..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6662
Is it smarter to hook up my laptop with the songs up to the mixer or just use CDs? I really need help here TY in advance
Karnall
+8|6549|Hampshire, UK
Try both and pick which you prefer?
I don't see why there would be a difference, soundcard?
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6662
mm not sure what my sound card is but you can use a decent mixer with a laptop right??
Digital Aura
Git R Dun
+18|6674|Ontario, Canada
Real DJs use vinyl.

hehe...its a joke. Really. I was kiddin'. But off the laptop is very boring.
capt. crunch
+8|6462|that place
My freind dj's and he tried a laptop set up and the sound quality was not as near as good as a cd. Stick with CD's if you have a CD turntable. Plus those things are the shit!!! P.S. What kinda music you spinnin?

Last edited by capt. crunch (2006-11-03 04:44:31)

scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6650|Wigan. Manchester. England.

capt. crunch wrote:

My freind dj's and he tried a laptop set up and the sound quality was not as near as good as a cd. Stick with CD's if you have a CD turntable. Plus those things are the shit!!! P.S. What kinda music you spinnin?
What year you living in?

CD Decks are what eveyone uses now my friend. And dont say they arnt because i know plenty of um. Alex K for one.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6662
thing is its my first time djing. I was just asked to it for a school dance. Anyways we dont have a turn table only a mixer
capt. crunch
+8|6462|that place

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

thing is its my first time djing. I was just asked to it for a school dance. Anyways we dont have a turn table only a mixer
Oh shit only a mixer. How you gunna fade from one song to the next? You will need two sources of music just like there are 2 turn tables to fade from 1 side to the next.
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6515|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
Use the mixer and use CD's this is what i do at big Mountain Bike Party's ... Or School Party's

It's way better and when you are unlucky then the Laptop will "Not - Respond" then there will be like no music for a while so stick with CD's and a mixer that's it.
Simon
basically
+838|6671|UK
Shouldn't you be dancing in a school dance ?
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Easy dude. Virtual DJ. ITs what i used to use when i DJ'd  for internet radio stations. Hook you mixer up, set it up through VDJ and wallah!

Its really easy to learn to use. That is your best option really, and the outcome is just as good as real decks.
bubbass
humble
+61|6582

capt. crunch wrote:

Oh shit only a mixer. How you gunna fade from one song to the next? You will need two sources of music just like there are 2 turn tables to fade from 1 side to the next.
Winamp can fade into the next song D:
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
Yeah but its not timed right and it doesnt beat match so literally it cant lol.
OmS-NAS
+1|6773|Oslo, Norway
freeware:

and it works

http://www.deejaysystem.com/download.asp

download mk1.

and get another sound output.
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6611|Cheshire. UK
Good laptop audio out into an Amp....this

http://www.spacialaudio.com/products/sa … EgodtWN-hg

Huge MP3 collection

Google

SAM Party DJ v3.4.2 crack

Last edited by joker3327 (2006-11-03 05:13:13)

_-_911_-_180891
+540|6515|Shanghai, ethnicity=German

Simon wrote:

Shouldn't you be dancing in a school dance ?
well I really often get chossen as a DJ at those kindda party's ... so for me there is barley time to dance with the hot chicks with thongs on ...

And all my freinds get wild when they here this song.

*okay the video sux, but I just wanted to show you some examples what I like to play on party's....

Titanic Remix - DHT

The video is about Happy Tree Friends .. But the music is what we play on our party's /// ... \\\
F*** Off - Angerfist

I know you people hate Techno / Hardcore *try to ( -1 Me )  but my school is full of those guys...  And we just love it ...
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!

scottomus0 wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Easy dude. Virtual DJ. ITs what i used to use when i DJ'd  for internet radio stations. Hook you mixer up, set it up through VDJ and wallah!

Its really easy to learn to use. That is your best option really, and the outcome is just as good as real decks.
And dude, that music is the fucking sex!!!!

Last edited by scottomus0 (2006-11-03 05:10:31)

alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6686|Houston, Texas

capt. crunch wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Freeware such as Winamp can crossfade mp3's to the next song with ease.
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
Listenn to me, this is actually something i know alot about lol.

Winamp is no good for mixing!
w00stafa
Krylov Whore
+35|6571|AK101 Factory

_-_911_-_180891 wrote:

Titanic Remix - DHT
Two kinds of cheese merged together to make.... ULTIMATE CHEESE.

Get another sound output and a mixer, or go the whole hog and buy some CDJ1000 MK3's, or better: some SL1210 mk2's.  Or some virtual software as said above ^

Edit: 1000 not 800 *ty scotty*

Last edited by w00stafa (2006-11-03 05:22:00)

scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
Nah man hes wants some CDJ1000's MK3s!!!!

My mate Mikey B has them. ULTIMATE SEX FTW!!!
capt. crunch
+8|6462|that place

scottomus0 wrote:

capt. crunch wrote:

What year you living in?

CD Decks are what eveyone uses now my friend. And dont say they arnt because i know plenty of um. Alex K for one.
I believe it is 2006? That was just with my freinds set-up. He had a piece of shit laptop so my guess would be that is why the quality sucks. CD-decks and laptops are the one's most popular dj's use. PVD uses 2 MAC's

Last edited by capt. crunch (2006-11-03 05:22:34)

w00stafa
Krylov Whore
+35|6571|AK101 Factory
1001 ftw, I got 1000 MK2's, just before the 3 came out , stupid mp3.
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!

capt. crunch wrote:

scottomus0 wrote:

capt. crunch wrote:

What year you living in?

I believe it is 2006? That was just with my freinds set-up. He had a piece of shit laptop so my guess would be that is why the quality sucks. And yes I know PVD uses 2 MAC's.
My bad. I read it wrong thinking it said cd decks were shit haha.

sorry bro.
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6746|Oslo, Norway
may I ask which school it is for?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard