liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6649|UK
C:\Program Files\xerox

Anyone know what this is? I've just reformatted and its appeared.

Thanks.
StrydA
+1|6549|Essex
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6649|UK
Yeah, I've seen Xerox before. But i was curious as to why there is a folder called Xerox... As I have no hardware/software that has anything to do with them.
CrazeD
+368|6694|Maine
I have it too, though it's empty.

It always appears there after a format for me.

After a bit of searching, it appears it is for "windows file sharing" and/or "windows imaging acquisition".
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6716|Vancouver BC Canada
I deleted it, no ill effects here....Its empty right? Mine is there everythime I reinstall windows...I'd say its normal....

Different question, added 2 new HDDs and wanted to format the old OS drive, but it won't let me. Deleted and created a new partition and it still shows up as a "systems disk" and 240Mb used when its empty????
CrazeD
+368|6694|Maine

the_outsider38 wrote:

I deleted it, no ill effects here....Its empty right? Mine is there everythime I reinstall windows...I'd say its normal....

Different question, added 2 new HDDs and wanted to format the old OS drive, but it won't let me. Deleted and created a new partition and it still shows up as a "systems disk" and 240Mb used when its empty????
Make a bootdisk with a floppy or CD/DVD. Re-boot, and when you're able to type DOS commands, type:

format ?:
(where ? = your drive letter).

Make sure you don't wipe out C: though.
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
I suppose its worth a shot, but the windows CD was unable to change it from a systems disk.

If im not back by tomorrow I'll have formated my C drive
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
Ok, the boot disk did not go well....Won't find drive G:, I have lots (too many) of drives.
But the Windows Command Prompt is giving it a whirl. Soooooo sloww
hefty mother
+0|6414
My dell comes with that folder, all I know is that they make my printing paper :p
FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6661|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer
printer/scanner?
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6515|N. Ireland
Yeah, something to do with Paper File Sharing.. No need for it, it won't ruin your system if you delete it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard