush's bitches.

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2006-11-08 12:50:26)

Spumantiii
pistolero
+147|6674|Canada
"Previous to that office, he served as Director of Central Intelligence from November 6, 1991 until January 20, 1993, capping a 26-year career in the CIA and the National Security Council"

(shudders to think this guy will be ANY better than Rumsfeld)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard