LGRK2031
+5|6685|Germany
I cannot log into my account, 'cause it keeps telling me: "EA Masterserver connection lost", further I got a message: "There is a new patch ready for download" this message I got only once.

Anyone else having this problem logging into the Masterserver?
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6639|Los Angeles, California, US.
Yep, Its Maintenance Time, Get Use To It.

Edit : Spelling.

Last edited by DaReJa (2006-11-07 02:32:58)

Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6558|Doncaster, UK
It's EA maintenance time again. Looks like we're gonna get notified of a new patch every Tuesday
LGRK2031
+5|6685|Germany
I just noticed cannot log into the EA-downloader either. Wanted to check if there is really a new patch out. Couldn't find anything with google though.

Last edited by LGRK2031 (2006-11-07 02:38:07)

j3ster
+3|6724
Happens every Tuesday between about 09:00 and 11:00 GMT, server is down for maintenance.
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6657|Malibu
BTW it is their routine maintenance procedure. Every Tuesday in the dawn they do it (supposedly).
LGRK2031
+5|6685|Germany
Oh ok, thx.

So I keep waiting for it to work again.
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6657|Malibu

LGRK2031 wrote:

Oh ok, thx.

So I keep waiting for it to work again.
Exactly
Blazeoneoneo
+0|6630|Scotland
Seriously  - when I bought the game I must have been under the impression I could play it when I liked. I can't remember seeing a sign saying 'Mild Violence - Can't play on Tuesdays'.   I'm anoyed........
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6654|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

j3ster wrote:

Happens every Tuesday between about 09:00 and 11:00 GMT, server is down for maintenance.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6759|The United Center

Blazeoneoneo wrote:

Seriously  - when I bought the game I must have been under the impression I could play it when I liked. I can't remember seeing a sign saying 'Mild Violence - Can't play on Tuesdays'.   I'm anoyed........
Seriously, then learn to read.  It says it plain as day in the EULA.  You know, that long list of points you probably just scrolled through and clicked "Yes, I understand and accept the terms and conditions of the EULA."
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6657|Malibu

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Blazeoneoneo wrote:

Seriously, then learn to read.  It says it plain as day in the EULA.  You know, that long list of points you probably just scrolled through and clicked "Yes, I understand and accept the terms and conditions of the EULA."
LoL
jusadbellum
+1|6406
What a crock of shit.

you can't bind someone to the Eula after they have bought it and then OPENED THE BOX.

thats not binding in contract law ...

The very least they could do is allow single player direct connections or something like that.

FFS.

*sigh*
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

jusadbellum wrote:

What a crock of shit.

you can't bind someone to the Eula after they have bought it and then OPENED THE BOX.

thats not binding in contract law ...

The very least they could do is allow single player direct connections or something like that.

FFS.

*sigh*
How is it not binding in contract law?  Are you a lawyer?  Do you fully understand the judicial system?  I thought not.

If you disagree with the EULA, then click the "I disagree" box.  That's why there's an option.
jusadbellum
+1|6406
Hey flog boy,

This is extraneous evidence.

you cannot attach additional terms to an agreed contract.

See the microsoft case for US law on EULA's, the ruling was IIRC and paraphrasing here
"no one would read something that long and it isn't reasonable, so we won't bind people to it"

Have a great day.
spawnofthemist
Banned

jusadbellum wrote:

Hey flog boy,

See the microsoft case for US law on EULA's, the ruling was IIRC and paraphrasing here
"no one would read something that long and it isn't reasonable, so we won't bind people to it"

Have a great day.
you never answered Thomas's questions.
tor11
Grunt
+18|6772|Os , Norway
I know i have read it but for how long does the maintenance last?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6728

spawnofthemist wrote:

jusadbellum wrote:

Hey flog boy,

Have a great day.
you never answered Thomas's questions.
No he hasn't.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

jusadbellum wrote:

Hey flog boy,

Have a great day.
Of what additional terms do you speak?  All terms agreed upon have been included in the EULA since the game was released.  By clicking the "Yes, I understand and accept the terms and conditions in the EULA" box, you've basically forfeited your right to argue otherwise.  You can't just decide a month later that you disagree with them.

It's the equivalent of getting a credit card and agreeing to the terms and conditions...and then when the bill comes, you change your mind.

Also, please use a dictionary before using big words you don't understand.  Nowhere did I bring any 'extraneous evidence' into the conversation.  Plus, the EA EULA really isn't unreasonable, nor is it lengthy.  Besides, if you didn't read it, then what are you doing signing your name at the bottom of the contract?  Next time make this argument before you've already agreed to the terms.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

tor11 wrote:

It's usually only for a couple hours.  If I remember correctly from BF2, sometimes it lasted ten minutes, sometimes it lasted two hours.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6558|Doncaster, UK

jusadbellum wrote:

Hey flog boy,

Have a great day.
Regardless of whether you are bound to it or not, you are duly notified of downtime at the specified hours. Ignorance is not an argument if the information was there for your perusal and you chose not to read it.

This isn't an issue of being legally bound to an EULA, it's that fact that you were told about it and had the option to disagree with the terms, not install the game and return it for a full refund.
jusadbellum
+1|6406
yes I did answer his questions.
and he didn't read the reply (or understand it).
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

jusadbellum wrote:

yes I did answer his questions.
and he didn't read the reply (or understand it).
The hypocritical irony in this reply alone astounds me.

You're not a lawyer and I doubt you've ever studied law at any level past high school.  Therefore, your theories and opinions of a legally binding document are questionable at best.

As for reading and understanding your reply, I did both, as can be proven by my rebuttal.  Now please, direct your attention to the 20th post in this thread.
spawnofthemist
Banned

ThomasMorgan wrote:

tor11 wrote:

It's usually only for a couple hours.  If I remember correctly from BF2, sometimes it lasted ten minutes, sometimes it lasted two hours.
9am - 11am GMT.

it should be over now.
tor11
Grunt
+18|6772|Os , Norway

ThomasMorgan wrote:

tor11 wrote:

Thanks!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard