Lisik
+74|6508|Israel
Im intresting how much peoples knew them. And it is facts, there is nothing to talk about. Just to read and remember.

1. Israel became a state circa 1030 B.C., more than two millennia before Islam.

2. Arabs from Israel first began to be called "Palestinians" in 1967 by Yasser Arafat and other Arab leaders, two decades after modern Israeli statehood.

3. After conquering the land in about 1250 B.C., Jews ruled it for more than 1,300 years and have maintained a continuous presence there for 3,300 years.

4. For over 3,000 years, Jerusalem was the Jewish capital. It was never the capital of any Arab or Muslim entity. Even under Jordanian rule, (East) Jerusalem was not made the capital, and no Arab leader came to visit it.

5. Jerusalem is mentioned over 700 times in the Bible, but not once is it mentioned in the Qur'an.

6. King David founded Jerusalem; Mohammed never set foot in it.

7. Jews pray facing Jerusalem; Muslims face Mecca. If they are between the two cities, Muslims pray facing Mecca, with their backs to Jerusalem.

8. In 1948, Arab leaders urged their people to leave, promising to cleanse the land of Jewish presence—some 70% of them fled without ever being ordered by Israel to leave, most of those without ever having seen an Israeli soldier.

9. Virtually the entire Jewish population of Muslim countries had to flee as the result of violence and pogroms.

10. Some 650,000 Arabs left Israel in 1948, while about 850,000 Jews were forced to leave Muslim countries.

11. In spite of the vast territories at their disposal, Arab refugees from Palestine were deliberately prevented from assimilating into their host countries. Of 100 million refugees following World War II, they are the only group to have never integrated with their coreligionists. Most of the Jewish refugees from Europe and Arab lands were settled in Israel, a country no larger than New Jersey.

12. There are 22 Arab countries (with 800 times the land mass of Israel), not counting the Palestinian territories. There is only one Jewish state. Arabs started all five wars against Israel, and lost every one of them.

13. The Fatah and Hamas constitutions still call for the destruction of Israel. Israel has agreed under several proposals to cede most of the West Bank and all of Gaza to the Palestinian Authority, and even supported the arming of its police force after the Oslo Accords in 1993.

14. During the Jordanian occupation, Jewish holy sites were vandalized and were off limits to Jews. Under Israeli rule, all Muslim and Christian holy sites are accessible to all faiths and maintained in good order at Israel’s expense.

15. Out of 175 United Nations Security Council resolutions up to 1990, 97 were against Israel; out of 690 General Assembly resolutions, 429 were against Israel;

16. The U.N. was silent when the Jordanians destroyed 58 synagogues in the old city of Jerusalem. It remained silent while Jordan systematically desecrated the ancient Jewish cemetery on the Mount of Olives, and it remained silent when Jordan enforced apartheid laws preventing Jews from accessing the Temple Mount and Western Wall (Kotel).
Mongoose
That 70's guy
+156|6538|Sydney, in 1978
finally someone realised the jews havent started wars, and they were on the land FIRST, although i do belive where you are from might give off a biased opinion, but im all for the jews

Last edited by Mongoose (2006-11-03 02:51:54)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6682|Canberra, AUS

Bernadictus wrote:

Ok, the next topic about Israel vs. Whoever, gets a ban!

This has been covered a thousand times, and none of the has the right to shoot the other!

End of story!
Just a note. You still haven'e explained why Israel can't be a tad more careful about who it shoots.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
CameronPoe
+2,925|6563
I am going to rip this thread asunder when I get a chance later on. Just a little forewarning.
Lisik
+74|6508|Israel

Spark wrote:

Bernadictus wrote:

This has been covered a thousand times, and none of the has the right to shoot the other!

End of story!
Just a note. You still haven'e explained why Israel can't be a tad more careful about who it shoots.
60 years of wars makes your nerve system going nuts u know... and after u saw bomb in ambulance, bomb on kid, bomb on woman, bomb on man, bomb on animal... u get fucking lost what to shoot.
EricTViking
Yes, I am Queeg
+48|6560|UK

CameronPoe wrote:

I am going to rip this thread asunder when I get a chance later on. Just a little forewarning.
Cool, you going to read it first?
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6727|Melbourne, Australia

Lisik wrote:

Spark wrote:

Bernadictus wrote:

End of story!
60 years of wars makes your nerve system going nuts u know... and after u saw bomb in ambulance, bomb on kid, bomb on woman, bomb on man, bomb on animal... u get fucking lost what to shoot.
Damn mate you hit the nail on the head +1 leave the jews the fuck alone u smaktards
Lisik
+74|6508|Israel

CameronPoe wrote:

You pretty wrong if you think you scary someone.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6563

EricTViking wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Already have. Twice! LOL. I don't think you're forte is D&ST. You never make ANY points, let alone good points, you just add pointless commentary.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6771|d
Looking forward to it Cpoe. Lisik no need to hide the fact that your pissing yourself. .
EricTViking
Yes, I am Queeg
+48|6560|UK

CameronPoe wrote:

EricTViking wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Already have. Twice! LOL. I don't think you're forte is D&ST. You never make ANY points, let alone good points, you just add pointless commentary.
Of course I make points, you've argued against some of them yourself.

Stop making dismissive sweeping statements that are founded in fantasy - that way you may be able to make a post without having to go back and edit if 5 times when you spot your mistakes.
mark
+5|6413
You make some nice points i agree +1
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6765|Argentina

Lisik wrote:

Im intresting how much peoples knew them. And it is facts, there is nothing to talk about. Just to read and remember.

1. Israel became a state circa 1030 B.C., more than two millennia before Islam.

2. Arabs from Israel first began to be called "Palestinians" in 1967 by Yasser Arafat and other Arab leaders, two decades after modern Israeli statehood.

3. After conquering the land in about 1250 B.C., Jews ruled it for more than 1,300 years and have maintained a continuous presence there for 3,300 years.

4. For over 3,000 years, Jerusalem was the Jewish capital. It was never the capital of any Arab or Muslim entity. Even under Jordanian rule, (East) Jerusalem was not made the capital, and no Arab leader came to visit it.

5. Jerusalem is mentioned over 700 times in the Bible, but not once is it mentioned in the Qur'an.

6. King David founded Jerusalem; Mohammed never set foot in it.

7. Jews pray facing Jerusalem; Muslims face Mecca. If they are between the two cities, Muslims pray facing Mecca, with their backs to Jerusalem.

8. In 1948, Arab leaders urged their people to leave, promising to cleanse the land of Jewish presence—some 70% of them fled without ever being ordered by Israel to leave, most of those without ever having seen an Israeli soldier.

9. Virtually the entire Jewish population of Muslim countries had to flee as the result of violence and pogroms.

10. Some 650,000 Arabs left Israel in 1948, while about 850,000 Jews were forced to leave Muslim countries.

11. In spite of the vast territories at their disposal, Arab refugees from Palestine were deliberately prevented from assimilating into their host countries. Of 100 million refugees following World War II, they are the only group to have never integrated with their coreligionists. Most of the Jewish refugees from Europe and Arab lands were settled in Israel, a country no larger than New Jersey.

12. There are 22 Arab countries (with 800 times the land mass of Israel), not counting the Palestinian territories. There is only one Jewish state. Arabs started all five wars against Israel, and lost every one of them.

13. The Fatah and Hamas constitutions still call for the destruction of Israel. Israel has agreed under several proposals to cede most of the West Bank and all of Gaza to the Palestinian Authority, and even supported the arming of its police force after the Oslo Accords in 1993.

14. During the Jordanian occupation, Jewish holy sites were vandalized and were off limits to Jews. Under Israeli rule, all Muslim and Christian holy sites are accessible to all faiths and maintained in good order at Israel’s expense.

15. Out of 175 United Nations Security Council resolutions up to 1990, 97 were against Israel; out of 690 General Assembly resolutions, 429 were against Israel;

16. The U.N. was silent when the Jordanians destroyed 58 synagogues in the old city of Jerusalem. It remained silent while Jordan systematically desecrated the ancient Jewish cemetery on the Mount of Olives, and it remained silent when Jordan enforced apartheid laws preventing Jews from accessing the Temple Mount and Western Wall (Kotel).
Edit; I wrote all of this before knowing Bernadictus closed the other thread, which is not against Israelis or jews, I'm jewish myself, but against Israel government.

Comments:

1-Israel is a country or state, and Islam is a religion.  Again, you are mixing concepts.

There are no biblical events whose precise year can be validated by external sources before the early 9th century BCE (The rise of Omri, King of Israel).

Canaan is an ancient term for a region approximating present-day Israel and West Bank and Gaza plus adjoining coastal lands and parts of Lebanon and Syria. 

Canaanite Period (Bronze Age) 3300–1200 BCE: Canaanites proper were a smaller ethnic group radiating out of Lebanon, who are mentioned in the Bible and Ancient Egyptian texts, and who are only one among many ethnic groups in this area. Most of these ethnic groups assimilated to the same wider culture and are sometimes difficult to distinguish from each other.

2-Palestine (from Latin: Palaestina; Hebrew: פלשת Pleshet, פלשתינה Palestina; Arabic: فلسطين‎ Filastīn, Falastīn) is one of several names for the geographic region between the Mediterranean Sea and the banks of the Jordan River with various adjoining lands.  The Hebrew Bible calls the region Canaan (Hebrew: כּנען) when referring to the pre-Israelite period and thereafter Israel (Yisrael).  The term "Palestine" derives from the word Philistine, the name of a non-Semitic ethnic group, who inhabited a smaller area on the southern coast, called Philistia, whose borders approximate the modern Gaza Strip. Philistia encompassed the five cities of Gaza, Ashkelon, Ashdod, Ekron, and Gath.  See Roman Occupation point 3.  Palestine is the official name of the hole zone since 132.

3-Jews were there since 1200 BC, but they did not rule the land all the time.

The Hebrews migrated into Canaan circa 1200 BCE, a time when the great powers of the region were neutralized by troubles of various kinds.  Roman Occupation: 63 BCE Pompey conquered Jerusalem and the region and made it a client kingdom of Rome.  In 132 the Bar Kokhba's Revolt began led by Simon bar Kokhba and an independent state in Israel was declared. By 135 this revolt was crushed by Rome. The Romans, seeking to suppress the names "Judaea" and "Jerusalem", reorganized it as part of the province of Syria-Palestine. In order to worsen the humiliation of the defeated Jews, the Latin name Palaestina was chosen for the area, after the Philistines, whom the Romans identified as the worst enemies of the Jews in history.  From then on the region was known as Palestine.

4-Jerusalem plays an important role in three major religions: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.  Jerusalem is generally regarded by Muslims as the location of the third holiest site of Islam, and the city was the original Qibla (direction of prayer) for Muslims prior to Mecca.  Israel proclaimed Jerusalem as its capital in 1950.  Much of the international community argues that Israel's annexation of the eastern part of Jerusalem after the Six-Day War was in violation of international law, and that the final issue of the status of East Jerusalem should be determined in future Israeli-Palestinian negotiations.

5-As seen in point 4 Jerusalem was the original Qibla for Muslims prior to Mecca.  I find difficult that Qur'an does not mention it.

6-Archaeological findings indicate the existence of a settlement in Jerusalem in the 3rd millennium BCE. The earliest written record of the city to Egyptian records of the Bronze Age in the 2nd millennium BCE.  The city is believed to have been first built and founded by Canaanite peoples (possibly, but not necessarily the Jebusites who occupied the city during the late Bronze Age). During this Canaanite period, Jerusalem had the name Urušalim, meaning "the city of peace".

7-As mentioned before in the point 4 Muslims prayed facing Jerusalem prior to Mecca.

8-The 1948 Arab-Israeli War, referred to as the "War of Independence" (Hebrew: מלחמת העצמאות) or as the "War of Liberation" (Hebrew: מלחמת השחרור) by Israelis, is the first in a series of armed conflicts fought between Israel and its Arab neighbors in the ongoing Arab-Israeli conflict. For Palestinians, the war marked the beginning of the events they refer to as "The Catastrophe" ("al Nakba", Arabic: النكبة‎).  After the United Nations proposed to partition the territory of the British Mandate of Palestine into two states, Jewish and Arab, the Arabs refused to accept it and the armies of Egypt, Syria, Transjordan, Lebanon and Iraq, supported by others, attacked the newly established State of Israel which they refused to recognize. As a result, the region was divided between Israel, Egypt and Transjordan.

9-What do you expect after 8?  (I like After 8).

10-See 8.  Source?

11-Source?

12-The 1948 Arab-Israeli War, referred to as the "War of Independence" (Hebrew: מלחמת העצמאות) or as the "War of Liberation" (Hebrew: מלחמת השחרור) by Israelis, is the first in a series of armed conflicts fought between Israel and its Arab neighbors in the ongoing Arab-Israeli conflict. For Palestinians, the war marked the beginning of the events they refer to as "The Catastrophe" ("al Nakba", Arabic: النكبة‎). After the United Nations proposed to partition the territory of the British Mandate of Palestine into two states, Jewish and Arab, the Arabs refused to accept it and the armies of Egypt, Syria, Transjordan, Lebanon and Iraq, supported by others, attacked the newly established State of Israel which they refused to recognize.

Sinai War: The Suez Crisis[2] ( Arabic: أزمة السويس - العدوان الثلاثي Hebrew: מבצע קדש) was a war fought on Egyptian territory in 1956. The conflict pitted Egypt against Israel, the United Kingdom, and France.  On October 29, 1956, Israel invaded the Egyptian-controlled Gaza Strip and Sinai Peninsula and made rapid progress towards the Canal Zone. As per the agreement, Britain and France offered to reoccupy the area and separate the warring armies.

Six Day War: also known as the 1967 Arab-Israeli War, the Third Arab-Israeli War, Six Days' War, an‑Naksah (The Setback), or the June War, was fought between Israel and the Arab states of Egypt, Jordan, Iraq, and Syria. When Egypt expelled the United Nations Emergency Force from the Sinai Peninsula, increased its military activity near the border, and blockaded the Straits of Tiran to Israeli ships, Israel launched a pre-emptive attack on Egypt's airforce fearing an imminent attack by Egypt.

War of Attrition: Between 1968 and 1972, a period known as the War of Attrition, numerous scuffles erupted along the border between Israel and Syria and Egypt.  was a limited war fought between Egypt and Israel from 1968 to 1970. It was initiated by Egypt as a way to recapture the Sinai from Israel, which had controlled it since the Six-Day War.

Yom Kippur War: also known as the 1973 Arab-Israeli War and the Fourth Arab-Israeli War, was fought from October 6 to October 26, 1973, between Israel and a coalition of Arab nations led by Egypt and Syria. The war began on the Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur with a surprise joint attack by Egypt and Syria crossing the cease-fire lines in the Sinai and Golan Heights, respectively, which had been invaded and captured by Israel in 1967.

1978 South Lebanon conflict: The 1978 South Lebanon conflict (code-named Operation Litani by Israel) was the name of the Israel Defense Forces 1978 invasion of Lebanon up to the Litani River.

1982 Lebanon War: also known in Israel as the First Lebanon War, began June 6, 1982, when the Israel Defense Forces invaded southern Lebanon.

1982-2000 South Lebanon conflict: During the 1982-2000 South Lebanon conflict Hezbollah waged a guerrilla campaign against Israeli forces occupying Southern Lebanon. It ended with Israeli withdrawal in accordance with 1978's United Nations Security Council Resolution 425 [1]. Given that prior Israeli wars were characterized by either Israeli victory or UN-enforced ceasefire, this is often regarded as a success of Hezbollah, which was able to extend its control of Southern Lebanon.

2006 Israel-Lebanon conflict: The conflict began when Hezbollah fired Katyusha rockets and mortars at Israeli military positions and border villages to divert attention from another Hezbollah unit that crossed the border and kidnapped two Israeli soldiers (Ehud Goldwasser and Eldad Regev) and killed three. Israel attempted to rescue the abducted soldiers although five more were killed by Hezbollah during the rescue mission. Israel responded with massive airstrikes and artillery fire on Lebanese civilian infrastructure, which Israel said Hezbollah was using, an air and naval blockade, and a ground invasion of southern Lebanon.  The conflict killed over 1,500 people, most of whom were Lebanese civilians, severely damaged Lebanese infrastructure, displaced about 900,000 Lebanese and 300,000 Israelis.

13-Over U.S. Objections, Israel Approves West Bank Homes

14-Many Muslims were prevented from worshipping because of an ongoing Israeli policy that restricts access to the Haram al-Sharif to men over the age of 45 and to women. While this discriminatory policy exists year round, the tensions surrounding the issue are more visible during the month of Ramadan, when there is an increased demand for access to the holy site.

15-UN is one of the top supporters of Israel.  Source?

16-See 15.

Last edited by sergeriver (2006-11-03 05:56:17)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6724
Hmmm I meditated on this matter... Cameronepoe WILL rip this thread into little bits.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jainus
+30|6584|Herts, UK

Lisik wrote:

Im intresting how much peoples knew them... Temple Mount and Western Wall (Kotel).
Is there actually a point to this thread? Are any of these 'points' actually meant to prove anything? Wasn't there a thread started by someone with a list of all the UN resolution violations that Israel has committed? We could post all that again and then we'll have matching sets!!

And btw,
1. 2 millennia is 2000 years which would put the creation of Islam at 1000 A.D. at best; you don't know your history do you?

2. The term Palestine goes back to the Roman invasion and therefore any inhabitants in that region could correctly be called Palestinians back to this period. Thats a little bit further back than 1967 wouldn't you agree?

3. 1300 years would put the fall of the ancient Israel at 270 AD; Kingdom of Israel fell in 722 BCE and the Kingdom of Judah fell in 597 BCE... how exactly does this mean 1300 years? Closer to 300 for the Northern Kingdom (i.e. the Kingdom of Israel!!)

4. "No Arab leader has been to Jerusalem"? Really? What was the Crusades all about then? Since no Arab leader went to Jerusalem, 1099 was an interesting year as thats when it first fell to the Muslims and 1187 was a bit weird as well as some famous bloke called Saladin couldn't have been there either.

5. I'll bow to your superior knowledge on this

6. How could David have founded Jerusalem when the Old Testament narrates in detail how David's soldiers broke into the city after passing through a famous tunnel, "Sinnor"? I haven't found the passage but you'll find that the name "Jerusalem"  is a more modern version of "Urusalem", which is Amoritic. "Salem" or "Shalem" was the name of a Canaanite-Amorite god, while "uru" simply meant "founded by." The names of the two oldest rulers of the city, Saz Anu and Yaqir Ammo, were identified by the American archaeologist W. F. Albright as Amoritic.

7. onwards  See Sergeriver. Good post btw, +1

Unfortunately thats as much time as i've got for now but Poe's post should be interesting because if i can rip the first few to pieces, he's going to have a field day with the rest

Last edited by Jainus (2006-11-03 06:08:32)

Jainus
+30|6584|Herts, UK
Edit: Error on posting

Last edited by Jainus (2006-11-03 06:00:43)

Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6641|USA

Lisik wrote:

This isnt entirely true. Israel did start one war, in which they proceeded to wipe ass. It was a "pre-emptive" strike. Ass handing to.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6765|Argentina

Jainus wrote:

Lisik wrote:

Im intresting how much peoples knew them... Temple Mount and Western Wall (Kotel).
Is there actually a point to this thread? Are any of these 'points' actually meant to prove anything? Wasn't there a thread started by someone with a list of all the UN resolution violations that Israel has committed? We could post all that again and then we'll have matching sets!!

And btw,
1. 2 millennia is 2000 years which would put the creation of Islam at 1000 A.D. at best; you don't know your history do you?

2. The term Palestine goes back to the Roman invasion and therefore any inhabitants in that region could correctly be called Palestinians back to this period. Thats a little bit further back than 1967 wouldn't you agree?

3. 1300 years would put the fall of the ancient Israel at 270 AD; Kingdom of Israel fell in 722 BCE and the Kingdom of Judah fell in 597 BCE... how exactly does this mean 1300 years? Closer to 300 for the Northern Kingdom (i.e. the Kingdom of Israel!!)

4. "No Arab leader has been to Jerusalem"? Really? What was the Crusades all about then? Since no Arab leader went to Jerusalem, 1099 was an interesting year as thats when it first fell to the Muslims and 1187 was a bit weird as well as some famous bloke called Saladin couldn't have been there either.

5. I'll bow to your superior knowledge on this

6. How could David have founded Jerusalem when the Old Testament narrates in detail how David's soldiers broke into the city after passing through a famous tunnel, "Sinnor"? I haven't found the passage but you'll find that the name "Jerusalem"  is a more modern version of "Urusalem", which is Amoritic. "Salem" or "Shalem" was the name of a Canaanite-Amorite god, while "uru" simply meant "founded by."(3) The names of the two oldest rulers of the city, Saz Anu and Yaqir Ammo, were identified by the American archaeologist W. F. Albright as Amoritic.

7. onwards  See Sergeriver. Good post btw, +1

Unfortunately thats as much time as i've got for now but Poe's post should be interesting because if i can rip the first few to pieces, he's going to have a field day with the rest
I'm at work but took half an hour to reply this, some of the statements posted by Lisik are true and others are not.  Anyway, my post is only a sum of facts with sources provided.

Last edited by sergeriver (2006-11-03 06:08:28)

[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6661|pimelteror.de
one important fact:

as long as both sides bash each other with historical "facts" - there will be no peace. f*ck all religions - ratio ftw!
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6738|Uhh... erm...

I.M.I Militant wrote:

Damn mate you hit the nail on the head +1 leave the jews the fuck alone u smaktards
Militant, I doubt any bomb-toting extremists regular the BF2s forums.

Lisik wrote:

Well, if any Jews happen to be between Mecca and Jerusalem, wouldn't they pray with their backs to Mecca too?

Apart from that, some of your points seem quite valid to me, as I don't know much about Jewish/Islamic relations before the 1990's. However, I just a moment ago heard on the news that Israeli soldiers opened fire on unarmed Palestinian women who were forming a human wall around a mosque the Israeli forces were planning to demolish. Two so far have been confirmed dead. Despite the stupidity of Hamas and Fatah, you can't deny this atrocity either. Those were innocent women, merely protecting their faith through a peaceful protest.
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6545|Search Whore killing fields
Now i know why I dont read this section, you guys hurt my head
herrr_smity
+156|6636|space command ur anus
this is going to be so much fun
Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6654|Nova Scotia

Tetrino wrote:

I just a moment ago heard on the news that Israeli soldiers opened fire on unarmed Palestinian women who were forming a human wall around a mosque the Israeli forces were planning to demolish. Two so far have been confirmed dead. Despite the stupidity of Hamas and Fatah, you can't deny this atrocity either. Those were innocent women, merely protecting their faith through a peaceful protest.
I read that there were Palestinian gunmen trapped by Israeli troops in the mosque, and the women formed a barrier to protect the gunmen, not the mosque itself.
The dead women part is apparently true, although good luck getting either side to stop blaming each other for it.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/women- … 55603.html.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6609|132 and Bush

mafia996630 wrote:

Looking forward to it Cpoe. Lisik no need to hide the fact that your pissing yourself. .
CP's number one fan..lol lisik don't worry mafia996630 like to encourage Cam every time he gives a pre-emptive warning he is going to reply.

http://www.moviesoundscentral.com/sound … oy/cut.wav

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-11-03 07:38:49)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6537|Global Command
+1 to the OP.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard