+10|6609|yourmomshouse
die all of you die hahahahahahahahahahha love u
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6742

Z-trooper wrote:

Nice dude.

You are pretty much a clone of me, or vise versa

for as long as I can remember I've always been 2.0 behind you in K/d ratio, bastard its no different now, you have ~14.06 and I have 12.78 I'm gaining on you ^^, nah just kidding.

I was thinking of doing a guide at some point, cause I thourght people needed a desent guide. one thing is for sure, I wouldnt have been patient enough to type as much as you. I guess the readers were lucky you did it first

... oh yea, I blame you whenever I get shot down from now on
Hate to break it to you, but I stopped flying almost 3 months ago now I have moved on to playing Sharqi, and you can see my infantry stats actually mean something now lol.

So you will continue to gain on me forever more, as I only flew again to make those videos and write the guide, then back to Sharqi If my internet is online tonight I will be playing in BF2s sat. tonight though so I usually fly there being unranked and all.
Hiei987
+20|6688
"The J10 will rearm one bomb and 5 missiles in one runway pass, unless you go really slow which is BAD.
The F35B and Mig29 will fully reload, as will the bombers, F18 etc."

This actually depends on the airfield, not the jet. The F35 will still only realod 1 bomb on Chinese Airfield on Dilian while the J10 will get two by using the carrier.
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6742

Hiei987 wrote:

"The J10 will rearm one bomb and 5 missiles in one runway pass, unless you go really slow which is BAD.
The F35B and Mig29 will fully reload, as will the bombers, F18 etc."

This actually depends on the airfield, not the jet. The F35 will still only realod 1 bomb on Chinese Airfield on Dilian while the J10 will get two by using the carrier.
The carrier is obviously longer, but the J10 can reload fully on every runway, you just have to keep your hands off the afterburners. Even a tinge of afterburners will screw it up, even 20 seconds before you hit the runway. You have to go in slow and make sure your over the runway at the initial pavement, not flying in halfway. Torin mentioned the same thing in his post and I refer you to my answer there.

My point is this: you can reload fully on all runways with the J10, but you'd have to gimp your velocity to do so which is not worth it. The J10 holds its airspeed extremely well, whether it be airspeed from changing height or from using burners, 99% of the time the J10 is simply going too fast on a small runway to reload fully. However, that said, it can reload if you go in slowly (100% throttle mind you - you don't need to cut it). Try it if you don't believe me, it can be done but it is stupid!

The F35 has an amazing ability to loose all of its airspeed beyond its baseline within 5 seconds, and its runways are longer; admittedly the Essex is big. The J10 preserves its airspeed really well, especially when it has 5seconds longer of burners to tweak the airspeed continually. Hence when it goes in to a runway its clicking in aroud 1000-1300 (@20ft!) which is impressive, whereas the F35 is petering along at 850-950 with burn.

I actually did some testing, and Xennores stats are right, but they are missing 50ft 100ft and 150ft altitudes which is where the Mig and the J10 shine in airspeed, of course they shine in maneuverability everywhere compared to the F35. The F35 is faster at 300ft 400ft etc. but its turn radius still sucks horribly, and the J10 always wins. The game designers should fix the F35s turn radius at higher heights so that it can actually beat the other jets in the higher altitudes where it is faster, but the F35 could then loose in the lower altitudes like it currently does to balance the game.
Hiei987
+20|6688
The length of airfield doesn't have much to do with it, more the width does. You can go through the Chinese airfield on DV with J10 at full speed and you'll still reload two bombs, because that's just how the airfield works. The only airfields that reload one bomb for J10 are Wake and Dilian. ( And it doesn't matter if it's J10, F35 or F18 - You still get one bomb ) The only airfields that reload 1 bomb unless you are going really slow are the ones that only have one air strip. It's really easy to notice that you reload two bombs for J10 on Daquing, Dragon Valley and FuShe Pass regardless of the speed you are going at... The point of one bomb reload at and one strip airfield was not to have China keep US on the carrier until it's too late, and those two are only Chinese maps where US starts with no bases on land.
washow
Get out of MY JET!!!
+23|6708
i was thinking of making a series of pictures of repair points
as most of you know, flying over the airway doesn't always mean it will fix your jet up

quite annoying actually.. at first i thought it was around heli pads but that wasn't it

like in wake, the chinese repair point for jet is about the middle of the runway(test it with your jet on the ground)
but because you fly so fast, it doesn't repair you even 1 points usually..

meh anyone want to test on this? lol i'm busy with my SAT 3 weeks later
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6742

washow wrote:

i was thinking of making a series of pictures of repair points
as most of you know, flying over the airway doesn't always mean it will fix your jet up

quite annoying actually.. at first i thought it was around heli pads but that wasn't it

like in wake, the chinese repair point for jet is about the middle of the runway(test it with your jet on the ground)
but because you fly so fast, it doesn't repair you even 1 points usually..

meh anyone want to test on this? lol i'm busy with my SAT 3 weeks later
Seems to me that you have to be low enough to the runway for a certain amount of time to get a repair chunk. If you fly too high, or only pass the repair spot, but for too short a time you get nothing. If you come in low you always get something. Seems to be time over the runway related to me.
Poncho
and I'm not a raincoat...
+91|6703|NL

[CANADA]_Zenmaster wrote:

Seems to me that you have to be low enough to the runway for a certain amount of time to get a repair chunk. If you fly too high, or only pass the repair spot, but for too short a time you get nothing. If you come in low you always get something. Seems to be time over the runway related to me.
What I know from Dragon Valley with the J10 is that you need to fly very low over the "runway-house" (the best is the front side). How slower you go over it how more it repairs.
s()mtingWong
+48|6689

comet241 wrote:

i dont fly jets, just choppers, but i read the whole post. to add to the helo vs. jet section, i gotta say i rarely ever get shot down by jets. if a jet is dogging me, i just turn and face them directly. i drop flares, fire my rockets, and let the gunner mg/tv them till they die. i have 80 hours or more in the chopper, and this is my proven strategy. just my two cents...
OOOh i'd love to challenge you, i aint trying to put you down but i love taking out helos with jets its practically easy kills. IMHO jets overpower choppers alot(IF you are an experienced pilot). You've put alot of hours into your helo and it would be a treat to battle with an experienced chopper pilot.
Orclaborer
+0|6561
Hey, good job for the time passed I am pretty experton aviation ( except my brother plays) butit looks good
goblinstomper
I ♣ Seals
+8|6561|Hampshire
I found the best way to learn to fly was to start a local server on Kubra Dam and as no1 joins you can use the planes/choppers to your hearts content...i can now fly everything through the road tunnel, including the jets... upside down
datalore44
+0|6535
Great Video and tutorial, I learned a lot (still can't fly though). 
I noticed when you were changing from chase rear to cockpit, you managed to skip the internal view and go straight to external. I am using keytojoy and although the key binding looks obvious, it doesn't work.
Can you tell me how to configure it 
Jewbat
+8|6725
Okay, I haven't posted here in ages. Yet I am compelled to ask, are any of the aforementioned tips or tricks required to be edited or erased in the face of 1.2. I stopped play becuase of that patch and now have come back.
nev
+23|6582|Land of OZ
good read - + 1 karma
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6649
Fuck. I've been writing an aviator guide myself. Recording movies, making dogfight maneauvre clips in flash, writing page after page of how to fly & etcetera.

And then I find this.

Damn you zenmaster! You suck because you rule
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
souljar
+8|6481|Liverpool U.K
Some good stuff there m8 but i already got air skills down , good work
petropete
+13|6403|Texas

[CANADA]_Zenmaster wrote:

This content has been moved to the wiki @ http://wiki.bf2s.com/tactical-guides/aviator-tactics

Please leave your comments in this thread, and have fun flying!
Amazing work. Well done.
mark
+5|6401
Wow that is very nice you put a lot of work and effort into that well done seriously.
It helped a lot now at least i dont crash into the ground all the time
atiluis
+0|6387
i dont get how to make bf2 use a joystick
i tried going to the options and controls than airplane.
i dont know what to do from there help plz
atiluis
+0|6387

atiluis wrote:

i dont get how to make bf2 use a joystick
i tried going to the options and controls than airplane.
i dont know what to do from there help plz
nvm i found how thanks this really works
atiluis
+0|6387
i can get my throttle to work
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6742

Glad i could halp, roffle!!
atiluis
+0|6387
what i dont get is how to make my throttle work for accelarting.
souljar
+8|6481|Liverpool U.K
Yo man nice work.

Wey hey am famous, i made it into your screenshots.

"dont let this be you"

My bad.
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6742

souljar wrote:

Yo man nice work.

Wey hey am famous, i made it into your screenshots.

"dont let this be you"

My bad.
ZING!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard