l=l-Oneill-l=l
+27|6830|Dundas, ONT, Canada
I love new invention in BF2142, when you kill some one with a knife, you get his dog tags. But I think the size could be smaller. or even dog tag would show up some where on a side. The other day i was fighting on Fall of Berlin, came up on small army of spawn-rapers..., I mean snipers. Sneak behind them and stubbed two of them. Unfortunately they where on comes with each other. and I would of finished third one but damn Dog tag was in my face and because of that third guy ran a way. I went after him and killed him with my main gun. The point is that in the heat of the battle I don't have time to look on my new trophy, when multiple stubbing is going on. Any one else think that?

P.S. Please stay on topic, and if you don't play the game or dislike BF2142 please don not post hate mail here. Thanks.

Last edited by l=l-Oneill-l=l (2006-11-06 22:56:10)

..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6642
WOW!!
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6642
yeah i kinda agree. i do wish the dog tags and badges came out of the minimaps vagina like they used to.
Reciprocity
+721|6573|the dank(super) side of Oregon
hey, who here hates the scope drift on sniper rifles?  Man, it pisses me off so much.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6432|Brisbane, Australia

this hasnt happened to me, but i can see how it would happen. Maybe it could be edited in localization files somewhere (or maybe not - idk)
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
l=l-Oneill-l=l
I don't think that would of been a big problem. Awards are small by comparison to dog tags. I know it's a different game but I have to agree with Trigger, old award (pop up) system was much better.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6767|Noizyland

I don't usually admire my prize, I just rest easy I the fact that I have this person FOREVER! I knife quite a bit and don't get knifed too often. I like to think that those who do knife me will prize my Dogtag over all.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
[J5]Dirrty.Magic
+35|6676
With a little practice, you can keep on knifing as if the tags aren't there. I've made a point of staying in the top 50 with knife kills, but I think I'm about to be ousted by the P&K server players.
Dex Luther
+32|6430|Canukastan
The badges/awards are fine, they don't get in the way too much. I agree about the tags though. They get annoying.

They should make the tags pop up on the side and/or a little smaller. They should also add a section in BFHQ where you can view all your tags (and how many of each you got if it's applicable). Kinda like the Ribbons/medal/badges pages, but the tags page would just expand continuously to accommodate the growing collection.
l=l-Oneill-l=l

Dex Luther wrote:

The badges/awards are fine, they don't get in the way too much. I agree about the tags though. They get annoying.

They should make the tags pop up on the side and/or a little smaller. They should also add a section in BFHQ where you can view all your tags (and how many of each you got if it's applicable). Kinda like the Ribbons/medal/badges pages, but the tags page would just expand continuously to accommodate the growing collection.
If you go to leader board and click on Dog tags section you will see all the dog tags that you have.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6639|Peoria

Reciprocity wrote:

hey, who here hates the scope drift on sniper rifles?  Man, it pisses me off so much.
I love the drift. It makes setting up shots easier when you get used to it.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6698|Antarctica
I agree, the dog tag is waay too big.  They need to move it away from the center of the screen and shrink it a little.
Rumfuddle
+14|6710

[J5]Dirrty.Magic wrote:

With a little practice, you can keep on knifing as if the tags aren't there. I've made a point of staying in the top 50 with knife kills, but I think I'm about to be ousted by the P&K server players.
Yeah, I like running around swinging my knife at stuff I think is there but am not completely sure...

The tag is intrusive and has gotten me killed a couple times.
CackNBallz
+45|6735|Toronto, Canada
Is there an option to change the transparency of the dogtag/awards pop ups? The damn things are opaque and I have to look down do I can see what is ahead of me while I am doing a mass fatal circumcision session.
Dex Luther
+32|6430|Canukastan

l=l-Oneill-l=l wrote:

Dex Luther wrote:

If you go to leader board and click on Dog tags section you will see all the dog tags that you have.
I know, but I'd like to see the actual dogtag and see the number of times I've gotten a particular one. I want to see how many times I've knifed a particular person.
l=l-Oneill-l=l
Oh i see what you mean. I thought you mean that you want to see your dog tags, the one you have.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6729

Does setting the HUD transparancy do any good?
doneyone
+30|6548|Holland Hardcore
i've got 98 unique dog tags now, this feature rocks, just like the rest of the game. bf2142 ftw.
Loaky
+0|6410
agreed. Since putting the dog tags in I find myself pulling the knife out more often than I did in BF2. I have roughly 130 knifes in BF2 and almost 200 in 2142. It's just something about taking another man's tags, or having someone take yours, that makes it a bit more personal between the 2 players....you just wanna find that son of a jackal and knife him back!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard