Your KDR25%25% - 22
Your Accuracy11%11% - 10
Vehicle KDR (Armor, Aviator, Helicopter, etc.)6%6% - 6
Weapon KDR (Assault Rifles, Carbines, Shotguns, etc.)17%17% - 15
Other5%5% - 5
Total: 88
LG-MindBullets
+10|6720|Kirkland, WA
This is a followup to the original post I created, which asked members what their most prized or valued stat was. The original thread can be found here: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=51916

Anyway, a few people suggested that I should make this into a poll so that's what I decided to do. Unfortunately, there are far too many stats to list them all individually for the poll so I tried to provide the most basic categories. If your favorite stat is your Sniper Rifle KDR then make sure to check Weapon KDR and just post seperately stating what specifically in that category you consider worth while. If your favorite stat is shock paddle kills or heal points then just check other and let us know.
bobroonie.bda
+143|6680
Infantry weapon KDR and victoms list.. Everytime a victom looks at there stats they see your name.. I dont know about you guys, but thats great in my book haha.

And flag work, defended, assaulted and assisted... awesome stat..

Last edited by bobroonie.bda (2006-11-07 09:54:58)

LG-MindBullets
+10|6720|Kirkland, WA

bobroonie.bda wrote:

Infantry weapon KDR and victoms list.. Everytime a victom looks at there stats they see your name.. I dont know about you guys, but thats great in my book haha.
I actually considered putting the victim list as an option but with limited questions I thought I'd leave it up to the "Other" category. Thanks for mentioning it.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
Weapon KDR. Combined with Kit (Assault) as it shows i'm still decent with AR's but not another G36E/L85 lamer.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6567|Mountains of NC

accuracy - I like knowing that
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6737|Pakistan/England
weapon KDR (sniper rifle)
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6529|Boston, MA
SMG and AT k:d
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6726|Germany

The fact that I got the WCR before 1.3
others: K/D and W/L
specops10-4
+108|6742|In the hills
Right now, I am paying attention to my global score as I am almost a major!
nlsme
+48|6414|new york
i like the victims list aswell cause i got 53
LG-MindBullets
+10|6720|Kirkland, WA

nlsme wrote:

How in the heck did you get this many victims? Are these honestly earned victims or was their stat padding and spawn camping involved?

I'm just curious, because I checked your stats and your weapon and vehicle KDR's aren't nearly as high as I would have expected. The only thing I can think of is that you have a lot of aviator kills and more than a thousand more hours logged than I do. Are most from aviator kills?

I know that 2 of the worst enemies I've had were both aviators. It was actually quite easy for them. In both cases I was the ONLY (and I mean only) person on USMC on Wake trying to get flags. So I was repeatedly bombed over and over by the same guy after neutralizing a CP.
DeepSkysUrGe
+28|6434|Jax, Fl
Weapong KDR, cuz its for those with true grit.  And I am chock full of that, son.
Sa¢ripan
+12|6738|St-Dié/ Lorraine/ France
weps kdr (>3)
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6651|pimelteror.de

LG-MindBullets wrote:

nlsme wrote:

How in the heck did you get this many victims? Are these honestly earned victims or was their stat padding and spawn camping involved?
It is easy, to get new favorite victims, when you are a baseraper... nothing to be proud about.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6808|Nårvei

Other : My teamworkscore is 27% of total score
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6579|Melbourne, Australia.
Assault rifle KD
Drax
Paddles/Plane Whore
+28|6559|Australia, NSW
shock paddle ratio
adv3rsary
+28|6714
idono.. i like my jet/chopper KDR, my Gun Accuracy, my best round score, my kill streak...

Last edited by adv3rsary (2006-11-08 03:22:16)

JayDee
+4|6380|A large sand dune
The results really show that the stats are really not telling you that much about a player. K/D ratio is apparently most important, but getting high K/D ratio has not much to do with supporting your team. You can be a sniper and get 10 kills, 2 deaths in one round without really contributing to your team. Personally I always go for getting the top score in a round, I get a feeling of "victory". This makes me value SPM and awards highest. Points are usually gained from teamwork, and thats what this game is about, yes?

But what i think makes BF a interesting game is the complexity and diverse strategies of the game. Its quite easy to become good at one or two aspects of the game, maybe tank-whoring or sniping or flying a chopper. I used to play Quake, where high accuracy with the rocketlauncher is the only thing that counts.

Well well I´m only thinking out loud here....

Last edited by JayDee (2006-11-08 04:21:49)

LG-MindBullets
+10|6720|Kirkland, WA

JayDee wrote:

The results really show that the stats are really not telling you that much about a player. K/D ratio is apparently most important, but getting high K/D ratio has not much to do with supporting your team. You can be a sniper and get 10 kills, 2 deaths in one round without really contributing to your team. Personally I always go for getting the top score in a round, I get a feeling of "victory". This makes me value SPM and awards highest. Points are usually gained from teamwork, and thats what this game is about, yes?

But what i think makes BF a interesting game is the complexity and diverse strategies of the game. Its quite easy to become good at one or two aspects of the game, maybe tank-whoring or sniping or flying a chopper. I used to play Quake, where high accuracy with the rocketlauncher is the only thing that counts.

Well well I´m only thinking out loud here....
The motivation behind me wanting to do this poll was to get an idea of what drives people to play. You're right in stating that the stats players are most interested in don't necessarily represent someone who is a good team player. Overall KDR, weapon KDR, and vehicle KDR are the top 3 categories thus far, and while all of these may be a good indicator of somone's combat skills on a personal level, they don't reflect someone who prioritizes teamwork. That isn't to say that somone with a good KDR can't also be a good team player. There are too many other factors involved to make that judgment with only a tiny bit of information.

For my own vote, I checked WLR even though this is the stat that players have the least control over. Never the less, I've managed to keep mine above 1.6 without ever playing commander. Playing for my team and as a team is my biggest concern in a round, because I know it's the best way to achieve a win.

In addition to winning I enjoy picking up the gold, silver, or bronze at the end of the round, although ironically I find that I collect more gold badges on a losing team as opposed to being on the winning team. Maybe this is because I don't have to compete with a winning commander as often for getting the gold.

Edit: I have to admit though that I like watching my weapons KDR's go up. Ever since I got a better connection and my new computer a couple months ago they've steadily been climbing, and that's without playing on IO servers.

Last edited by LG-MindBullets (2006-11-08 10:11:48)

Ubersturmbannfuhrer
I am a fucking homosexual
+211|6605|Parainen, Finland
The gold, silver and bronze star medals of course!!!!

That shows how good you are on the battlefield!!!!!

I always compare how many rounds players have played and how many stars they have!!!

That gives me some kind of picture of what kind of a player the guy is.
If you have a shitty kdr or spm or kill streak or what the fuck ever,  it proves nothing!!!
Everyone knows that even good players can die a helluva lot some days if they play on servers where for example baserape is allowed or something!!!
But you can only get bronze, silver or gold stars in one way, by being one of the best!!!!
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6528|Belgium
Accuracy is all im good at
JayDee
+4|6380|A large sand dune
Mindbullets - Maybe the combination of the three stats you mention will tell something about a player? Also, WLR is not totally irrelevant. If you check the top players they will usually have a good WLR. Personally I have recently gone from being a total nOOb to being at least one of the top 5 players every round I play. And it seems that I´m more often on the winning team nowadays .

By the way, I like your stats. Playing all classes, good armor stats. You seem to be an allround team player who stays on ground killing foes or drives ppl around in a transport chopper. Am I right?

Speeking about accuracy... Thats probably the stat that tells you the least about a players skill since all weapons have a different deviation. Grenade spammers, revive experts and grenade launcher addicts usually have high accuracy. But players that are excellent with assault rifles and light machine guns will not have much more than 20-25 % accuracy...

Last edited by JayDee (2006-11-09 06:00:57)

AnQu
Me loves you!
+3|6378|Norway
My overall K/D and my weapons K/D ratio. I also care about my SPM, but after I started piloting the chopper rather than gunning, all my stats have been worse, except teamscore.
turkeybacon
+50|6444|Dragon Valley
It used to be badges, now I'm just going for kills and flags. If I die, oh well, but its better to stay alive (more time for kills and flags). I'm also learning how to fly jets so I'll work on getting my aviator K/D ratio up. I wanna fly everything though, so dont expect a 12-1 ratio lol. I'll be lucky if I get 5 after 100 hours of practice lol.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard