FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA
I know this will never happen but I got the idea from the jeep on carrier thread. What if the transport helis had a big magnet on the bottom on a rope so that they could pick up tanks and shit. You could use it and fly an enemy tank and drop it in the water or you could grab a friendly tank and use it as a gunner of an attack heli. Think of the comedy that would be involved with that add-on.
LG-MindBullets
+10|6721|Kirkland, WA
In Battlefield Vietnam they had a tow cable on the double bladed helicopters that could pick up jeeps, boats, and tanks. I actually got good at dropping jeeps and boats on top of enemy infantry and killing them. Unfortunately, it doesn't credit you with the kill. It just says "Player X is no more." Still a fun way to kill people though. A similar feature would be interesting to see in BF2.

Edit: This feature and napalm was about the only cool feature in BFV, which is why it was so quickly forgotten.

Last edited by LG-MindBullets (2006-11-06 15:55:36)

DisasterMaster
+5|6403|(0,0,0)
Yay, cartillary would be back!!! (I don't camp that often, so I didn't hate it)

-Since BF2 takes place after vietnam, why did the technology to pick up jeeps with helicopters go away? It has the advantage to kill someone/multiple people, but the risk of giving the enemy a jeep.
LG-MindBullets
+10|6721|Kirkland, WA

DisasterMaster wrote:

-Since BF2 takes place after vietnam, why did the technology to pick up jeeps with helicopters go away? It has the advantage to kill someone/multiple people, but the risk of giving the enemy a jeep.
Yeah, I agree it should have been carried over. Although I think that we're all missing the point of what it's really meant to be used for, which is dropping reinforcement vehicles for your allies on the battle front or moving tanks long distances quickly. I don't think it was ever intended to be used offensively, though Dice should've known that players would find some way to exploit it as a weapon.

It was also fun to pick up an occupied tank and fly around while one of your allies fires from the tank. You run the risk of both being shot down, but it's quite shocking to the enemy to see a flying tank firing at them.
chaosdragon001
Whee
+53|6508|Los Angeles, California

LG-MindBullets wrote:

DisasterMaster wrote:

It was also fun to pick up an occupied tank and fly around while one of your allies fires from the tank. You run the risk of both being shot down, but it's quite shocking to the enemy to see a flying tank firing at them.
You could shoot if someone was in them while flying.. It was awesome. I'd lift my brother with the chinook, and he'd just fly around in a tank, all the while in the machine gun position shooting stuff.

I like to drop boats on people...

I'd like to see this implemented on BF2... or a C-130 or something airdropping a few tanks/APCs/Helis...
VicktorVauhn
+319|6392|Southern California
You need to be able to drive DPV's up into the back of transport choppers....It would fit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard