Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6590|England
ZOMG iam sorry the whole world is in debt to the yanks please forgive me for doubting you guys you are the best .

ATG & Ender2309

why post and think anyone is going to take you serious when you cant post without posting whine/flame ??

Like i said its sad the US lost so many but you ATG forgot to mention the other fallen who lay side by side in the same fields as your fallen and spilled the same blood as you fellows.

I have family in the US and generally love the place.but i will not stand for you guys saying we owe you,when its obvious we don't .
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6539|Global Command

Knight`UK wrote:

ZOMG iam sorry the whole world is in debt to the yanks please forgive me for doubting you guys you are the best .

ATG & Ender2309

why post and think anyone is going to take you serious when you cant post without posting whine/flame ??

Like i said its sad the US lost so many but you ATG forgot to mention the other fallen who lay side by side in the same fields as your fallen and spilled the same blood as you fellows.

I have family in the US and generally love the place.but i will not stand for you guys saying we owe you,when its obvious we don't .
Those are AMERICAN cemeteries.
Can you point to another nation that has shed so much blood for others?

Didn't think so.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6571

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Very few countries have lost so many for a cause other than their own.
Name one occasion on which Australia was threatened.  And yet we have consistently fought wars all over the world.  The difference is we don't go around demand hero worship.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6571

ATG wrote:

That's right: the rest of the Allies buried their dead in the fields where they fell, side by side, as brothers.
kilgoretrout
+53|6480|Little Rock, AR

Bubbalo wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Name one occasion on which Australia was threatened.  And yet we have consistently fought wars all over the world.  The difference is we don't go around demand hero worship.
Australia totally kicks ass.  The only other country in the world I could possibly live is Australia.  Sydney is the most beutiful city I've ever been to.

On topic, Australia always rolls with us.  You guys are great allies.
ATG
Banned
And Australia didn't feel threatened in WW2?

The Australian SAS fought in Afganistan and Iraq because they are our lackies, right?

And the other " Allied" nations don't have enough dead to fill up their own cemeteries, or they would have them.
klassekock
Proud Born Loser
+68|6596|Sweden

ATG wrote:

I never said you owe it all to us.
The point was to remind you people of them boyz pushing up daisies. They are not there for oil, or money or politics, they are there for freedom.
Dying in a war is just plain stupid, no matter what the cause is!!!!!
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6580|USA

Knight`UK wrote:

ATG & Ender2309

wait wait wait, back this up a bit here.

when the hell did i ever say you owed me? never. not once. the world owes those soldiers who died a hell of a lot, but not a dime to america.

you owe them your freedom, your happiness, your family, everything.
kilgoretrout
+53|6480|Little Rock, AR

klassekock wrote:

ATG wrote:

The point was to remind you people of them boyz pushing up daisies. They are not there for oil, or money or politics, they are there for freedom.
That's probably the dumbest thing I've ever read...
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6502|Connecticut

Bubbalo wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

You are trying right now. I love Australia. It is on my top 3 of all of the places I have been to. I really hate you though. You are an ass, and you embarass a very great country. Shut up. For Australia. I said "very few" in my post that you quoted. Australia, UK, Canada and Japan are our greatest allies and are proud nations. READ MY POST NEXT TIME AND UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENT.

Last edited by deeznutz1245 (2006-11-05 01:23:44)

Malloy must go
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6571
The UK lost almost as many soldiers as the US, dipshit.  And in per capita terms, Australia lost more than the US.
ATG
Banned

kilgoretrout wrote:

klassekock wrote:

ATG wrote:

That's probably the dumbest thing I've ever read...
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6590|England

ATG wrote:

Knight`UK wrote:

ATG & Ender2309

Didn't think so.
Did you even read the replies here or just pick the bits you feel are wrong in your mind ??in ww2 its known FACT other countires lost more then you .

Did you forget the fact its not you that always fight the wars but other countries stand side by side with you and shed ther blood also ??
deeznutz1245
+483|6502|Connecticut

Bubbalo wrote:

The UK lost almost as many soldiers as the US, dipshit.  And in per capita terms, Australia lost more than the US.
Which is why they are listed in my previous post......dipshit.
Malloy must go
ATG
Banned

deeznutz1245 wrote:

You are trying right now. I love Australia. It is on my top 3 of all of the places I have been to. I really hate you though. You are an ass, and you embarass a very great country. Shut up. For Australia. I said "very few" in my post that you quoted. Australia, UK, Canada and Japan are our greatest allies and are proud nations. READ MY POST NEXT TIME AND UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENT.
I would interject that, although misguided and naive,  https://i7.tinypic.com/21ez5ep.jpg deserves a little more respect than that.

I definately don't hate you  https://i7.tinypic.com/21ez5ep.jpg, and I usually enjoy debating you. Just ease up on the insurgent love, for Christs sake, will you???
blisteringsilence
I'd rather hunt with Cheney than ride with Kennedy
+83|6711|Little Rock, Arkansas

Knight`UK wrote:

Disagree 

UK was not loseing when you entered but suffering from a massive blitz all over the UK,ever heard of the battle of britian ???

We where fighting with a very small force all over the place and stretched very thin yet we where holding our own.

I think you will find UK commando's took out the jet programmes and heavy water projects the germans had running .Please correct me if iam wrong .I am sad for the lost the U.S.A went through but dont forget other countries suffered aswell if not worse then the U.S.A
I have, as it turns out, heard of the Battle of Britain. Air warfare, right? The RAF vs. the Luftwaffe? The vaunted Spitfire and her heroic pilots against the technologically superior Messerschmidt's and Focke-Wulfs?

The question you should be asking is how did these planes come to be assembled? Who provided the funds, the raw materials, the design improvements when the RR radial engines had compressor failures? That's right, those useless Americans.

And who provided squadrons of pilots to fly those planes? Useless Americans again.

And in North Africa. Its a big desert. Full of German tanks and AA/AAA guns. And "ze germans" were beating the British back. At this point, the useless Americans, identified as II Corps, were fighting under British Command. And losing. Then, this other useless American, Patton, got promoted and put in charge. He fought west, Monty fought east, and the Germans were forced out of North Africa.

So, then we decide to invade mainland Europe. The allies picked another useless American, Eisenhower, to command the forces and draw up the invasion plans. He did a pretty crappy job (as is usual for Americans in positions of power), and only made a big assed hole in Hitler's Atlantic wall.

And the casualties you mentioned earlier? How the useless Americans only played a minor role in Operation Overlord? The US lost 29K dead with another 109K missing and wounded. The Brits lost 11K dead and 54K wounded and missing. And the almighty Canadians, savior of all, lost 5K dead and 13K miss ind and wounded.

We won't discuss how the useless Americans blew Operation Market Garden (wait, was that them?). Or how they triumphed in the Battle of the Bulge.

But what we really won't discuss is how the Marshall Plan rebuilt western Europe. From the ground up. Every major European company was recreated with money from the Marshall plan. Schools, roads, universities, hospitals, all built with money from the Marshall plan.  The UK got a measle $3.3 billion in 1949 dollars (that's $25 billion in todays dollars, for those keeping up).

But hey, what can you do. The Americans are useless. Shit on them.
kilgoretrout
+53|6480|Little Rock, AR

Knight`UK wrote:

ATG wrote:

Knight`UK wrote:

ATG & Ender2309

Didn't think so.
Did you even read the replies here or just pick the bits you feel are wrong in your mind ??in ww2 its known FACT other countires lost more then you .

Did you forget the fact its not you that always fight the wars but other countries stand side by side with you and shed ther blood also ??
Fair enough.  That being said, what did the US have to gain by being involved in Europe?  Everyone says "you only joined the war because Japan bombed Pearl Harbor."  Why did we go to Europe at all?  Why didn't we just concentrate our full forces on the Pacific front and attack Japan exclusively?  We didn't gain anything by helping the Europeans.  We didn't have a specific beef with Germany or Italy.

Also, how many Frenchman does it take to defend Paris?  Nobody knows, they've never tried...  Sorry, that's irrelevant and nobody French has said anything on this post.  The French just happen to be the only group of people I can't stand...
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6571

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

That was a response to ATGs claim that the European powers couldn't fill their own cemeteries.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6571

ATG wrote:

Just ease up on the insurgent love
When have I ever professed love for the insurgents?  I have equal distaste for both sides.
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6590|England

Ender2309 wrote:

Knight`UK wrote:

ATG & Ender2309

when the hell did i ever say you owed me? never. not once. the world owes those soldiers who died a hell of a lot, but not a dime to america.

I owe the soldiers of the Allies alot i agree but what made me mad with you and ATG is that you both think the US fought and won the war on your own .And you fellas wont even admitt that others have suffered loses just as heavy as you fellows.
kilgoretrout
+53|6480|Little Rock, AR

Bubbalo wrote:

ATG wrote:

Just ease up on the insurgent love
When have I ever professed love for the insurgents?  I have equal distaste for both sides.
Well, you certainly implied insurgent love when you asked how to send them a card...
ATG
Banned

Knight`UK wrote:

ATG wrote:

Knight`UK wrote:

ATG & Ender2309

Didn't think so.
Did you even read the replies here or just pick the bits you feel are wrong in your mind ??in ww2 its known FACT other countries lost more then you .

Did you forget the fact its not you that always fight the wars but other countries stand side by side with you and shed their blood also ??
Yes, I obviously read your post, I quoted it didn't I?
Other countries may have lost more people, but did those people VOLUNTEER  for it?
Didn't think so.

BTW in ww1 and ww2 the U.S. got involved because it saw Germany taking over Europe, and perhaps the world. We would have eventually attacked Japan any ways as she was in the process of murdering all of China and the Philippines
deeznutz1245
+483|6502|Connecticut

Bubbalo wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

That was a response to ATGs claim that the European powers couldn't fill their own cemeteries.
Oh, sorry. I still hate you though.
Malloy must go
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6684|Canberra, AUS

Ender2309 wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

USA only joined WWWII because of Pearl Harbour. Of course I commend them for dropping their isolationist status and joining but they were initially acting on their own problems, not Europes.
does it really matter? if the USA hadn't intervened when it it did the map would look like this: north/south america, Japan, Germany, and maybe Russia.

Edit: bubbalo, stfu. just stfu. you wouldn't even be able to bitch if it weren't for those men. you'd be speaking german or japanese, and thats if you were lucky, you selfish asshole. the US didn't even need to fight in the european conflict. it was of little concern to us, just the japanese one mattered.
You might need to be re-acquainted with facts there. While the US did help the defence in Australia, it was primarily the result of the ADF's amazing feats on the Kokoda track and Milne Bay.

Either that or the fact that you didn't know bubbalo in an AUSTRALIAN. Not a German, British or Frenchman.

Last edited by Spark (2006-11-05 01:33:11)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
ATG
Banned

Knight`UK wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

Knight`UK wrote:

ATG & Ender2309

I owe the soldiers of the Allies alot i agree but what made me mad with you and ATG is that you both think the US fought and won the war on your own .And you fellas wont even admitt that others have suffered loses just as heavy as you fellows.
No, that goes without saying.
Jesus, its going to be Veterns day. Instead of pile driving me for this thread, why don't you post something here, or start another thread about your own fallen?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard