Rizen_Ji
+41|6749|200m out and smiling at you.
Alright, so I was playing Daqing Oilfields last night and lo and behold there were tanks galore and the attack choppers running all over the place. I was at the gas station map and what the hell? A tank? coming in to kill us all? Oh no! I'll get into my TOW! FIRE! One hit to the front treads... HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA He's dead! And he didn't even see it coming! HAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHA.
Tarasque
+0|6731|Norway
omg seriously, now this was really worth a post :p
Rizen_Ji
i know!

i just like thinking hey! i did something with that TOW for once.
<b|k> lukie
+7|6735|Germany
The problem i have is, that the TOW mesh protects the operator quite well from bullets. Like a invisible shield.
I like the TOW. A very deadly anti air weapon in some cases.
Rizen_Ji
i've yet to shoot at air units with the TOW
[MC]RG-Conan
+0|6769|Ventura, CA
The TOW at the mine in Fu She Pass is the best. LAV's and DPV's show up all the time from the east and they have to drive right down the path into TOW fire. One Shot One Kill is the best part of all.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6769|United States of America
No the TOW at the Construction site on Kubra as MEC.  As tanks and other vehicles coem up that hill straight at you they cant see you until it is too late.  The ground defense is the first thing i got, on the TOW at Kubra.
Rizen_Ji
i'll have to try that one on fushe, i don't really play kubra dam all too often or fushe but i do prefer fushe over the dam mostly cause... it's a chinese map. haha
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6768|The Netherlands
i love the tow on songhua on the waters edge. got me badge and ribbon there
Opiate
+0|6738|Ontario, Canada
hehe not worth a post.. but the TOW is pretty fun. The only thing usefull vs tanks besides c4 and mines.

Last edited by Opiate (2005-12-18 17:15:42)

Rizen_Ji
i think praising the TOW and our mad TOW kills is very post worthy.

like the one i had on daqing where this abrams turned the corner at the gas station i climbed in and shot a round at the tracks, he fired one at me killed me i'm watching the missile from my screen as it counts down and then i'm hoping.... *waiting...* BAM yes! killed!
Hoosyourdaddy
+0|6771|NZ
The TOW is a wonderful weapon, the problem is a lot of people tend to forget it's there when they are defending.
It's especially good against choppers. The number of times I've seen attack choppers come in low to cap a flag, or just circle a flag low and strafe - they tend to forget about TOW's  and they are beautiful targets.
Only problem against heli's tho, is that it can be hard to judge the distance correctly.

For fun, try taking out blackhawks and choppers from the 1st mountain flag in Dragon Valley - you can make several heli kills at the start of the round before they wise up!
Rizen_Ji
TOW'ing a jet i need to hear a story about that, cause if u've done it i'm calling u god.
Rizen_Ji
TOWs mounted on the hummers???
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6725|Hong Kong, China
Those bastards, saving something good so we have to pay more!
CackNBallz
+45|6756|Toronto, Canada
Most of my ground defence kills (except 30 or so which have been from artillery as a commander) have been from a TOW or a mounted MG (especially Wake facing the south beach).

I get a lot of kills at the mine entrance in FuShe Pass, the surveillance post and TV Station at Sharqi Peninsula, the middle island in Zatar Wetlands, Suburb and Gatehouse at Karkand.

Last night I kept getting tanks and Vodniks that were trying to capture the Suburb.  I even got them a few times through the guardrail! Each time a one hit kill to the Vodnik anywhere or the tread of the tank.  I love the one hit kills to tanks!
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6756|Malaga, EspaƱa
TOW ... i luv it , in situations where enemy armor / transports think they can pass that spot to get the last spawnpoint but u just seem to be in their way and blow the hell outta them with a TOW .....
Fo_Shizzle
+0|6719
umm yeh, TOW pppfftttt C4 all the way! a TOW can only do so much to that 1 or 2 people. and what about C4? kill about 4 or 5 people at once? hmm yeh, i thought so, THE C4 A SPECIAL OPS BEST FRIEND
Rizen_Ji
TOW is i think a lot better in that u can be far away instead of hello i'm rt next to u. stick ok lemme run off to blast u to bits
TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6736|New Hampshire

CackNBallz wrote:

Most of my ground defence kills (except 30 or so which have been from artillery as a commander) have been from a TOW or a mounted MG (especially Wake facing the south beach).
Commander kills on ground d don't count towards your GR, so you wouldn't see them there

I've been working to become one of the top 20 ground defense guys in the world - call me a tard, but it's what I have - some have nube tubes, some have C4, I have the TOW missile.  (I'm currently number 203 - yay!)

My only problem with the TOW is it does so very little to infantry but a hell of a lot more damage to tanks.  I think it should have a LITTLE bit more splash damage - I sit in the TOW on Karkand a lot and I see infantry jogging by and shoot in front of them by about a foot and it only hurts them. 

Either way - TOW is > C4.  You have to run up next to an APC - if the thing is loaded you're not gonna get up there   C4 I just sit and wait for that sorry little APC to come to me
Rizen_Ji
see at least there r some ppl that agree that the TOW beats C4 anyday. Anyways your quite limited in having to play Spec-Ops if you wanna use C4, TOW's are accessible to all.

YAY Communism!

Last edited by Rizen_Ji (2005-12-25 16:11:09)

deject
Got His War On
+37|6787|Golden, CO

Hoosyourdaddy wrote:

The TOW is a wonderful weapon, the problem is a lot of people tend to forget it's there when they are defending.
It's especially good against choppers. The number of times I've seen attack choppers come in low to cap a flag, or just circle a flag low and strafe - they tend to forget about TOW's  and they are beautiful targets.
Only problem against heli's tho, is that it can be hard to judge the distance correctly.

For fun, try taking out blackhawks and choppers from the 1st mountain flag in Dragon Valley - you can make several heli kills at the start of the round before they wise up!
I single handedly took out about 6 Cobras there playing as Anti-Tank.  The fools kept flying in nice and easy for me to hit with the TOW.  Some of them tried to be tricky so I'd nail them with a couple Eryx missles when they couldn't find me in the trees.  Me and a friend held that point the entire round.
Rizen_Ji
i like the TOW in karkand at the square i just stand around in the hole in front of it wait for something to come by and then jump in.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6707|San Francisco
Guiding TOWs around corners is the best.  If an enemy tank sees you and tries to back up behind cover, just shoot the missile out and move the crosshair towards the wall that they went behind once the missile gets far enough out to curve.  Way too funny.  I wish I had a mic and a global chat function just so I could yell out "Surprise!!"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard