jgrahl
+4|6681
I am terrified!

It's not global warming that I'm terrified of.  It's the fact that the government of the state of California is suing the 6 wealthiest automakers for contributing to global warming..... LOL

I am terrified that someone is stupid enough to take that case, someone is stupid enough to present that case to an attorney, and someone is stupid enough to not dismiss the case immediately.  All I see is greed, no proof of evidence for the courts, and a total de-evolution of mankind.

I'm in the evolution stage.  It's tough though, I must actually think for myself, make educated guesses, and learn new things.  I think if all the ice did happen to melt it would help the earth more than it would hurt it.  I guess from what I've been told and observed that the earth is not overheating.  I learn new things everyday.

Be more worried about people with a lack of education de-evolving our kind.  Ask this question to someone.  "what is coming out of the smokestack over there at the nuclear power plant?"  I bet over 50% will say radioactive pollution and smog.  In fact it is just steam from water boiling.  No radiation in it at all.  How many of you know this?  How many of you can spell or even say nuclear?  People reading this forum will have a better chance of knowing these things than the average person since it takes some sort of intelligence to use a PC.

Get educated then make your decisions about global warming.

I'm going to have to sue the animal herders for contributing to global warming.  The cow's that are expelling methane are seriously hurting the atmosphere.  You know there wasn't that many cows to start with.  Unlike oil, cows are renewable greenhouse gas emitting polluters of doom.

I could go on some more later.
Fred[OZ75]
Jihad Jeep Driver
+19|6751|Perth, Western Australia
The human race dug up the last 250 million years of accumulated carbon and burnt it into the atmosphere over the last 200... if you think this will have no effect you deluded, Ice core samples clearly show that in the last 650000 years global CO2 is higher than it has been over that entire period. Actually currently we see 380ppm CO2 compared to the highest seen in the ice cores of only 300ppm.

Temperate measurements also show we have altered the natural temperature variation. Current global warming IS NOT NATURAL... it is caused by us humans.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6618|Canada

DBBrinson1 wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

You should join the movement then.  First change the Mustang muscle car (gas guzzling V-8) pic in your sig to a Honda prius.  Nay, unplug your computer for you are wasting electricity.  Then ride your bike to the hardware store and buy a ton of solar panels so you can power your own house.  Then grow your own food so as a big FU to the all of the trucks pollutions from getting all of those things to market.  Buy a bucket that you can crap into so you can fertilize your veggies (don't want to use the store bought fertilizer, those pesky trucks).
How would you know what im doing for the environment? i actually DO have solar panels to power at least half of my electricity. i dont drive. just b/c i like the look of a car it doesnt meant just b/c it uses gas i cant show a pic of it. Calgary is too dry to grow any of my own food.  i am part of the solution u jackass, dont try to make your own little conclusions bout my life.

btw, what are you doing for the plant. do you recycle? use energysaving lightbulbs? those two little things would go a loooonnnnggg way if everyone did it.
OOH... I touched a nerve.  Just half of your house is solar powered?  Lame.  So then you can what?  Wash your dishes in semi-warm water?  Why would you glorify a gas-guzzling V8 in your sig if we need to "fucking wake up"?  I bet if you built a sprinkler system out of recycled diapers you could sufficiently water your garden and grow your own food.  Seriously though, you should look into that crapper system I posted above.... You could eat food that grew off of your own feces... YUMMMY!!!

What am I doing to save the environment?  Well lets see... I dump old car oil in my yard to kill weeds.  I throw metal into "paper" recycling bins..  I drive a Jeep Rubicon which gets 10 miles to the gallon...  Oh yea! Recycling is a sham!  Watch Penn & Tellers "Bullshit!" episode on it.  It actually costs more and does less for the environment to recycle than throw it away.... For example:  You recycle paper right?  WRONG.  How about the pollution of the trucks it takes to get it to the recycling plant?  Then the paper is sorted.  I wouldn't want that job for some asshole like me is throwing metal into the bins!  Back on topic though; sorted paper -right....   It gets the ink bleached off it in several methods.  Using your lingo, "WTF" do they do with all that ink/bleach mixture?  Can't dump it into the river.  How about the energy it takes to use the mixers?  There are trees specifically grown for being turned to paper.  Finally, forests are a renewable resource.  Get that, what was your word? Ah right -JACKASS!  So if you recycle paper, then you have less trees cause you don't need them.

Holy hell, don't get me started on plastics. 

How about your poster boy Gore?  How much jet fuel do you think he wastes on his campaign?  Gore owns two houses.  In the area where his houses are located he could pay pennies more per watt consumed to the power company for "alternative/greener" methods.  Has he done it?  Hell no!  Even the Democratic Party HQ hasn't.  You've bought swamp land.  Unless you're into hunting wood ducks, I suggest you sell.

Stop being spoon fed by the kanuk left and think for your self for a change.  In the mean time think of a  guy who isn't wasting his time sorting though his trash and playing BF2 while laughing at people like you whom haven't got a clue...

Oh yea.  I almost forgot....
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/res … ional.html

BRINSON OUT!!! FOR THE WIN!!!

PS.  using the spell check and checking your grammar / punctuation wouldn't hurt you either.  Feel free to F-Bomb me all you want... I actually expect it.
wow, what complete bullshit. you want to make me believe that if i am scared of global warming i have to do it all myself? i am doing the most that i can right now.

i ask you. what do you do for the environment? all i am saying is that if everyone made small modifications to the way they lived we would see a huge change in our environment.

still on the Mustang thing, eh? i like the look of the car. take the fucking engine out then! put a hybrid one in. I DONT CARE> I AM NOT GLORIFYING THE GAS_GUZZLING CAPABILITIES OF IT, JUST THE LOOK! ffs!
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6666|Canberra, AUS

BN wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

The water issues in Australia don't have a whole lot to do with global warming, they have more to do with the fact that the population is growing.
The drought has nothing to do with it?

Population growth is causing less precipitation?
No, this is a more long term thing. We're used to droughts (even if the media tries to tell us otherwise), it's just that the increase in the consumption rate of water is unsustainable at present.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6759

Spark wrote:

BN wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

The water issues in Australia don't have a whole lot to do with global warming, they have more to do with the fact that the population is growing.
The drought has nothing to do with it?

Population growth is causing less precipitation?
No, this is a more long term thing. We're used to droughts (even if the media tries to tell us otherwise), it's just that the increase in the consumption rate of water is unsustainable at present.
Bloody hell, then why is the government trying to grow our population so much?

Have we not hit our sustainable peak then?
Spumantiii
pistolero
+147|6674|Canada
do a search on H.A.A.R.P

don't all shit yourselves, it's been around for some time now

what you find may not tell you these arrays can manipulate the ionosphere and weather conditions...

"HAARP Boils the Upper Atmosphere

HAARP will zap the upper atmosphere with a focused and steerable electromagnetic beam. It is an advanced model of an "ionospheric heater." (The ionosphere is the electrically-charged sphere surrounding Earth's upper atmosphere. It ranges between 40 to 60 miles above the surface of the Earth.)
Put simply, the apparatus for HAARP is a reversal of a radio telescope; antenna send out signals instead of receiving. HAARP is the test run for a super-powerful radiowave-beaming technology that lifts areas of the ionosphere by focusing a beam and heating those areas. Electromagnetic waves then bounce back onto earth and penetrate everything -- living and dead.

HAARP publicity gives the impression that the High-frequency Active Auroral Research Program is mainly an academic project with the goal of changing the ionosphere to improve communications for our own good. However, other U.S. military documents put it more clearly -- HAARP aims to learn how to "exploit the ionosphere for Department of Defense purposes." Communicating with submarines is only one of those purposes.

Press releases and other information from the military on HAARP continually downplay what it could do. Publicity documents insist that the HAARP project is no different than other ionospheric heaters operating safely throughout the world in places such as Arecibo, Puerto Rico, Tromso, Norway, and the former Soviet Union. However, a 1990 government document indicates that the radio-frequency (RF) power zap will drive the ionosphere to unnatural activities. "

Last edited by Spumantiii (2006-11-08 00:26:08)

spikes14
+25|6388
Global warming sucks! If we have the technology to reduce it why dont we just do it, who cares how much it costs. If it helps save the world from globalwarming then its worth the cost! JUST FUCKING DO IT!
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6553

BN wrote:

Population growth is good for the economy.  Alot of developed countries face problems due to declining populations.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6759

Bubbalo wrote:

BN wrote:

Population growth is good for the economy.  Alot of developed countries face problems due to declining populations.
no water is bad for the economy too.

WE should be banning cotton and rice farming. Things that need flood irrigation
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6553
The water shortages are biggest in central and south Australia, AFAIK.  Rice farming is, I believe, more prevalent in the north.  I'm not aware of any cotton farming, but then you may well know more than me............

Either way, so long as they use non-potable water I don't have an issue.  What we should be doing is developing water purification infrastructure.
13rin
+977|6470

destruktion_6143 wrote:

wow, what complete bullshit. you want to make me believe that if i am scared of global warming i have to do it all myself? i am doing the most that i can right now.

i ask you. what do you do for the environment? all i am saying is that if everyone made small modifications to the way they lived we would see a huge change in our environment.

still on the Mustang thing, eh? i like the look of the car. take the fucking engine out then! put a hybrid one in. I DONT CARE> I AM NOT GLORIFYING THE GAS_GUZZLING CAPABILITIES OF IT, JUST THE LOOK! ffs!
Bullshit? Yea that's the name of the show.  Its on Showtime.

I never wrote you had to do it all yourself.  I wrote you should join the movement.  Suggested that you grow your own foods, ride a bike, go solar, crap in a bucket. 

Refer to my previous post as to what I am doing to help the environment.  Actually, I'm a member of Ducks Unlimited, one of the best environmental conservation groups out there.  However, I don't by the whole global crap.  If you bothered to actually look at the link I posted, you'd find out that last month was either the same or cooler than previous years.

I just find it hypocritical that you post a fuel inefficient vehicle in your sig as you write, we all need to wake up.  Changing the engine, A?  Cause you like the way the car look but don't like what it stands for?  That is like posting a swastika in your sig and then writing, "Well it looks cool.  Take the Nazis out though."
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6573|SE London

jgrahl wrote:

I am terrified!

It's not global warming that I'm terrified of.  It's the fact that the government of the state of California is suing the 6 wealthiest automakers for contributing to global warming..... LOL

I am terrified that someone is stupid enough to take that case, someone is stupid enough to present that case to an attorney, and someone is stupid enough to not dismiss the case immediately.  All I see is greed, no proof of evidence for the courts, and a total de-evolution of mankind.

I'm in the evolution stage.  It's tough though, I must actually think for myself, make educated guesses, and learn new things.  I think if all the ice did happen to melt it would help the earth more than it would hurt it.  I guess from what I've been told and observed that the earth is not overheating.  I learn new things everyday.
You think if all the ice melted it would help the Earth more than it would hurt it, you are in a way correct, it would cause absolute havoc for a massive percentage of the worlds population though. If the ice around Greenland melts it will result in a 4 metre rise in sea levels, if Western Antarctica melts it will result in a 5 metre rise in sea levels, if Eastern Antarctica melts that will result in an even greater rise in sea levels. Sea levels going up by 15 metres, how well do you think the global economy will cope with a vast number of the worlds economic centres (New York, London, Amsterdam, Tokyo, etc.) being underwater? How do you think the 40% of the worlds population who get their drinking water from rivers fed by glaciers in the Himalayas will feel about undergoing a massive drought?
I would think carefully before making ridiculous statements like that.

California is suing the car manufacturers, because they initially sued California for imposing emissions standards that they claimed were unreasonable. Despite having some of the lowest standards in the world (except for diesel particulate emissions, which California has very stringent regulations on). I think the car manufacturers suing California for imposing emissions standards that they considered unreasonable (despite most of the rest of the developed world having stricter standards), much more stupid than suing the companies for adding to a global problem.

jgrahl wrote:

Be more worried about people with a lack of education de-evolving our kind.  Ask this question to someone.  "what is coming out of the smokestack over there at the nuclear power plant?"  I bet over 50% will say radioactive pollution and smog.  In fact it is just steam from water boiling.  No radiation in it at all.  How many of you know this?  How many of you can spell or even say nuclear?  People reading this forum will have a better chance of knowing these things than the average person since it takes some sort of intelligence to use a PC.
I am worried about people with a lack of education. For the most part I am concerned about the degree of scepticism many people view global warming with, quite wrongly. I am also concerned about peoples attitudes to nuclear power, a clean, efficient power source that I see as being an essential part of the solution to global warming. Radioactive waste products from nuclear power are easily containable, which is better than less toxic, less containable waste products.

jgrahl wrote:

Get educated then make your decisions about global warming.

I'm going to have to sue the animal herders for contributing to global warming.  The cow's that are expelling methane are seriously hurting the atmosphere.  You know there wasn't that many cows to start with.  Unlike oil, cows are renewable greenhouse gas emitting polluters of doom.

I could go on some more later.
Methane is much less of a problem than Carbon Dioxide. Methane produces more greenhouse effect, but we produce a tiny amount of Methane in comparison to Carbon Dioxide. Methane also breaks down in the atmosphere in around 10-15 years, Carbon Dioxide breaks down over 300-500 years - that's a big difference.
More than 99% of the greenhouse effect is caused by Carbon Dioxide (if you exclude water vapour, which is not a true greenhouse gas, though it does create a feedback effect exacerbating the problem).
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6618|Canada

DBBrinson1 wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

Bullshit? Yea that's the name of the show.  Its on Showtime.

I never wrote you had to do it all yourself.  I wrote you should join the movement.  Suggested that you grow your own foods, ride a bike, go solar, crap in a bucket. 

Refer to my previous post as to what I am doing to help the environment.  Actually, I'm a member of Ducks Unlimited, one of the best environmental conservation groups out there.  However, I don't by the whole global crap.  If you bothered to actually look at the link I posted, you'd find out that last month was either the same or cooler than previous years.

I just find it hypocritical that you post a fuel inefficient vehicle in your sig as you write, we all need to wake up.  Changing the engine, A?  Cause you like the way the car look but don't like what it stands for?  That is like posting a swastika in your sig and then writing, "Well it looks cool.  Take the Nazis out though."
again with the car!! FFS! it doesnt stand for "fuel guzzling" in my eyes. all i c is a sexy car. quit nit picking and just drop it! and your whole "swastika" analogy is bullshit. the nazis stole it from hinduism, and twisted its meaning.... accusing me of not looking up facts and calling me a hipocrite. (look whos talking)

o and btw, shitting in a bucket? i dont feel like fulfilling one of your sick fantasies. kthnxbye!

Last edited by destruktion_6143 (2006-11-08 12:20:50)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6573|SE London

DBBrinson1 wrote:

I assume you're talking about October. Which was one of the most erratic months ever. Both the hottest and coldest October on record.

https://yosemite.epa.gov/oar/globalwarming.nsf/550d4b46b29f68a6852568660081f938/85256d7a00686a5a85256bfe0057a2be/Body/0.154A!OpenElement&FieldElemFormat=gif
This image (from the NOAA) shows the trend in global temperature. Unless there is something very wrong with you, you will see the temperature is going up. A fast rate of change, historicly, is about 5C in around a million years - the current rate is much, much higher than that - about 0.5C in less than 100 years.

This incredible rate of change is likely to have devastating consequences as life cannot evolve at a rate to keep pace with such drastic changes.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6618|Canada

Bertster7 wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

I assume you're talking about October. Which was one of the most erratic months ever. Both the hottest and coldest October on record.

http://yosemite.epa.gov/oar/globalwarmi … Format=gif
This image (from the NOAA) shows the trend in global temperature. Unless there is something very wrong with you, you will see the temperature is going up. A fast rate of change, historicly, is about 5C in around a million years - the current rate is much, much higher than that - about 0.5C in less than 100 years.

This incredible rate of change is likely to have devastating consequences as life cannot evolve at a rate to keep pace with such drastic changes.
O SNAP brinson! lol, thank god for smart ppl.
13rin
+977|6470

Bertster7 wrote:

Huh hottest AND coldest month EVER?  Wow.  How far back does your records go?  What make you think that human are responsible?  Did you ever think the Earth could be going through a cycle?  How about Solar Flares?

http://www.chronwatch.com/content/conte … ?aid=12594
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
13rin
+977|6470

destruktion_6143 wrote:

O SNAP brinson! lol, thank god for smart ppl.
Lord knows what you'd do without them...

PS.  He's wrong.  And your sig makes you a hypocrite.  I guess by not wanting to crap in a bucket so that you can make your own organic fertilizer -so that you can grow your own food- you are part of the problem.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6573|SE London

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Huh hottest AND coldest month EVER?  Wow.  How far back does your records go?  What make you think that human are responsible?  Did you ever think the Earth could be going through a cycle?  How about Solar Flares?

http://www.chronwatch.com/content/conte … ?aid=12594
Solar flares have been discounted as a possible explanation for global warming due to overwhelming evidence. It's a very old discredited theory that doesn't account for more recent changes.

I should clarify. In the UK October had the hottest day ever in October and the coldest day ever in October. I never said EVER, I said on record, there is a big difference.

*edit*
Sorry - just read your link. Thanks, I enjoy a good laugh.
There is nothing of any scientific merit in that entire article. At least solar flares were at one point (before it was investigated and disproven) a credible cause. Volcanoes? Volcanoes contribute to global cooling. Try posting links to excerpts from books written by people with a vaguely credible scientific background. Sorry, I forgot, all the scientists are in on the conspiracy.

You could at least have posted some arguments by Lindzen or tried to cling on to the completely discredited OISM report.

Your post FAILS.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2006-11-08 18:52:10)

GeneralDodo
+5|6687
Global Warming --- Sad to say this but...

its bull shit, sorry to disappoint you guys. The world is not coming to and end.

EDIT: Global warming is a political weapon used against the United States by the international left communists so that other countries believe that we are the ones to blame so that they can hate us. Take note, I never hear about people urging Europe or Asia or even Africa to stop pollution and all this non-sense.

Last edited by GeneralDodo (2006-11-08 19:34:46)

kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6541|Southeastern USA
me doing my part to contribute to global warming
https://img205.imageshack.us/img205/6564/firenz5.jpg
sorry don't know how to rotate in imageshack
https://img480.imageshack.us/img480/4143/dork1ne5.jpg
that's about 100,000,000 btu's an hour, about as much as i need to feed into a city of about 100,000 people during peak shaving

now send us more oil for our trucks bitches
https://img364.imageshack.us/img364/6058/trucksxb4.jpg
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6396|North Carolina

GeneralDodo wrote:

its bull shit, sorry to disappoint you guys. The world is not coming to and end.

EDIT: Global warming is a political weapon used against the United States by the international left communists so that other countries believe that we are the ones to blame so that they can hate us. Take note, I never hear about people urging Europe or Asia or even Africa to stop pollution and all this non-sense.
And...  like the Dodo, people like this man may eventually be extinct one day.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6713|Sydney, Australia

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

I would say aus should use nuclear energy, better for the enviroment, and Aus has a shitload of KM of deserts.
Yeah, but Nuclear energy requires water for cooling... it would have to be on the coast. That's why they are afraid -half of Australia's population live on the Eastern Coast (where the power is needed).

Why don't they just put it in the Hunter region, or at Lake Macquarie. They already have power stations there.

@ Kr@cker - What the hell is burning there?

Mcminty.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6650|BC, Canada

destruktion_6143 wrote:

Ok, so sum ppl dont want to believe in this, but just read bout these weather changes. shit, B.C. just got a months worth of rain in a few days. ppl who lived there for 50+ years have never seen this. flooding is insane, shit i dont even live there, but it is probably on its way to my province.

we, the human race, need to fucking wake up and stop being blind/selfish/greedy and do sumthing! why do people keep making excuses for what is happening?
i thought we got more rain than that 3 years ago not 50, but yes i do believe that global warming is having a negative impact.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6541|Southeastern USA

mcminty wrote:

@ Kr@cker - What the hell is burning there?

Mcminty.
DINOSAUR BONES!!!!

actually it's propane, my company does energy alternative contracts, mostly for federal/military installations. solar cells, windmills, turbine power plants. I sit in the middle of 3/4 of a million gallons of liquified propane and basically run it through a giant fuel injector capable of producing 400,000,000 btuh. propane burns at about 2500 btus per cubic foot, natural gas at about 1000, so i mix it down so the propane is indistinguishable from the natural, and the base can run off of propane should the natural gas supply become interrupted or need to be shifted elsewhere (if there is a bad icestorm in virginia they can call me up to switch the base over and divert the nat gas load north). the top pic is pure propane, that's why it's darker and a little smoky, the one over my shoulder is the "synthetic natural gas" mix of propane after running through the fuel injector, so it's brighter. it was actually almost 80 degrees that day, i'm just wearing a skull cap to keep the thing from frying my scalp (even though i was about 100 feet away). I test the system once a month through the flare, the f-15 test pilots love seeing their ir targetting systems light up.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6573|SE London

GeneralDodo wrote:

Nice to see the global warming sceptics are providing so much scientific evidence that global warming isn't happening. Show me a scientific paper refuting global warming, go on I dare you.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard