benben10
+20|6716
its called Theme Park. it was published in 1994 and ran on MS-dos. this is back when EA was still Electronic Arts and their logo was a cube, a sphere and pyramid. the game seems to be programmed by bullfrog.
i opened up the box and there was a mini catalog of EA games of the time.

-michael jordan in fligh
-ultrabots
-ultima underworld 2: labyrinth of worlds
-john madden football 2

just to name a few. all them in their entire 8-bit glory. pixelated dos graphix and everything. if any of you have played the games at www.homestarrunner.com you will know what i mean or remember if you have been around long enough.

i just thought i would share some of EA's former achievements back when computer programmers ran things instead of market analysts.

anyone else wanna share their old gamer battlescars is welcome to join in.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6654
and even then two of those games were sequels. EA have never changed.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
J=MAN
+25|6659|OZ
Well this is going back further than 1994, but I have fond memories of good times spent playing Electronic Arts titles on the Commodore Amiga.

A few of Bullfrog's earlier efforts such as Populous, Populous 2 and Powermonger spring to mind, but the one I like best was Projectyle by Eldritch the Cat, which came out in 1990. It's like futuristic air-hockey with three teams. We have two working Amigas, and I still crank it out from time to time, and it's still wicked fun. I even have an 11-year-old cat who's named after one of the 'players' in this game!!

EA didn't make any money out of us on that by the way: all our games were cracked.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6654|pimelteror.de
...populous.... amiga.... i also know ea from those days, when commodore wasn´t building calculators and atari was big in computers and not small in videogames like today...
Bernadictus
+1,055|6738

Theme Hospital!
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

Electronic Arts did the Strike series too. Desert Strike, Jungle and Urban They were on the mega drive and were possibly the best console games Ive ever played. Whats more, they have that replayability factor and, imo, are the best games to have ever come out of electronic arts.
Not sure if they did Soviet and Nuclear strike on the PS cos I never owned them, but it would be logical.

Even they were sequels, etc...but they were very very good. I used to have them on an emulator too.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6633|Finland

F/A 18 Interceptor, Amiga 1988

https://www.migman.com/ref/1980_combat/FA18Int/pics/splash.jpg

So I've had tendencies for jetwhoring.. ..18 years now.

Last edited by DonFck (2006-11-03 04:10:13)

I need around tree fiddy.
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6474|Kakanien
i've played ultima underworld
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6654|pimelteror.de

DonFck wrote:

F/A 18 Interceptor, Amiga 1988

http://www.migman.com/ref/1980_combat/F … splash.jpg

So I've had tendencies for jetwhoring.. ..18 years now.
interceptor... i loved this game..
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6638|Wigan. Manchester. England.
Magic Carpet Ftw!!!!!
Crazyfool_OA
+12|6764|Gloucester - UK
The original Syndicate on the amiga owned, used to play that for hours. Pretty sure that was an EA/Bullfrog thing too. I used to play some real crap back in the day, anyone remember fiendish freddies big top of fun? I used to love that game even tho it was a heap of shit, lol
cablecopulate
+449|6739|Massachusetts.
I used to love the Strike series. Here I am now, still whoring choppers. It feels good to not outgrow some things.
J=MAN
+25|6659|OZ
Oh yeah - Marble Madness, from 1986!

Do I get a prize?

And we've still got it, so I think I'll go and fire it up right now.

And I might even play a bit of John Madden Football, a spot of Budokan, follow that up with some Indianapolis 500, and wash it all down with Flood. Why? Because I can.

So yeah, those were all published by EA, but did anyone play Pinball Dreams on the Amiga (around 1992)? Karma if you can guess who made that!
poltirix
don't let money change you
+3|6462
Theme Hospital....

Those were the days

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard