Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6751
Tried this in Folkes's excellent unlocks mod (thanks F), and it doesn't seem to do anything. I thought it would act like the engiener vehicle radar (which is a vehicle-detecting UAV), but instead it just "pulses", and nothing appears on the map or in NetBat diamonds.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6684
I have this unlocked. I have a feeling it is bugged. Sometimes nothing shows up when u use it. Though some times it works as it should. So idk.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6517|Singapore
AFAIK, its a legal wallhack

edit: where did you got the mod from? PM me please cos im going to sleep now

Last edited by jkohlc (2006-11-03 10:24:16)

Axon
Jet Whore
+107|6488
Works fine here, love it when it shows a group of 3 sniping on Camp Gibraltar >
SFCCDailey
Banned
+106|6707|USA
It actually saves you a bunch of money on your car insurance!
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6397|NSW, Australia

isn't the pulse meter the thing that lets you see cloaked people?

why would a PULSE meter show vehicles?

Last edited by <<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven (2006-11-03 18:48:08)

SnobbyBoss
SAS Medic
+18|6731
Yeah, pm me the mod too please.
Never mind i found it.

Last edited by SnobbyBoss (2006-11-03 19:03:39)

alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6665|Houston, Texas

<<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven wrote:

isn't the pulse meter the thing that lets you see cloaked people?

why would a PULSE meter show vehicles?
It shows you heartbeats of enemies in the vicinity, cloaked or not. I would assume it'd show you that there is an enemy in the vehicle, not sure if it shows you the vehicle itself though.
Chou
+737|6782
Why does everyone always ask for a PM, this is a public forum unless you want to be the only one playing the Mod?

Here it is: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=51556

Last edited by Chou (2006-11-04 01:54:33)

zeidmaan
+234|6406|Vienna

It will show you a little square thingy for a vechile also. So you will probably think "omgz im gonna poone tis noobz with my knife" and go around a corner to see a battlewalker.

also a WARNING. If you turn the 3d map option off (remove the hud icons) you wont see any squares.
If you dont know what im talking about, by pressing left "alt" (default) you can turn off the icons for silos, titans, ammo and med boxes, consoles, claymores and rdx packs etc. I do this often when in the titan because there can be up to 15 amoo and med boxes, plus 4 consoles which makes it annoying.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6647|UK
i think its part of the net bat but iam probly wrong, gives a little dimond shape on the screen to show you wer ppl are
Chou
+737|6782

Rubix-Cubes wrote:

i think its part of the net bat but iam probly wrong, gives a little dimond shape on the screen to show you wer ppl are
You're talking about the support net bat, it gives away the camo of a recon and puts the diamond shape in your HUD.

The Dystek Pulse Meter gives away enemy vehicles in a certain radius.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6656|NT, like Mick Dundee

Chou wrote:

Rubix-Cubes wrote:

You're talking about the support net bat, it gives away the camo of a recon and puts the diamond shape in your HUD.

No, the pulse meter is meant to do infantry. The little thing the engies get does vehicles.

Haven't tried it but I'm hoping to unlock it and the clark soon.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6751
But the engy thing works exactly like a UAV. The pulse meter you "pulse" and nothing much happens (for me anyway).
Chou
+737|6782

Flecco wrote:

Chou wrote:

Rubix-Cubes wrote:

No, the pulse meter is meant to do infantry. The little thing the engies get does vehicles.

Haven't tried it but I'm hoping to unlock it and the clark soon.
He was talking about this:

https://bf2142fever.com/content/images/5/5e/Unlock.NetBat.large.png

Game Description

NetBat Active Camo ID was introduced as a countermeasure to the IT-33 active camouflage system. It is designed to detect, track and report on the energy signature of the active camo system. If a soldier activates or deactivates an IT-33 system within the detection radius of the NetBat Active Camo ID, the system will instantly report the activity to the user and other members of the Networked Battlefield.

Guide

Simply the bane of every IT-33 user. It still was being tweaked in the beta, so it might not be 100% this way, but when somebody cloaked about 20 meters away and ran towards you, then you couldnt see them. But if you were within range, the activation of the cloaking device instantly put one of those nice squad markers on you and the enemy could see a diamond shape running around.

This is a passive unlock. It will not require an additional slot in your customizing screen and always be there.

Not about this: 

https://bf2142fever.com/content/images/4/46/PDD-200.jpg

Game Description

The DysTek Pulse Meter is a short to medium range detection device that allows soldiers to scan for enemies behind cover using sonic differentiation and acoustic analysis to identify and track human heart rhythms in the immediate vicinity.

Guide

This is a very useful tool for any Support player. It's quite simple to use, you just face roughly in the direction you want to check for enemies, then press your primary fire button. A blue wave will flash across your screen, and any enemies in front of you for quite a distance (not sure of the exact range) will be marked as red diamonds on your HUD. The markers last for about 10 seconds, and it will reveal enemies no matter what they're hiding behind. It takes about five seconds to recharge after each use, but there's no limit to the amount of times you can use it. The PDD-200 is especially useful on the Titan, whether attacking or defending, but remember it is not a weapon so make sure you are in a safe position when you choose to use it.
Chou
+737|6782

Talon wrote:

Tried this in Folkes's excellent unlocks mod (thanks F), and it doesn't seem to do anything. I thought it would act like the engiener vehicle radar (which is a vehicle-detecting UAV), but instead it just "pulses", and nothing appears on the map or in NetBat diamonds.
And you are talking about this one:

https://bf2142fever.com/content/images/f/fb/PDS-1.jpg

Game Description

The microprocessor-based PDS-1 detects vehicles within the vicinity using a Sonar tracking system that distinguishes sub-elevation and atmospheric reverberations. Both type and position of the vehicles in range of the device are determined and displayed through the NetBat for all squad members.

Guide

The PDS-1 can be an engineers greatest tool. It is the perfect defense tool. If you are capturing a silo or CP, throw this on the ground next to you and you will always know when a vehicle is approaching. A great way to defend a CP or silo is by putting the PDS-1 down and then waiting for an enemy land vehicle to approach, before he sees you, you can mine the road he is about to drive onto. If you decide to drive a vehicle (especialy a tank or gunship) slap the PDS-1 on the side and you have a personal vehicle radar. But you must be careful when deploying this device in enemy territory, because like the med and ammo hubs, when you deploy the PDS-1 it creates a small exploding sound. Another great use of the PDS-1 is for defending the titan. Put the PDS-1 on your titan and you can see if an enemy transport ship has landed. Using a combination of the PDS-1 and an Anti Vehicle weapon, you can defend any area against vehicles.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6647|UK
ffs i was only tryingto help lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard