Dsp-CS-
Claymore magnet
+98|6717|Alaska

jkohlc wrote:

ram the chopper
your one of those dumbasses that do that huh, there is nothing in this game i hate more than dumbass rammers who just strait up ram people without giving a shit, people like that fuck the game up
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6632|London, England
I keep poking at my target in full throttle getting as much speed as i can, aiming for the very weak cockpit. That way it's hard for him to get me and i also don't make myself an easiy(er) target for enemy jets/AA. Of course, you usually don't kill him but most of the time you make him go back for repairs or something else finishes it off. Usually you can go back and finish him off if you fly your plane right so that you're evading enemy jets. Of course, you should be taking out enemy jets first and foremost. Then going after the enemy chopper. Unless said chopper is absoloutley raping

Only if i absoloutley know the sky is clear will i slow down to finish them off in one run, when i do that i attack from the bottom or the top, trying to confuse them as to where i'm coming from. Remember to always stay in bomb mode. Missles aren't really worth the effort.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2006-11-06 08:37:11)

..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6660
slow down when u are approaching the chopper ansd shoot it with machine gun.
Spiers.ckz
+10|6539

E7IX3R wrote:

Spiers.ckz wrote:

david363 wrote:

just slow down and use the mg's .....works everytime
never slow down !!! it leaves you wide open for a TV shot if the pilot/gunner is half decent, not to mention enemy jets. Just line up from a distance and dont forget that if the heli is moving make sure that you aim a bit in front of its path.
Thats what I just said in my post above you...
any chance i might have been writing my post at the same time as you ? .. only 28 secs apart. But i guess we agree then.

Last edited by Spiers.ckz (2006-11-07 01:12:17)

slicknic
+145|6637
have geometry on high, have your bombs selected so they dont have an aa tone (so they dont dodge till too late)  and lead the bullets... if the bullets hit for like half a second.. its dead... they do an insane amount of damage.
Rogue_granny
+22|6577
A very quick way to take out choppers is when you come in and you have the chopper in your target open up with your guns when you hit the chopper like this you will see a slight explosion at the back of the chopper quickly switch to heat seekers and wham, they home in on the explosion, Ive done this on some servers and they thought i was cheating i was taking them out so quickly
Djbrown
+129|6507|Adelaide, Aussieland
I Always approach them from side on and just lead them with the MG's. never go in AA mode or itll just flip around. And if they ever survive the initial pass ill bomb them as i pull up over them. Bombing helicopters is fun because if you hit the cockpit, the bomb takes out the pilots but doesnt blow up the chopper.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6664

slicknic wrote:

have geometry on high, have your bombs selected so they dont have an aa tone (so they dont dodge till too late)  and lead the bullets... if the bullets hit the windshield for like half a second.. its dead... they do an insane amount of damage.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Dr0pped
+8|6765|Ontario, Canada
When I fly choppers, the only jets that get me regularly are the ones who do NOT use a-a mode. Or, of course, the rammers. 
adv3rsary
+28|6727
dont lock.. switch to bombs and shoot the chopper with the machine gun

other method is get yourself a flying partner.. jet 1 passes and locks on the chopper so the chop pilot flares.. then next jet comes along and shoots 2 missles while chop's flares are still not reloaded.. works every single time...

Last edited by adv3rsary (2006-11-07 15:32:28)

specops10-4
+108|6754|In the hills
The big secret, OH, is not to go to your missle HUD.  The heli wont know that your coming, you aim at their rotor area (it is an unusually large hitbox) and fire.  Also make sure you slow down when you come in to gun em!
oldgoat
Alcohol & calculus don't mix. Never drink & derive
+5|6528
put c4s all over the planes nose and go in detonater mode then go up to the heli and go straight at him but just before you ram him jump out and parachute and then blow it.
JaggedPanther
+61|6485
Well I'm off to buy 3 bags of cookies now.  If you're ever in The Garage bar in Toronto Canada, you can each pick them up there

Kthxbye
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6644|USA
attack from the top. Fly directly Down ONTO the chopper and turn away at the last second. DONT FIRE UNTIL FLARES ARE GONE! but fire as soon as possible DONT WAIT>
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6519
dont use missiles, come from as far as away as possible, make sure ur bombs are set, not ur missiles, and gun it down, takes 2 trys max and its dead, if u dont miss the machine gun shots of course.
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6529|USA
i PWN n00bs that slow down-
nothing better than tv'ing a j-10 on wake-
you know he tked for it too
TrueArchon
Enemy Sniper..." *BOOM* "Nevermind... got him...
+61|6605|Las Vegas, NV USA

JaggedPanther wrote:

So there is no enemy jets in the air but the chopper is pounding your allies.

How do you shoot down choppers effectively in a jet? I use canon's but don't have the 'sniper like' aiming like some other pilots yet.  The missles always fly by.  ....
There are ally fighter pilots out there that try, and even succeed, to shoot down enemy choppers?!

In the words of South Park:

"I CALL SHINANAGENS!"  ... or however it is spelled.
ikillyou9090
+24|6559
go into bombing setup and come from the side from a little bit away, so he doesnt realize your coming, simple enough keep it straight and aim..

no joystick needed..joystik nubs
san4
The Mas
+311|6699|NYC, a place to live
The only way to aim the MG's accurately is to practice a huge amount.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6602|Your attic
If you can, use MG's, slow down a tiny bit (but stay over 600) and as above aim for the cockpit.

If you really are struggling then there is always the missile trick, but I don't know if that needs to be spread any more than it currently is.
47man
+46|6435|Cali
Once you get close, change to missles and unload, most will hit without any lock.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard