Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6639|Washington, DC

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

EA bastards wrote:

Your Dice Live Team is located at the Dice Studio in Stockholm and is made up of key people from the game project teams. This means that the same people who actually built Battlefield 2142 will be responsible for updating it. It has the clear advantage of involving people who are fully knowledgeable about the code and design of the game. The patches will also be thoroughly tested in closed beta tests before being released.
Holy Crap. What a brilliant concept.
More revolutionary than the discovery of gravity I dare say.
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6603|Iceland
lol the lag fix with the titan stopping when shields are down, i was htinking about sending that idea to EA for a next patch, its great that they did this cause the lag is getting really annoying
CackNBallz
+45|6752|Toronto, Canada

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

It would be nice if they actually fixed the lag problem instead of just nerfing titan movement.
That would require recoding the game pretty extensively, which would of course beget more bugs and glitches.  The stopping of the Titans when the shields are down is a workaround, but an effective one. 

You can also look at it this way; the Titan no longer has power for shields and therefore it doesn't have enough power for propulsion either.

I went to a server that kicked commanders that moved the Titans.  Let me just say that the experience was a whole lot more fun and challenging.  People were able to attack and defend without stuttering around and no one complained about lag or choppy framerates.
tefI0n
Temporary Messiah
+14|6406|Kalamazoo, MI
Something to understand about Titan "lag." The titan is essentially a huge vehicle. Try standing on a moving tank in 2142, see if you stay on it long. It's the same concept with Titans with shields down. I'm not sure why it's not a problem when they're up, but it probably has to do with recalculating a vast majority of adjustment calculations for a player's coordinates.

In short, it's not really a "lag" insofar as a network error, IMO, but it's a restriction of the current engine.

As for everyone bitching about it, you can move a Titan to where you want it to be BEFORE shields are down anyways, for the most part. Think of the games that Titans move, and 99% of the time the two line up in the middle before shields even drop. They move so ridiculously slow that there really isn't a reason after they've been positioned to move them anyways.

It is a workaround, it is effective, and I, for one, am extremely satisfied as a customer and as a gamer with Dice's acknowledgement of problems and steps toward solution. I'd like to offer up a round of applause for good customer service, because frankly, most of you probably don't know the first thing about coding, yet you're willing to rattle off criticism about something you know nothing about. That just makes you look stupid. Coding takes time, and changing one string of code can affect many other strings, exponentially increasing the amount of time it takes to write. At the end of the day, no one is perfect, and no one will ever write a perfect game.

I swear to God though, even if Dice said that in-game ads would be removed, Titan lag would be non-existant, they added 12 new awards, the game would never crash again, and that they'd produce 10 new maps, a new game mode, and a new class, all for free, most of you would find some reason to bitch.

To you, I say, "if you want it done right, do it yourself." Make a 2142 mod, if you're so smart, if you know what needs to be done. If it's good, you'll have a PoE-type community.

Oh, wait....you don't know the code? You're not smart enough to write your own? Then STFU and be grateful Dice is already working at patching a game that's been out for about 2 weeks. There are games that come out with glaring bugs that don't even begin being patched for 2 months. Rarely (and I might go so far as to say never, because I've never seen it) will a game come out 1.0 retail and be perfect. Nobody forced you to buy a game that was at 1.0, you did it full well knowing there would be some small problems. Live with them.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6681|Colorado
yawn.
Chou
+737|6800

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Horay! The tumbler pin is back!
Meaning: Say hello to Mr. APM on your way out
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6784|EUR
For people who say 2142 is unrealistic; they need to go back to history class and look up "the englightenment".
Oh and face it, BF2 was fixed. If you complain about it and yet you keep playing you are an idiot.
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6603|Iceland

DaReJa wrote:

straz_mataz wrote:

DaReJa wrote:

* Titan will no longer be able to move once its shields are down, so that lag within the titan should be significantly reduced and revive inside the titan shouldn’t be a problem any more

Hello Nerf #1 .
the lag inside the titans when botha are moving and when you have like 30 players in one titan is crazy and it should ahve been like this from the beginning

hurricane: bf2 is fixed so stop complaining
tech: 2142 actually is a good game so stfu
QFT about hurricane and tech.

But the titans moving with shields down was part of the fun, First, it isnt lag, 2nd, Its not their fault if 80% of peoples computers suck.
server and computer lags are two diff. things, when titan is moved the server lags.
jordanmillward_1
+11|6413

l=l-Oneill-l=l wrote:

straz_mataz wrote:

* Titan will no longer be able to move once its shields are down, so that lag within the titan should be significantly reduced and revive inside the titan shouldn't’t be a problem any more
Lag occurs when titan is moving and when you bring to Titans together, game play is unbearable even on the ground.

P.S. Hurricane you make excellent points about some stuff that needs to addressed in BF2, but this is tread about upcoming patch for BF2142. Most of us do enjoy this release of Battlefield series. Could we please stay o the topic of this thread. Thanks
Very good point, O'Neill. +1 for you
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6574|Area 51
Lol what happened to patch 1.02 through 1.04? Can't they count?
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6587|Florida
I  dont have 2142...and dont plan on buying it but its nice they acknowledged that BF2 was a complete fuck up and they didnt release patches right......bastards.
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6607|S.C.
Hope they get it right like they say this time. Can anybody find a bet on this?
zeidmaan
+234|6424|Vienna

lol at Tumbler Pin

Even without it people always try to get of the Titan. Nothing more fun than getting 10 kills after the titan is destroyed
Now it will be even sweeter. +1 for Tumbler Pin
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6725

Hurricane wrote:

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

EA bastards wrote:

Your Dice Live Team is located at the Dice Studio in Stockholm and is made up of key people from the game project teams. This means that the same people who actually built Battlefield 2142 will be responsible for updating it. It has the clear advantage of involving people who are fully knowledgeable about the code and design of the game. The patches will also be thoroughly tested in closed beta tests before being released.
Holy Crap. What a brilliant concept.
More revolutionary than the discovery of gravity I dare say.
I say it is rather brilliant. Finally, DICE sweden gets to do it, DICE canada fucks up too much.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard