lord_tyler_486
+54|6752|Upper Franconia
I shot two F35-Bs on wake. One coming at me near the north village thing and the other flying slowly away after bombing the airfield. It was like BO000OOOM HEAD SHOT!!!!1!!11!1one
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6688|UK
I killed a J10 with a FAV
samfink
+31|6555
I killed a j10 with an essex gun.
LG-MindBullets
+10|6721|Kirkland, WA

im_in_heaven wrote:

LG-MindBullets wrote:

In my BF2 history I've destroyed jets with a tank 14 times, 9 times with the AT kit, and probably about 20+ times with TV guided missiles. These kills do not include runway kills. These were full flight kills.

This reminds me of a stat feature I wish was recorded. It'd be nice if BF2 recorded how many vehicles you killed, of what type, and with what weapon or vehicle. I have a KDR of 2.5, which isn't all that great, but if you could see that a very large percentage of my kills are vehicles I think it would be much more impressive.

I think I would have one of the highest percentages of vehicles kills out of all BF2 players. I'm consistently able to take down helis with about 70% percent accuracy with a tank and can often take on 2 or more armored vehicles solo as AT, spec ops, or an armor driver. It isn't unusual for me to take down 12+ helis on a map with either the AT kit, a humvee, or a tank.

Still, very impressive shot.

Edit: I don't play air maps very often because I don't have a joystick and my SPM goes way down since I spend most my time driving, but I'm considering creating a seperate "fun" account where I just try to see how many jets and helis I can take down in unusual ways. Taking helis down with the grenade launcher and TOW can also be a lot of fun. I hope to one day take down a jet with the noob tuber.
The reason you do all this is because all you play is sharqi anyone can shoot down the heli on that map since the heli flys so low.
True I play Sharqi a LOT, but I'm still able to pull these types of shots off on other maps as well. Wake Island is where I've had the most success against jets, but as I mentioned I don't play air maps often because I don't have a joystick and don't like driving around all day.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6779|Great Brown North
took out a jet with the TOW before... ass tried to MG me also took out a few that were slowing down too much with AT and with a tank
SexyCabbage
One Shot, One Kill ... Always
+68|6480|Kentucky
not that hard if u camp an uncap
LG-MindBullets
+10|6721|Kirkland, WA

krazed wrote:

took out a jet with the TOW before... ass tried to MG me also took out a few that were slowing down too much with AT and with a tank
Very impressive. I'm still looking forward to the day when I take down a jet with the TOW or the Noob Tube. Helis are easy enough with these two weapons. Jets will be quite a bit trickier.
bobby177
+129|6473|Texas.. getting out asap

samfink wrote:

I killed a j10 with an essex gun.
Really? I didn't know that was possible
cohen1976
+14|6767
lol i just shot a J10 coming back for me out of the sky with the cobra, not with the TV missle but with the normal missles it feels huge to see that after that he dident turn around anymore to try and kill us
MastersMom
YOUR mom goes to college
+61|6655
Anyone remember the arty tanks on Desert Combat mod for BF1942?  There were two types, one with all the rockets, the other that was a big ssssllllooooowwww tank that shot one shell at a time.  I was in the really slow big tank and had a chopper lining me up.  He was almost perfectly in line with my turret, I turned to the right just a bit and took him out with the arty tank.  Not 10 seconds later a jet came at me from the same direction and I got him too.

This was the first time I played BF, and was on a friends computer.  My friend just about shit himself laughing, I really had no idea what I had done.

Other than that, my only real outstanding jet kill was tv missle on a f35 that had been hovering.  Just started to take off from hover when I took him out...not really a big deal.
HAKEEEM
+0|6567
LOL my most favorite memory of all time bf2 was when i teamkilled a j-10 on wake with my Eryx.  i was shooting at a BH who was flying over the airfield and he flew into my eryx and then the debris hit the chinese transport chopper that was taking off giving me two teamkills but i ROFLED for about 5 minutes

YEAH and good shooting by the way.

Last edited by HAKEEEM (2006-11-04 21:18:53)

dracul
+2|6807
I've killed an f35 that tried to kill me in the chinese heli on wake.
I killed him by rocket spamming.  I was just shooting at his face to get him to veer off, but he flew right into them and blew up. I about crashed into a tree because I was too busy laughing.
BVC
+325|6695
I had a stolen M1A2 on Clean Sweep the other night.  An F15 comes straight at me for a low bombing run.  Raise barrel, BOOM!!!!

The pilot dies, and the plane KEEPS FLYING thanks to the quick reactions of his co-pilot!!  120mm shell vs F15 = F15 win?????? gg DICE!

Then again, its not exactly a new problem...try shooting a zero in the wing with a Sherman's cannon in BF1942...

Last edited by Pubic (2006-11-05 03:01:48)

samfink
+31|6555
yep, I managed to get a lock, and had alreay shredded it w/MG fire, and hit the damn thing. i knew becasue I got a kill. it's difficult, but not impossible. althouhg i may have hit it and him sh*tted his pants so muhc he crashed....... and public, why not snap off 2 shells? kill both?
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6684|West Yorkshire, U.K
A j10 was flying low and slow trying to get a cobra with its machine guns so i shot it with my f2000( bullets not GL) and it blew up!! and i got the kill for it, i dunno if it was some sorta glitch but it was wierd
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6719|Scotland

adv3rsary wrote:

M95 sniper rifle vs. J10 coming at me.. i win

Cobra vs. j10/F35.. i win... many times...
I'd quite like to learn how to do that.

Never EVER shot a jet out of sky with TV missile, I keep trying and failing, any pointers?
VicktorVauhn
+319|6391|Southern California
I shot an F35 outa the air with TV missles from a chopper parked on arty island on dalian plant for the first time the other day messing around before game.

He was flying past the carrier with the top of the plane facing me so I shot one off, and just kept it a good amount ahead of him and boom.Ive only tried a few times, I was supprised I got it...
Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
+135|6662|Groningen, The Netherlands

sursparxalot wrote:

Last night on Dalian plant I owned a J-10 with the tank. He swooped in real low to bomb someone and way too slow, well needless to say I shot at that fool an blew his ass out the sky! wo0t! Laughed so hard I almost fell out of my seat! The other team had no flags as well so I drove that same tank to their uncap (following my whole team) and blasted another J-10 as it was taking off the runway (yes it was in the air). So thats twice in one round! Oh man anyone else pull this off before? I'm pretty good at getting choppers but never thought I'd nail a jet! A J-10 king/whore of the BF2 sky!  (insert evil laugh here)
its not that hard
its was a nice shot if the j10 was bombing something else, but is they come straight at you to bomb your ass
shooting them down isnt that hard

but still, nicely done

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard