Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6708|Sweden
It's time for the Republicans to wake up and see what they created

Last edited by Sh1fty2k5 (2006-11-07 05:16:59)

kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6548|Southeastern USA
bangs keyboard with forehead
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6444|The Land of Scott Walker

kr@cker wrote:

Who will save us from the evil Republicans?!??!?!  Al Gore FTW!  Oh wait, he lost the election.  Nevermind.  We all know the Republican are the only ones who drive cars or build power plants and they cause hurricanes and volcanoes with their weather machine in Texas!

Last edited by Stingray24 (2006-11-07 09:18:22)

13rin
+977|6477

destruktion_6143 wrote:

Ok, so sum ppl dont want to believe in this, but just read bout these weather changes. shit, B.C. just got a months worth of rain in a few days. ppl who lived there for 50+ years have never seen this. flooding is insane, shit i dont even live there, but it is probably on its way to my province.

we, the human race, need to fucking wake up and stop being blind/selfish/greedy and do sumthing! why do people keep making excuses for what is happening?
You should join the movement then.  First change the Mustang muscle car (gas guzzling V-8) pic in your sig to a Honda prius.  Nay, unplug your computer for you are wasting electricity.  Then ride your bike to the hardware store and buy a ton of solar panels so you can power your own house.  Then grow your own food so as a big FU to the all of the trucks pollutions from getting all of those things to market.  Buy a bucket that you can crap into so you can fertilize your veggies (don't want to use the store bought fertilizer, those pesky trucks).
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Stingray24

DBBrinson1 wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

Ok, so sum ppl dont want to believe in this, but just read bout these weather changes. shit, B.C. just got a months worth of rain in a few days. ppl who lived there for 50+ years have never seen this. flooding is insane, shit i dont even live there, but it is probably on its way to my province.

we, the human race, need to fucking wake up and stop being blind/selfish/greedy and do sumthing! why do people keep making excuses for what is happening?
You should join the movement then.  First change the Mustang muscle car (gas guzzling V-8) pic in your sig to a Honda prius.  Nay, unplug your computer for you are wasting electricity.  Then ride your bike to the hardware store and buy a ton of solar panels so you can power your own house.  Then grow your own food so as a big FU to the all of the trucks pollutions from getting all of those things to market.  Buy a bucket that you can crap into so you can fertilize your veggies (don't want to use the store bought fertilizer, those pesky trucks).
DBBrinson1 FTW

Fav quote:
Buy a bucket that you can crap in so you can fertilize your veggies . . . ROFLMAO
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
so how did GW cause that early snowstorm in buffalo last month?
Stingray24

kr@cker wrote:

so how did GW cause that early snowstorm in buffalo last month?
He told all the cows in Texas to fart at once, pushing more moisture into the atmosphere, causing the snowfall in Buffalo.
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6525|Milkystania, yurop
I'm not scared of war or anything but global warming scares the shit out of me....What if i get children will there be anything left for them or will we in 50 years think wow Dice/Ea were right when they made bf 2142 this is scary
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
i have some pictures developed for ATG's self portrait thread, got some incriminating evidence of me raping mother earth and making her all hot, i'll post em tonight. if imageshack works that is, kept buggering up last night
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
What's the point of even bothering with the climate. As long as the #1 Polluter doesn't give a shit i won't. Fuck the future it's screwed anyway.
13rin
+977|6477

Stingray24 wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

DBBrinson1 FTW

Fav quote:
Buy a bucket that you can crap in so you can fertilize your veggies . . . ROFLMAO
People reallly do this:
http://jenkinspublishing.com/toilets.html
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
IRONCHEF
+385|6489|Northern California

destruktion_6143 wrote:

I agree but not knowing the science of the earth's climate moods, I don't know if it's stoppable regardless of if man/industry created it or not.  I believe we created or at least intensified things.  The glaciers and polar caps are melting faster than they'd predict by nature and of course there's other findings that finger mankind for the cause.  But still, even with full Kyoto protocols in place, or even escalated versions of it and even other such environmental positions..I doubt it's stoppable. 

As for your description above, it sounds like the "EL NINO" climate phenomenon.  It's an ocean current related phenomenon that causes dry spells on one side and wet spells on the other.  It rotates between the pacific and atlantic coasts of the americas.  not sure how it effects other continents.
Stingray24

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

DBBrinson1 FTW

Fav quote:
People reallly do this:
http://jenkinspublishing.com/toilets.html
Fav quotes:
Stores under cabinet. 
"What's that smell?"  "Oh that's just the crap bucket under the sink."
Urinal in office. 
"What's that other smell?" "That's the piss bucket.  We change it at the end of the week."  *hurls*
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6567|Oxford
Global warming would happen whether we were here or not. We're just coming out of a mini ice age so naturally temperatures will go up. Ice core samples show this has been the way for millions of years, with the earth never reaching a temperate 'equilibrium', always fluctuating between ice ages and tropical climates.

I won't deny man does nothing to contribute or speed the process, but no where near the extent most environmental groups believe.
Stingray24

RicardoBlanco wrote:

Global warming would happen whether we were here or not. We're just coming out of a mini ice age so naturally temperatures will go up. Ice core samples show this has been the way for millions of years, with the earth never reaching a temperate 'equilibrium', always fluctuating between ice ages and tropical climates.

I won't deny man does nothing to contribute or speed the process, but no where near the extent most environmental groups believe.
+1 tomorrow, I karma'd too much today.  So many posts, so little karma.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6536|Long Island, New York

Stingray24 wrote:

kr@cker wrote:

Who will save us from the evil Republicans?!??!?!  Al Gore FTW!  Oh wait, he lost the election.  Nevermind.  We all know the Republican are the only ones who drive cars or build power plants and they cause hurricanes and volcanoes with their weather machine in Texas!
Technically he won it by popular vote. And just because the electoral collage made him lose doesn't make him any less educated that he is. Nobody ever said it's just republicans who are doing this, it's everyone. but it's the republicans in the white house who don't do anything. The only republican I've seen who actually took a step to do something is Schwarzenegger over in Cali.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6625|Canada

DBBrinson1 wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

How would you know what im doing for the environment? i actually DO have solar panels to power at least half of my electricity. i dont drive. just b/c i like the look of a car it doesnt meant just b/c it uses gas i cant show a pic of it. Calgary is too dry to grow any of my own food.  i am part of the solution u jackass, dont try to make your own little conclusions bout my life.

btw, what are you doing for the plant. do you recycle? use energysaving lightbulbs? those two little things would go a loooonnnnggg way if everyone did it.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6625|Canada

Mekstizzle wrote:

What's the point of even bothering with the climate. As long as the #1 Polluter doesn't give a shit i won't. Fuck the future it's screwed anyway.
thats the problem. most people dont care, they just give up. just go die now if you think of this that way.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6766

Bubbalo wrote:

The water issues in Australia don't have a whole lot to do with global warming, they have more to do with the fact that the population is growing.
The drought has nothing to do with it?

Population growth is causing less precipitation?

Last edited by BN (2006-11-07 19:43:08)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6403|North Carolina

Sh1fty2k5 wrote:

Um...  It's more like...  It's time for humanity to wake up and see what pollution has done to their world.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

destruktion_6143 wrote:

Yes, the weather is supposed to remain stable for the duration of a planets existence.

Sh1fty2k5 wrote:

Is that sarcasm or are you actually giving a political party credit for climate change? Guess I'd better vote Republican, if they're that omnipotent.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-11-07 18:18:52)

Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6672|Canada Eh?
It's odd, down here I remember having a foot of snow when I passed for halloween, It's now a week into november and we haven't had our first snowfall yet let alone any accumulation
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6720|Sydney, Australia

Ty wrote:

See Al Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth". For a movie that's nothing more than a powerpoint presentation it's bloody good. He's in New Zealand next week giving it. Strictly invite only. My Dad get's to go.
Tell your dad:

"You sir, are a lucky bastard" - from Mcminty.

The only problem is that the people that get to go to his seminars, on invite only, are the ones that already know the problem (hopefully). The average Joe needs to find out the truth, not the bullshit that is spoon fed to them by the rich and influencial polluters.

Here is an example of the utter bullshit that these organisations are producing:

And another one...

Douchebags,

Mcminty.
13rin
+977|6477

destruktion_6143 wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

How would you know what im doing for the environment? i actually DO have solar panels to power at least half of my electricity. i dont drive. just b/c i like the look of a car it doesnt meant just b/c it uses gas i cant show a pic of it. Calgary is too dry to grow any of my own food.  i am part of the solution u jackass, dont try to make your own little conclusions bout my life.

btw, what are you doing for the plant. do you recycle? use energysaving lightbulbs? those two little things would go a loooonnnnggg way if everyone did it.
OOH... I touched a nerve.  Just half of your house is solar powered?  Lame.  So then you can what?  Wash your dishes in semi-warm water?  Why would you glorify a gas-guzzling V8 in your sig if we need to "fucking wake up"?  I bet if you built a sprinkler system out of recycled diapers you could sufficiently water your garden and grow your own food.  Seriously though, you should look into that crapper system I posted above.... You could eat food that grew off of your own feces... YUMMMY!!!

What am I doing to save the environment?  Well lets see... I dump old car oil in my yard to kill weeds.  I throw metal into "paper" recycling bins..  I drive a Jeep Rubicon which gets 10 miles to the gallon...  Oh yea! Recycling is a sham!  Watch Penn & Tellers "Bullshit!" episode on it.  It actually costs more and does less for the environment to recycle than throw it away.... For example:  You recycle paper right?  WRONG.  How about the pollution of the trucks it takes to get it to the recycling plant?  Then the paper is sorted.  I wouldn't want that job for some asshole like me is throwing metal into the bins!  Back on topic though; sorted paper -right....   It gets the ink bleached off it in several methods.  Using your lingo, "WTF" do they do with all that ink/bleach mixture?  Can't dump it into the river.  How about the energy it takes to use the mixers?  There are trees specifically grown for being turned to paper.  Finally, forests are a renewable resource.  Get that, what was your word? Ah right -JACKASS!  So if you recycle paper, then you have less trees cause you don't need them.

Holy hell, don't get me started on plastics. 

How about your poster boy Gore?  How much jet fuel do you think he wastes on his campaign?  Gore owns two houses.  In the area where his houses are located he could pay pennies more per watt consumed to the power company for "alternative/greener" methods.  Has he done it?  Hell no!  Even the Democratic Party HQ hasn't.  You've bought swamp land.  Unless you're into hunting wood ducks, I suggest you sell.

Stop being spoon fed by the kanuk left and think for your self for a change.  In the mean time think of a  guy who isn't wasting his time sorting though his trash and playing BF2 while laughing at people like you whom haven't got a clue...

Oh yea.  I almost forgot....
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/res … ional.html

BRINSON OUT!!! FOR THE WIN!!!

PS.  using the spell check and checking your grammar / punctuation wouldn't hurt you either.  Feel free to F-Bomb me all you want... I actually expect it.

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2006-11-07 22:10:45)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6560

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Lol
Good to see that I'm not the only one who appreciates black humour

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Yeah Lucas Heights is in sydney right?
Indeedily doodily.

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

I would say aus should use nuclear energy, better for the enviroment, and Aus has a shitload of KM of deserts.
I agree with you, but everyone over here is terrified of it for some reason.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard